SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Niel,

Got the translation working great with spaces and all.

One (last) question for the night.....

Is there some kind of file size limit on the webserver?

I can transfer over http (using Save Link as....) any of the shows that are <1GB (takes about 12 minutes). However, anything over 1GB will immedately transfer only 1KB of the file, then close it.

I've tried it on every recording and it fits all the time.... All the comments under throttle.properties are completey remarked out, as default.

If I just click on it, it will try to load the whole thing to play in a browser's Quicktime window.

Past this..... we're great!

And..... is there a way to remove the DELETE NOW (or better yet.... password protect it with an additional password) from the detail menu?

Thanks for all the help today!

Stacy

Can someone copy and paste an example of how they got links to work?
I want to be able to be able to get to my photos the way sage gets to them via mapped network drives. Manual says I need to put in the webroot to access but that seems inconvenient when I already have them mapped on a networked drive
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-03-2004, 03:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I want to be able to be able to get to my photos the way sage gets to them via mapped network drives. Manual says I need to put in the webroot to access
Does it? -- it seems to menition using aliases to directory paths outside of the web-root...
Old 12-03-2004, 03:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Stacy: no limits I am aware of, but it might be a integer overflow problem -- I will have a look...

DeleteNow can not be removed, and password protection can be applied (there is an example in realms.properties, but it will also affect all the other commands like 'Don't Like', and 'Watched'
Old 12-03-2004, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson
I created the no-ip account but I am getting stuck on how to get the sagetv webserver to update to that page.
Not sure what you mean here... A no-ip account (and the client software) gives your sage computer a 'name' (such as 'ajb.no-ip.com') on the internet that will follow your computer even if your IP address changes...

If you also open a hole in your firewall to allow incomming traffic from the internet to the Sage webserver, this would mean that you can access the sage webserver *on your Sage computer* from anywhere on the internet by going to:
http://ajb.no-ip.com:8080/sage
(note: not a real address!)
Old 12-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Stacy: no limits I am aware of, but it might be a integer overflow problem -- I will have a look...

DeleteNow can not be removed, and password protection can be applied (there is an example in realms.properties, but it will also affect all the other commands like 'Don't Like', and 'Watched'
Thanks for checking on the integer overflow problem. I went through and checked my system again and I don't think it's anything I'm doing.

Stacy
Old 12-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

MediaMVP Client has problems after webserver install

Since installing webserver, sucessfully, yesterday my MediaMVP client will no longer play live TV.

Now, it will not watch live TV anymore. If you select a program that on right now (either by EPG or "Live TV") it will remove the menu, show the OSD and just have black with the time counter not moving. The time counter will show how much of the live program has past (time bar being RED).

However, it WILL playback shows that have already been recorded --- unless the show was told be recorded from the MVP (i.e. from the MVP I told ER to record). If I try to look at that, it will still show only the black screen. But, if I go downstairs and tell a different machine (PC) to record ER then the MVP will play that back fine while it's still recording.

The MVP client is NOT on the Sage Server. It is on a completely separate PC, so no components of web server have been installed on the MVP client PC.

A third PC's client software works just like it's supposed to.... no problems with Live TV.

Anyone having trouble like this?

Thanks,

Stacy
Old 12-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here... A no-ip account (and the client software) gives your sage computer a 'name' (such as 'ajb.no-ip.com') on the internet that will follow your computer even if your IP address changes...

