SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried to search for this but could not find an answer.

Is there away to do away with the /sage/home component of the URL? My server is ONLY running sageTV so it would be much nicer to type http://server and get the web UI instead of the whole path..

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
I tried to search for this but could not find an answer.

Is there away to do away with the /sage/home component of the URL? My server is ONLY running sageTV so it would be much nicer to type http://server and get the web UI instead of the whole path..
The only way I can think of doing it is to put a redirect in index.html in the folder
c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\webserver\webroot

Edit the file and put some code in like below

<html>
<head>
<title>Your Page Title</title>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://servername/sage/home"></HEAD>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

If you're using a different port for the webserver then add that to the end of the line, ie //servername:8080/sage/home
Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
The only way I can think of doing it is to put a redirect in index.html in the folder
I edited the default file under the webroot but for some reason it continues to use the old default of redirecting to blank and printing the nothing to see here notification, even after a system reboot..

Odd.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't understand that. I just pasted the code above and replaced the existing code in the file.

I've got apache on my sage server which uses port 80 so I'm using 8959 instead. If I go to http//sageserver:8959 it automatically gets forwarded to http://sageserver:8959/sage/home

You're not running Vista are you?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I don't understand that. I just pasted the code above and replaced the existing code in the file.

I've got apache on my sage server which uses port 80 so I'm using 8959 instead. If I go to http//sageserver:8959 it automatically gets forwarded to http://sageserver:8959/sage/home

You're not running Vista are you?
No, I did figure it out though. My browser cached the old index so the new one isn't getting loaded. A different PC showed the proper behavior.

Thanks

Old 09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Sage User

webserver /sage/Home won't load on particular kernel

So here's a weird one for ya......when i load to my 2.6.24-16-server ubuntu kernel, i can get to the 'home' page of the webserver http://sever/sage/Home

but when i have my 2.6.24-19-server kernel loaded, the 'home' page doesn't load. All the other pages load just fine, but the browser just sits there saying it's transferring data from the server and never loads the page when i try the /sage/Home page.

Any ideas? Is there an easy place for me to edit to see if there's something specific on the home page that is preventing the whole thing from loading?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

I'm running 2.6.24-19-generic and haven't seen that problem. I'm using Java 1.6.0_06.

Does your sagetv_0.txt file have any errors in it?

The page is generated by a servlet so it wouldn't be very easy to modify it, unless you're a Java programmer.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Web server stream original while recording?

Probably been asked and answered a bunch, but I couldn't find it. Running the latest webserver on WinXP running SageTV in service mode. When I connect to the web page and tell it to stream the original video of a recording in the web player, it works just fine. If, however, I tell it to play the original stream of a program that is currently recording, it stops with "no video" in the embedded screen. If I tell it to transcode the same program to mpeg 2 it works just fine. This occurs running the browser on either the same machine as the server or on another machine on the lan. I have the latest VLC with mozilla plugin and the directx plugin. The behavior is the same in Firefox, in an IE window in Firefox, and in IE itself.

I guess the question is whether I am missing something or is this a feature or is this a bug.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 AM
Sage Icon

Logging off the website

I installed the webserver, and it works great. However, I did not see a way to log off anywhere. When I log off, then close the web browser, the next time I connect, there is no username or password required. I am concerned that someone would follow my connection to the webserver without a username or password to connect.

Is there a way to log off, so the next time a connection is tried, a username and password is required?

Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

If you exit the browser it should prompt you the next time.

B
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

My computer and browser is not setup to remember usernames and passwords. Yet, when I close the Firefox, and re-connect, then there is no request for the username and password. The SageTV web page opens up without a username or password.

I go to other web sites, such as Yahoo or Google e-mail, and there is an icon for logging off. I did not see anything on the menu or an icon to log off the web page.

Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpme View Post
This Web interface is an awesome capability, works great! I've been searching for a way to start a named Music playlist in Sage to play in SageTV. Any way to do this via the web server?

Thanks,
John
I don't know if this was ever answered... Is there a way to play a playlist via the webserver? I sometimes like to listen to music on the extender and don't want to turn the tv on to get to it.

Jim
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
I don't know if this was ever answered... Is there a way to play a playlist via the webserver? I sometimes like to listen to music on the extender and don't want to turn the tv on to get to it.

Jim
Play music via webserver:
  • In webserver put your mouse over the "media library" menu item
  • From the "media library" menu select "export playlists"
  • You should now see a list of each playlist you have on SageTV.
  • From these lists you can select wvx, m3u or pls and once you select one of those it should open that playlist in your music player on your PC and then you can listen to your music streamed from your SageTV server to your PC webserver.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

I want to actually want to play it on the extender... Not the PC that I'm using the web page on... I can play a show or music file on the extender... but not a playlist as I far as I can tell
Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
I want to actually want to play it on the extender... Not the PC that I'm using the web page on... I can play a show or music file on the extender... but not a playlist as I far as I can tell
This thread is really for the web interface though.

But you should be able to play a music playlist using your extender just as you can on your SageTV server PC.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

I think you are misunderstanding me.. I want to start playing a playlist on the extender USING the web interface to start it!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

The web remote can control different extenders, but it just navigates the extender UI. The TV has to be turned on to see what's happening.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

I can play a recording in the extender but just clicking on the recording and then hitting the "play on extender" button. I'd like the same functionality with playlists.. I'd like to browse the playlists and then start one playing.

Jim
Old 09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Alright, I have a problem. I have had the webserver running fine for the last two Sage versions that I used (6.3.10, 6.4.3 beta). I installed 6.4.8, and now it is not working. When I attempt to access it in IE, it just gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error (same old error as if you tried a website that did not exist).

I am running Java 1.6.0_06, and webserver 2.22.

Since installing 6.4.8, do I have to do anything or change anything to get it working? I don't recall having to do a thing when I went from 6.3.10 to 6.4.3.

Disclaimer: this whole webserver/Java/code/xml stuff is way over my head, so be gentle with me please. I was able to follow the instructions to get it working in the first place, but if I need to edit some code or something, please "talk me through it".
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Alright, I have a problem. I have had the webserver running fine for the last two Sage versions that I used (6.3.10, 6.4.3 beta). I installed 6.4.8, and now it is not working. When I attempt to access it in IE, it just gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error (same old error as if you tried a website that did not exist).

I am running Java 1.6.0_06, and webserver 2.22.

Since installing 6.4.8, do I have to do anything or change anything to get it working? I don't recall having to do a thing when I went from 6.3.10 to 6.4.3.

Disclaimer: this whole webserver/Java/code/xml stuff is way over my head, so be gentle with me please. I was able to follow the instructions to get it working in the first place, but if I need to edit some code or something, please "talk me through it".
I finally installed 6.48 this afternoon. I'm running Java version 1.6.0_07. I am still using version 2.20 of the webserver though.

I just tried accessing through both Firefox (my default) and IE (v6) with no troubles.

When you installed 6.48 did you uninstall the previous version? If so did it nuke the webserver files that reside in the Sage folder/subfolders?
Or, did it somehow nuke the "load_at_startup_runnable_classes= net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer" line in sage properties that loads the webserver?

I know there are a couple version differences between my Java, and webserver and your versions, but since it worked before and not after I'd suspect something amiss during the install of 6.48. Most likely one of the two things mentioned above.

Tags
web