SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

thanks for the tip toongal... this is my first XHTML/CSS project so there are a few things I needed to learn, and still do!

I wanted to avoid javascript based functionality as much as possible (I am aware that a lot of users turn it off), which is why I am trying to do highlighting with css' :hover attribute, but that only works on certain elements (I use TR and DIV)...

The other problem with your example is that I am also using the TD class for the border colorization, but it can be worked around (it looks like I will have a whole bunch of TD classes for (fav/manrec/dontlike/recording)+(movie/sports/news)+(hover/nohover) (eek: 24 classes!).
The other option I looked at was make the containing Div 100%x100%, which then highlights the whole cell, but also means that the show is not vertically centered...

Background highlighting may come soon: I have only just got it working in Sage itself! (I use XMLTV data)
Old 12-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

The boy's eating lunch, so I have 15 mins or so. Rebuilt your exact model with a quick hack that achieves what I mentioned in my last post.

If I had more time, I'd build a model that basically has the <td> encompassing the entire content in the cell, highlighting everything in the <td> tag, and changing the <a> tag to surround the ENTIRE contents of the <td> cell, so you don't have to highlight the show title to select the cell.

sage_screen.css: (just stuck this in the global section for now)
Code:
td.show_hover {
  color: #ffd800;
  background: #0355a7;
}
EPG.html: (changed the first entry in the EPG, but same for all cells)
Code:
   <tr><td class="show" onmouseover="this.className='show_hover'" onmouseout="this.className='show'">
   <div class="crop" style="width:120px; height:52px">
      <a title="Paid Programming
6:00 AM - 6:30 AM
" href="DetailedInfo?AiringId=3650140">
         Paid Programming</a><br/>

<br/>6:00 AM - 6:30 AM
   </div></td></tr>
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
thanks for the tip toongal...
You're welcome... I didn't really have any time to parse through your .css file(s), but I did look enough to think it is more complicated than it needs to be. The way I drew your example up would ignore those who ignore javascript and not harm them at all.

Manually adding this into the HTML / .css files did seem to achieve what I was describing in the earlier example. Let me know if this isn't specific enough. Happy to include more detail if necessary. Back l8r.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

toongal: you are right that this is one of the things I am not 100% happy with... and it took a long time experimenting to get the combination of elements to work correctly..

Just to clarify why it is how it is:
the Td class is used for the cell border color, cell height and to v-align the contents
The div is used to set the width of the cell and to crop the contents (only works if width is set)
The div has to be auto-height to get v-align to work...

The only way to set the bgcolor is on the TD, so to get the varous combinations of border colors and background colors to work, I would need 24 td classnames (ouch!)

Its a pity td:hover doesnt work...
Old 12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm missing something, or maybe you are. I have a basic understanding of your syntax / structure and why you implemented it as you did. (This probably took forever, I bet...) I understand the td:hover, as you have defined it, doesn't work as you expected it to. However, if you use my example exactly in your current structure, it DOES choose a background color on highlight and undo it on exit. And it only took one extra class definition.

Basically, the "show" class definition you use in your current <td> tag is just fine for the 'default' display of the grid. But for <td> cell elements you want to highlight, just use the 'onmouseover' and 'onmouseout' javascript tags to switch the class from "show" to "show_hover" on hover, and back to "show" on out. I manually added it to the saved webserver file I have, and it seems to have worked just fine.

If you implement it this way, instead of yours, there are 'n' (n=number of things you want to paint) infinite colors/combinations to implement, instead of 24 hard-coded permutations to achieve the same result. To be specific, "show" can be your default, "show_movie" could be for a movie cell, "show_sports", etc. and have "show_hover" for the highlighted item. This would allow end users to change the color combinations in the .css file too, and your default definition for each of them (hover included) can be the same as "show".
Old 12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I realise setting the bgcolor on hover will work, but have a look at the epg grid which includes something with a favorite/manrecord/don't like/current recording -- the td class is showfavorite, showmanrecord, showdontlike, showmanrecord, showrecording to give the cell the correct border color (white/red/black/yellow)...

To keep the border color and have background colors for program types, I would need td class names:
show_favorite_sports, show_dontlike_sports, etc...
show_favorite_movie, show_dontlike_movie, etc...
show_favorite_news, show_dontlike_news, etc...
To keep the border color with the hovering, I would also need:
show_favorite_hover, show_dontlike_hover etc...
Thats where wll the many class names come from...

Other ways I tried were wrapping the td by a span, (the span classname defines the show type background) and use the css parent selector to set the bgcolor on the td (didn't work)

One way that will work is putting another table in the TD, and using the child table to set the bgcolor... (uck)...

I will include the many class names in the next version...
Old 12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

To do it the way you've done it so far, you WOULD need multiple combinations for classes to combine your border color control with your background color control. And if you did it that way, the permutations for the combinations would be massive for your .css file.

