SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Sage User

Moving files from one HD to another, and item is recorded again

I have two computers in my setup - one has Sage and the other is my main computer. As programs are recorded onto the Sage computer, I copy them over to my other computer, which has a larger, 250GB harddrive. That computer acts as the server for the MediaMVP, which I use to show my SageTV recordings on my TV. It also has my DVD Recorder drive, if I want to archive. Those are the two reasons I copy evrything over.

That said, once I copy over, SageTV will record the program again. For instance, if I record The West Wing on Thursday, then move it over, it will record the same episode again the next time it is on.

Is there a way to have this not happen?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Administrator

SageTV will record an episode as long as it isn't already in the list of SageTV Recordings or isn't marked as Watched. So, when you don't watch it & move it out of SageTV's recording directory, it appears to have disappeared (been deleted) & gets recorded again. See this FAQ entry.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Sage User

An amazingly complete response. Thank you for the work you put into this.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

along the same lines.
I have my main computer with 1TB of drive space. This is my Main HTPC running Sage 2.1.10 I would like to be able to use a second PC in my bedroom for my wife to watch recordings on. I would like to be able to use Sage but do not want to record to the second PC. I also do not want to put tuners in it either. Is Client able to use Live TV through 100mbit Lan? Can I watch the tuners from the main PC in my bedroom? Will client be able to view the video files from main video directory on Main PC and play in bedroom PC?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Is Client able to use Live TV through 100mbit Lan? Can I watch the tuners from the main PC in my bedroom? Will client be able to view the video files from main video directory on Main PC and play in bedroom PC?
Yes. YES! YES!!!

oh... um... sorry. I got carried away.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
along the same lines.
I have my main computer with 1TB of drive space. This is my Main HTPC running Sage 2.1.10 I would like to be able to use a second PC in my bedroom for my wife to watch recordings on. I would like to be able to use Sage but do not want to record to the second PC. I also do not want to put tuners in it either. Is Client able to use Live TV through 100mbit Lan? Can I watch the tuners from the main PC in my bedroom? Will client be able to view the video files from main video directory on Main PC and play in bedroom PC?
um... as Opus4 says, yes! Thats the whole point of the SageClient software: to provide access to everything on the server (including pictures, videos, mp3s and capture cards) from a remote system with the same user interface!