SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

See if your sagetv_0.txt log file has anything related to the webserver.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to modify the "Play in Extender:" so that the extenders list with aliases? For example the extender could be listed with an alias of LivingRoom instead of something like 000abc0c1a23?

Dave
Old 09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Is there a way to modify the "Play in Extender:" so that the extenders list with aliases? For example the extender could be listed with an alias of LivingRoom instead of something like 000abc0c1a23?

Dave
Add your extenders to the extenders.properties file in the webserver folder.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Jreichen!

Play in extender:
Master Bedroom
Family Room

Looks much better than seeing the MAC addresses.

Dave
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
When you installed 6.48 did you uninstall the previous version? If so did it nuke the webserver files that reside in the Sage folder/subfolders?
Nope - did not uninstall, and the files are still there - or at least, there are a bunch of files, folders, and subfolders. I can't imagine anything disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Or, did it somehow nuke the "load_at_startup_runnable_classes= net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer" line in sage properties that loads the webserver?
Nope, still there.

I went into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\log.
There are several log files there, the most recent two are entitled:
"AWS-20080810_020856.log" from August 10, and
"AWS-20080915_054956.log" from Sept 15.

The August file has all sorts of stuff in it - presumably it was written the last time I used webserver successfully (yeah, I don't use it a lot).

The September log file (when it broke after the new Sage release) only has this:
Code:
[Mon Sep 15 17:49:56 EDT 2008] Server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
Does that give anyone any ideas?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

You have something else already running on the same port that the webserver wants to use. You can find the webserver's port in Sage.properties under the setting nielm/webserver/port.
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
You have something else already running on the same port that the webserver wants to use. You can find the webserver's port in Sage.properties under the setting nielm/webserver/port.
Hmmm. I'm not at home and I'll have to check it when I get there, but I don't know why that would have changed ports, or how something else would have started running in that port. I picked a completely random port number. Do various apps and such sometimes "pop up" and pick random ports, meaning something could have picked the one I use?

Is it possible that a previous run of mine - or worse, someone else - is running something on my PC through that port?

ON EDIT: changed the port on my host and in the sage.properties file, to another random number. Everything working fine now. Thanks!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.

Last edited by pjpjpjpj; 09-25-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question

One day, i waked up, and my childs has no LiveTV, i found program guide, not imported....

What is can be (web server log enclosed) ?

http://localhost:8080/sage/EpgChannel

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
at java.util.Vector.get(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.EpgChannelServlet.doServletGet(EpgChannelServlet.java:70)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:82)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1501)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1476)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1363)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Attached Files
File Type: txt AWS-20080926_072238.txt (4.6 KB, 409 views)

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;

Last edited by bjkiller; 09-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Sage Icon

The webserver cannot get channel information, this looks like something in the base SageTV configuration. You'll probably have better luck posting this question in the SageTV Software forum along with the sagetv_0.txt log file.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage Expert

So, not likeit really matters, but I just noticed that The disk space/usage graphic doesn't really work in my situation...

I have a WHS machine with 3.5TB of storage on it, but shares only show what available on the Landing Zone (LZ) - which in my case is 750GB. So, once I get to have more than 750GB of video stored up, the usage bar should be pegged at 100%, but in reality, I have 3.5TB - (video storage) space left.

Is there a way to get the correct free space available (as shown by looking in the drive pool) by getting the correct amount of total space?

-Brian
Old 10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
So, not likeit really matters, but I just noticed that The disk space/usage graphic doesn't really work in my situation...

I have a WHS machine with 3.5TB of storage on it, but shares only show what available on the Landing Zone (LZ) - which in my case is 750GB. So, once I get to have more than 750GB of video stored up, the usage bar should be pegged at 100%, but in reality, I have 3.5TB - (video storage) space left.

Is there a way to get the correct free space available (as shown by looking in the drive pool) by getting the correct amount of total space?

-Brian
Hello,

I don't believe this is an issue with the web user interface, I think it's part of the core functionality of Sage that figures this data out. I have Sage running on a HTPC in my living room and they store the recordings on my WHS which is setup very similar to you. I noticed the same thing on the disk usage graphic within the actual sage interface.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Would it be possible to add one enhancement to the web interface when searching? When searching in EPG or anything else, the "search string" box always has to be clicked before typing in the "search string" field. Could the cursor be defaulted in the "search string" box when selecting any of the searches? If the cursor could be defaulted in the "search string" field, then it would eliminate one step for most searching.

Dave
Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Would it be possible to add one enhancement to the web interface when searching? When searching in EPG or anything else, the "search string" box always has to be clicked before typing in the "search string" field. Could the cursor be defaulted in the "search string" box when selecting any of the searches? If the cursor could be defaulted in the "search string" field, then it would eliminate one step for most searching.

Dave
I think the same thing everytime I go to the webserver. Heck i think that everytime I go to any webpage that isn't Google that requires something typed in a textbox.

I assume it is a small piece of JavaScript code that activates the cursor in that box after the page is loaded? Whatever it is it is very handy indeed. I often find myself typing something while searching for a show and then realizing after I finish typing that I never highlighted the box.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

I discovered the solution to the make the webserver much easier to use. I created macros with a program I already own called "Macro Express". Now, I can press one function key, and it brings up the web server to the search box. No mouse clicking is needed. I can hit another function key and it brings the web server to the Program Grid. Other macro programs might work too.

Dave
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a minor issue I just noticed. If, during installation, you specify a password that happens to contain a colon, it doesn't work. What you end up with in realms.properties is something like this:

Quote:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,User:Pass:Word
which has the effect of setting the password to Pass rather than Pass:Word. The text after the second colon is ignored.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Sage Icon

trying to use special characters to really create a strong pass:word eh?

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Is anyone else having issues with watching video locally after streaming from webserver? I noticed that I have no problem with audio or video from either live tv or recorded tv until after a web streaming session has started. Afterward I only get a blank screen on the local machine. Simply exiting SageTV doesn't help I have to do a full reboot. Could this be an issue with webserver or VLC that it uses to stream the video? I don't know if it matters but the local tuner is setup as a network encoder and I have no problems getting audio or video on the client receiving the stream.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Can't get Web User Interface installer to work on Vista Preminum

I am no good with code (Command Promt) and I need the Web User Interface to import my shows from BTV. I get to the ports screen and it is greyed out. I tried it on my link machine and got the same thing.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't access the web server (HTTP 400 error)

Hey Guys

Recently, I've started getting a HTTP 400 error when trying to access the web server - the error text in the browser is "Bad Request (Invalid hostname)" and the WS interface does not load. The same problem occurs when trying to access the WS from the server itself.

Can anyone help? I do not remember changing any settings, it just stopped working. I have also tried uninstalling (delete) the WS files in the SageTV directory and re-installing, did not help.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Sage User

Often times can't view the 'home' page for the webserver

A lot of times i can't view the main webserver page....it just hangs when i try to load the /sage/Home URL. Every once in a while it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I have no problems at all w/ any of the other pages at any time.

Anybody see something like this?

I'm running the server on a 8.10 Ubuntu 64 linux box and accessing the page from both windows and linux hosts, same result.

Using java 1.6.0_07 (32bit) on the linux server

Tags
web