SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Sage User

Question Padding of Favorites not working

I'm still running SageTV 1.4. When I try to pad the end of my favorites, it dosen't seem to take effect. I have to go to each individual episode and pad the end time there if I want it to actually work. Is this a known bug in the version I'm running? Any way to fix it?

Thanks.

Athlon 2500+, Win2000 Pro, SageTV 1.4, Sage Recorder 1.4, 2x Haup 250s.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Is the padding actually not there? I ask because Sage only displays the scheduled runtime in the progress bar, not the padding (even though it's there).
Old 11-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do you have other programs recording on the same channel right after the favorite episodes ? If so, Sage by default will remove padding on back to back recordings on the same channel. This is to reduce unnecessary conflicts.

However, if you would like to change this behavior, tweak the value of the property "remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites" in the Sage.properties file. Make sure Sage is completely closed (not just in sleep mode) when editing the Sage.properties file, or your changes will be overwritten by Sage.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Is the padding actually not there? I ask because Sage only displays the scheduled runtime in the progress bar, not the padding (even though it's there).
Sage will, however, show the padding in the "View Upcoming Program Schedule"
Old 11-16-2004, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

"remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites"
I thought this was a 2.0 feature? bigblue is using 1.4
Old 11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Sage User

The pad is definitely not there, when I watch the shows they just cut off at the end.

Yes there is another show which records on the same channel right after, but I have two tuners and the second one is not occupied. I had hoped the second tuner would just start the next recording while the first one recorded the extra pad at the end of the first show. Is there any way to make 1.4 behave this way?

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, I didn't notice that you are still on 1.4

Well, why not upgrade to 2.0 ?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage User

I will upgrade if there's no other fix, but it took me quite a while to get everything working properly with the two tuners, so I'm really reluctant to rock the boat if it's not absolutely necessary. Figured I'd try for a 1.4 fix first.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue
I will upgrade if there's no other fix, but it took me quite a while to get everything working properly with the two tuners, so I'm really reluctant to rock the boat if it's not absolutely necessary. Figured I'd try for a 1.4 fix first.
Just save your Frey directory and install 2.1 right over the top. If it doesn't work, uninstall, delete the dir, reinstall 1.4 and then copy the dir back.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have four tuners in my system and I regularly upgraded to the latest and greatest version of Sage using the method Stanger suggested and never had a problem ... that is until I upgraded to 2.1.

Myself and a couple others seem to be having some problems with version 2.1 ... but the release version of 2.0 (v2.0.20) worked perfectly for me. So if you are worried about stability, I would recommend giving 2.1 some time to mature and stay with 2.0.20 for the time being.

If you upgrade following Stangers advice, all your settings will be retained. Just make sure you have a copy of the Wiz.bin, Wiz.bak and Sage.properties so you can revert back if necessary.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Anybody know how I can get a copy of version 2.0? The site only seems to be supplying 2.1 for download now.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

Why not just use Stanger's method of upgrading and try 2.1 it may work fine for you. If you run it with the service disabled it acts very much like 2.0.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Anybody know how I can get a copy of version 2.0? The site only seems to be supplying 2.1 for download now.
The released version of Sage 2.0 (ver 2.0.20) still seem to be available at the old download location here