SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Feature Request - CPU meter in OSD

I had an idea last night when I was messing around with Sage. It would be nice to have a CPU meter somewhere on the OSD so I can get a quick idea of how busy my system is. I sometimes notice some performance decreases, and remote button lag when the system is crunching away on comskip for example. Also, when having pvr-350 issues I frequently look at the CPU meter to see if the system process is maxed out.

I don't know if it is possible, but I though it might be a nice option to add to a STV. You could even get complicated and show the percentage that sage is using, vs. comskip, vs. process a b or c. What ever is useful.

What do you think?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Until someone decides to do this, right click taskbar, task manager, select performance tab, options->always on top, and double click the cpu graph...
Resize to taste and reposition!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Sage Expert

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Until someone decides to do this, right click taskbar, task manager, select performance tab, options->always on top, and double click the cpu graph...
Resize to taste and reposition!
LOL LOL LOL

but... nice idea and i have a wish to: network traffic (wlan)
Old 11-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ya, I suppose I could do that, but, I'm using the 350's tv out, which means I'd have to get off the couch to look at the cpu meter on the computer screen, which means I will do without. "Until someone decides to do this."
Old 11-11-2004, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
i have a wish to: network traffic (wlan)
In Win XP, same as above but click the 'networking' tab

yep you are out of luck in a '350... It's not just an 'if someone decides to do this' issue: there is also the issue of how to get the CPU (and network) load info from within Sage..
Old 11-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
theres always using FFDshow as your codec and putting its meter as a filter. the only exception is that its questionably accurate and the fact you have to stop play back to get rid of it when you're tired of it.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

what about a speedfan plugin or other monitoring software (that most of the 'other' pvr software's already have)? BTW--and here is my rant---it is getting very frustrating watching newer PRV software applications coming out with lots of plugins while sage is still so limiting on that front (not that i don't appreciate the ones we have-i would have left sage long ago without them)....rant over.
JUC
Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

Can one or two of you guys point me to a couple of "other" PVR software utils that show this information? I'd like to get an idea of what you would like to see.

I can probably know something out you guys would like in little time.

Carlo
Old 11-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

http://www.meedio.com/maid/detail.php?mode=detail&plugin_id={D924FCC6-D107-4E45-B50A-9A285BEC21E2}

-Thanks--its actually for motherboard monitor. I guess 'most' was an overstatement though. I thought BTV had it too but i guess not. It would be nice though. Actually, your involvement is great. Now where is your paypal account?
JUC
Old 11-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

I was actually thinking of something completely different based on CPU/Network monitoring. When I can free up a couple of hours I'll play around and see if I can come up with something you guys will like.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

carlo, you've been great. so many updates, so many ideas and willingness to provide us users with so many options. Thanks
JUC
Old 11-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Your welcome.