SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation Sage 2.1 loses IR after waking up ... anyone else seeing this ?

I am seeing a problem with Sage 2.1. My machine is set to suspend after 10 minutes of inactivity. Sage wakes it while recording stuff and then puts it back to sleep. This all works more or less okay.

However, whenever I manually wake up the machine (by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard), and bring Sage back from sleep ... the remote control does not work. I have to close Sage and re-start it before it recognizes the remote again.

I am using the IRMan connected thru COM1 and I am using the Home Theater Master MX500 remote with this.

I did not see this problem before with Sage 2.0.X and SageWake, so I am guessing this is a 2.1 specific problem.

Anyone else seeing this problem (with IRMan or anything else) ?
Old 11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Sage Expert

I am javing the same problem with controlling my DirecTV receiver via serial line.

I'm going to look more into it tonight to see if I can come up with a formula to make it break every time.

I think it's as simple as you say (put sage to sleep, put computer in standby, bring back from standby, bring back Sage), but I want to verify this.

-Beef
Old 11-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage Expert

Also, this worked no problem with 2.0.20 and sagewake.....I'm just about out of trial time!

-Beef
Old 11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Sage User

Ditto here. I have an IR blaster on a COM port controlling my sat receiver. Worked fine under 2.0.19 after waking from standby (and restarting Sage via SageWake). In 2.1.10 without SageWake, the system comes out of standby and all Sage functions work, but my sat receiver won't change. This occurs whether run as a service or not.

The interesting thing is that I can run a test on the IR control software and it successfully sends commands to my receiver, which seems to imply to me that the driver/hardware is okay. It may be that following wakeup Sage has somehow lost the ability to call the IR software...

I have resorted to Sage 2.1 (no service) with SageWake restarting Sage after wakeup which works fine, although it's slower.

Kevin
Old 11-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Sage Expert

can someone please tell me that Sage has read this post and perhaps working on a fix?

-Beef
Old 11-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Beefcake550, I am having the same problem with 2.1 Andy suggested that I report to technical report which I have done. YOu should also report it as well. Go to SageTv site and fill out form. Regards,
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Been there, done that (actually I only did it about 30 min. ago)
Old 11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have filed a request for support on this issue thru the official support process. Am waiting to hear back from them.

I would encourage others seeing this issue to request official support as well. It will probably get higher priority if Frey knows multiple people are affected by this issue.

Start here for the official support -- http://www.sage.tv/request.html or e-mail "support@freytechnologies.com"
Old 11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550
I am javing the same problem with controlling my DirecTV receiver via serial line.

I'm going to look more into it tonight to see if I can come up with a formula to make it break every time.

I think it's as simple as you say (put sage to sleep, put computer in standby, bring back from standby, bring back Sage), but I want to verify this.

-Beef
Exact same problem here with 2.1.
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 11-14-2004, 04:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just to update folks, I have heard back from Sage support and they are trying to duplicate this in their systems. I am hoping once they can reproduce the problem, the fix won't be far behind.

Now lets keep our collective fingers crossed
Old 11-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Sage Expert

My USB-UIRT stopped changing channels on my cable box. It still worked as a reciever though. I just realiased that I wasn't using the lastest version of java. I'm upgrading now hoping that that will be the problem. Here is my SageTV server setup:

SageTV->pvr-250->USB-UIRT->motorola cable box
SageRecorder (127.0.0.1 network encoder to control actisys)->pvr-250->Actisys->motorola cable box
SageTV Client->MVP Client
Old 11-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Sage Expert

Looks like my problem is different. For some reason when I upgraded to 2.1, my usb-uirt config was lost. Now I'm trying to remove the tuner and readd it, but when I enter my zip code it keeps saying there was an error connecting to the sagetv server . Does anyone know if there's a way to verify that frey's server is up?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
Looks like my problem is different. For some reason when I upgraded to 2.1, my usb-uirt config was lost. Now I'm trying to remove the tuner and readd it, but when I enter my zip code it keeps saying there was an error connecting to the sagetv server . Does anyone know if there's a way to verify that frey's server is up?
Nevermind...I managed to readd the tuner and all is well again.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:24 PM

I am having the same problem with 2.1, power management, and DirecTv serial control. I used the link for official support. Still waiting for solution.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same (or at least a similar) problem. Whenever Sage isn't going to record something during the night, I hibernate the system. Every time I start the system back up in the morning, the IR doesn't respond. Keyboard or mouse controls work fine, and Sage seems ok except for the fact that the remote is "ignored". I have to exit Sage and restart it to get the IR going again.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed SageTV Beat ver 2.2.1 today and alas ... the problem is STILL there !

I am using an IRMan IR Receiver connected to COM1 and it does not get re-initialized after the computer comes back from stand-by. I have to either close Sage completely and re-start -or- have to go to the port setting for IR Man, change it from COM1 to NONE and then change it back to COM1 again to get Sage to recognize the IRMan again. Either of these two solutions need a keyboard to be nearby ... which is kinda annoying.

Anyone using the USB-UIRT ? Is the USB-UIRT problem fixed in 2.2.1 ?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am still have the resume from standby problem(2.2.1) using the USB-UIRT. I did some additional testing this time running Sage as a service. It seems that when run with the service module the USB-UIRT works when you come out of standby.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm ... that's interesting. I am NOT running Sage as a service in 2.2.1. I had too many problems with UI lockups and other issues when running Sage as a service in 2.1 ... so I am still shying away from it in 2.2.1.

Has this improved in 2.2.1 ? Are you seeing any problems running Sage as a service in 2.2.1 ?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I cannot reliably say that 2.2.1 is stable as I have not done a great deal of testing of this version. My main objective was to test the resume from standby issue.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipto
I just installed SageTV Beat ver 2.2.1 today and alas ... the problem is STILL there !

I am using an IRMan IR Receiver connected to COM1 and it does not get re-initialized after the computer comes back from stand-by. I have to either close Sage completely and re-start -or- have to go to the port setting for IR Man, change it from COM1 to NONE and then change it back to COM1 again to get Sage to recognize the IRMan again. Either of these two solutions need a keyboard to be nearby ... which is kinda annoying.

Anyone using the USB-UIRT ? Is the USB-UIRT problem fixed in 2.2.1 ?
I had reported this bug for 2.2.1 thru the official bug report form, and just heard back from Frey Support that this has been fixed for the next build