If you also open a hole in your firewall to allow incomming traffic from the internet to the Sage webserver, this would mean that you can access the sage webserver *on your Sage computer* from anywhere on the internet by going to:
http://ajb.no-ip.com:8080/sage
(note: not a real address!)
How do I get the sagetv webserver to point to my No-ip address though, that is the problem I am having.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

nielm,

I was wondering if you could help me with something? I have the sage webserver running and it works for the most part. I have a dynamic dns registered at a .gotdns.com account. When accessing the webserver using that address, it works fine. However, I have a .info domain name mapped to the .gotdns.com account and I also have masking turned on (so that you will only see the .info address in the address bar). When I access the webserver using the masked .info address, the options don't work. Such as, when I select to see 100 channels at a time rather than 10. Or select to see channel logos. The screen will refresh but the options won't work. I figured it was something to do with the mask since it works without it. Just wondering if there was any way around this? Also, when I goto delete a show, I get an error (no matter whether I use the masked domain or not). I have downloaded the servlet.jar file. I've tried renaming it to servlet.jar, servlets.jar, servlet.zip, and servlets.zip. Same error no matter which. This is the error I get:

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.AiringCommandServlet.doServletGet(AiringCommandServlet.java:130)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:129)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1503)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1392)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks,
Josh

Client 1 & 2: 50in Samsung DLP, 34in Insignia LCD, nMedia HTPC180, WinXP Pro SP2, SageTV Client v7 beta, XBMC, AMD XP2800, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB hdd, ATI HD3450, built-in audio, Firefly
Old 12-03-2004, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do I get the sagetv webserver to point to my No-ip address though, that is the problem I am having.
Its the other way around: the no-ip address points to the machine running the sagetv webserver...

You (some where else on the internet) then point your browser to the no-ip hostname, which resolves to the IP address of you sageTV machine at home, so the browser on the internet connects directly to the sage webserver on your home system.

Last edited by nielm; 12-03-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Sage Expert

do I just do the

****.no-ip/info/(name of the sagetv box)

With the name of the sagetv box being the name that sagetv server runs on?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by walts81
When accessing the webserver using that address, it works fine. However, I have a .info domain name mapped to the .gotdns.com account and I also have masking turned on (so that you will only see the .info address in the address bar). When I access the webserver using the masked .info address, the options don't work.
I don't really know what masking is, but, The options use cookies: the cookies could be being set on the wrong domain name...

As for the other problem, do any of the other commands work (set watched/don't like)? Check the log file (webserver/logs/*.log) to see if there was a startup problem...

Stacy: I can't help much with the mediaMVP... Can't think of any reason why the webserver would interfere with it either...
Old 12-03-2004, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
do I just do the

****.no-ip/info/(name of the sagetv box)

With the name of the sagetv box being the name that sagetv server runs on?
I don't use no-ip (I use dyndns) but...

If you registered your domain name as:
hostname: xyz .no-ip.info
then you browse to:
http://xyz.no-ip.info:8080/sage/
And assuming your firewall lets you in, and the IP address associated with xyz.no-ip.info is correct (the no-ip software client running on your sage box should do this) then it should work...

Your sage box 'becomes' that hostname: xyz.no-ip.info on the internet...
Old 12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

AJ,
I just set this up yesterday and will try to tell you exactly what I did.

1. Setup webserver on server machine and made sure it worked via http://localhost:8080/sage/Home per instructions. This worked great.
2. Went to a second machine on my home network and went to http://hp933:8080/sage/Home (hp933 is the name of my SageTV server). This worked.
3. Registered with dyndns.org and created my machine name there sagetv. It automatically sensed by IP address and setup up sagetv.dyndns.org to point to my ip address. dyndns can automatcially sense your ip if you are accessing it from a computer on your local network (in your home).
4. Browsed to http://sagetv.dyndns.org:8080/sage/Home, did not work. I then had to do a little debug. I have a cable modem, connected to a cable modem router, connected to a 8 port hub. I went into my cable modem router and set up a DMZ for my computer hp933. What this does is send all traffic sent to my cable modem, unchanged straight to my computer hp933.
5. Browsed to http://sagetv.dyndns.org:8080/sage/Home again. Bingo! it worked. Now I know the dyndns thing works but I don't want to leave a DMZ open on my network. So I have to fix this!
6. Went back into my router setup (http://192.168.0.1), each router may be different. I then forwarded tcp port 8080 to my hp933 computer. This acts in a similar fashion to a DMZ, but only for that one port.
7. Browsed to http://sagetv.dyndns.org:8080/sage/Home, Bingo! works.

I'm now setup to access my SageTV server from anywhere on the internet.

Caveats: My router serves up IP addresses to my computers via DHCP. My port forwarding is done to IP addresses. This means there may come a time where my hp933 ip changes and the web interface will break. There are ways to fix this but I've not bothered with them. If it breaks I will reconfigure my router to point to the new IP address and be off and running.

Hope this helps some,
dave
Old 12-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage Expert

got it to work nielm, I just used the link that you posted and changed it to the domain name that I registered.

is there anyway to add in favorite options?

Last edited by AJ Bertelson; 12-03-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Sage User

WOW this is great... can you edit favorites using webserver?
Old 12-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgibbysworth
WOW this is great... can you edit favorites using webserver?
is it too early to ask for requests?
Old 12-04-2004, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

3 requests in a row
As I said a while back, this is remote programming 'I forgot to set the VCR type' of stuff for the moment... (I don't even have enough time to fix the existing bugs!)... I would like to develop it further, but that depends on a lot of things (job, family, life, and how long it will take me to rebuild my sage server which died completely last night -- doesn't even boot any more!)

AJ: glad you got it working... I have added that last line to the instructions...

Everyone, if you think you can improve on my instructions in the wiki, please do -- thats what a wiki is for!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Does it? -- it seems to menition using aliases to directory paths outside of the web-root...
Thanks I tried that briefly but no success.
I will try again
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Sage Icon

Awesome plugin.

Didn't test it out until now. Kinda glad I'm late as the instructions are now better and some bugs have been ironed out since initial release. But great job, nielm. This is faster and easier to use than the web guide in BeyondTV. Now if I can find some software that can stream LiveTV over the internet, then I can do without BTV for good.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

HTML suggestions

For the web EPG guide, you use css to highlight the <a> tag, but only if the actual <a> link is hovered. Here's some code that I'd recommend to highlight the entire <td> cell if/when any part of it is hovered. I think you basically use a <td class="show">. If you enhance show with a "show_hover" tag, and simulate the example below, you can easily have it highlight on the <td> cell, which I think would be easier to track.

Anyway, here's the HTML example:

Code:
<head> 
<style type="text/css"> 
<!-- 
td.test { 
  background: blue; 
} 
td.test2 { 
  background: cyan; 
} 
--> 
</style> 
</head> 
<body> 
<table summary="test"> 
<tr><td class="test" onmouseover="this.className='test2'" 
onmouseout="this.className='test'">Hello world!</td></tr> 
</table> 
</body>
When building your <td> list, also, I'd do it in as generic a css way as possible. I'm assuming you have full access to the TV data, so you should keep this open to allowing <td> cells to be painted according to content (i.e. movies=purple, sports=green, etc.) and maybe even configurable in the .css file you have open to users to change. Just a thought.

More quick feedback, when browsing down the channel list in grid view (and I assume in others), when you scroll arrow down, it increases in channel until it hits EOL. Then the next arrow puts you back at the start of list. However, when at the SOL, and click an up arrow, it doesn't do anything. For those with a long channel list, an up arrow getting to the EOL page might be useful.

You might want to add a dialog text box for 'top channel' to move to a specific channel quickly, but that's a lot more work than what I have suggested here.

Having trouble with the v2.1.10 and v2.2.1 key, but haven't found any bugs in trial mode. Playing around with this while my son's been asleep, so I can see this great web server, but might downgrade eventually if more issues.

Son just walked in, and he's mine for the day, so that's all the feedback I have so far. Great work from what I've seen on this Nielm. This is the type of access I think that gives SageTV the best expansibility in the HTPC/PVR marketplace. Glad to see you're one of the people who's enhancing SageTV.

Speak to you soon, gang.

Tags
web