Here's the key of how I would implement it differently. You use one table entry for each cell value, and use the automatic "border-color" with class definitions. This is where I think you meant <table> in <table> in your last post to achieve more complex things.

I would make each cell value NINE entries in your single <table>, in a 3x3 matrix. The center square would be equivalent to your current "data" value, and make the rest of the values would be empty data with a border color definition. With this, you can make dedicated classes for the EPG data table easier and combine them as you please, with the work being done by the your generator instead of by the .css file.

This would also make the .css file very readable, as you can have classes in the border color realm (border_normal, border_manual, border_watched), the background color (back_normal, back_hover, back_sports), and have them easily expandable. By just adding classes for each, they are accessible to the generator without any extra work.

This way would also make the entire center data cell available as a <a> tag to click, to highlight the entire cell contents on click, and more flexibility to maintain any changes/additions. (I'd also turn off the underline text for the <a> tag if/when you can highlight the entire cell, to make it cleaner and more like the native SageTV.)

Anyway, time to take the boy to Grandma's house for play / dinner. I'll probably check back in later tonight before I have to return to my "real world" things...

The more I look at this, the more impressed I am with the architecture. Wish Studio was available to play, because if you have access to this much of the wiz.bin data, I can think of tons of neat features you can add in general.

Hope you see this as constructive and helpful, N.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Any luck on figuring out why files over 1.2GB can't be downloaded from the web server into another PC?

Thanks,

Stacy
Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry Stacy, I was distracted by my Sage server blowing it's PSU!

I had a quick look, and it seemed to work for me (Opera/WXp)...
Are you sure that the .mpg file is 3Gb, (and not split at all into multiple files)

The next question is which browser/OS are you using for the download: the browser itself may be having integer overflow issues (the file length is passed in the HTTP response header...), or the tiarget filesystem may not be able to handle large (>2Gb) files..

A quick test for me on Win2K/NTFS for a 3.8Gb file results in:
  • IE6 Sp1: fails half the time (creates 0-byte file), the other half the time it is unable to display progress but does download the full file
  • Firefox 1.0: unable to display progress but does download the file.. except that when it gets to 2Gb, it goes a bit crazy and starts counting down from -2Gb. File is downloaded OK though
  • Opera 7.54: works fine with correct progress bar
Score 1 for Opera
Old 12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my server to serve up the videos I have recorded! Maybe somebody can tighten the obviously loose screw in my head!

I have all my recorded videos on drive e: in the following actual directory
E:\TV

That same folder is shared as:
\\server\TV

How can I get the Webserver to link the video's in the E:\TV folder correctly?

My current paths.properties file has the following:
e:\TV\=http:/video/

My current aliases.properties has the following
from=/;dir=webroot
from=/video/;dir=e:\TV\

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Sage Expert

nielm,

WOW. I finally got some time to try this and I can't believe how easy you made this.

Literally within minutes, I had it up and running. I checked it at work, and it's smooth as silk.

Now I can go on vacation and not worry if I forgot to set something up to record

Thanks so much for all of your efforts.

Sam

Old 12-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry Stacy, I was distracted by my Sage server blowing it's PSU!

I had a quick look, and it seemed to work for me (Opera/WXp)...
Are you sure that the .mpg file is 3Gb, (and not split at all into multiple files)

The next question is which browser/OS are you using for the download: the browser itself may be having integer overflow issues (the file length is passed in the HTTP response header...), or the tiarget filesystem may not be able to handle large (>2Gb) files..

A quick test for me on Win2K/NTFS for a 3.8Gb file results in:
  • IE6 Sp1: fails half the time (creates 0-byte file), the other half the time it is unable to display progress but does download the full file
  • Firefox 1.0: unable to display progress but does download the file.. except that when it gets to 2Gb, it goes a bit crazy and starts counting down from -2Gb. File is downloaded OK though
  • Opera 7.54: works fine with correct progress bar
Score 1 for Opera
That's Microsoft for ya! Guess which one I'm using..... IE..... And you got it.... makes a 0-byte file.

Sorry about your system.... Yikes! Been there.... swore at that :-)

So, you know of any cool little (free) FTP servers that I can tack on to your system?

Stacy
Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Sage Icon

nielm, this is a great add-on. Nice work

I get a 7 byte file when I try to download both a 1GB and a 2GB file. Those are the only two sizes I have tried. I attached my config and log files and the mpg that is downloaded.

I'm using Firefox 1.0 on a Windows XP SP2 client. My Sage server is Win2K SP4. The Web server is version 1.1.

When I try it in IE 6 I have to right click and choose "Save Target As..." in order to save the file. It also is a 7 byte file but the Save dialog defaults it to an .htm extension. When I hover over the link, the URL in the status bar ends in .mpg. Weird.

This isn't critical to me yet but I thought you might want to know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip downloaderror.zip (1.2 KB, 548 views)
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen
I get a 7 byte file when I try to download both a 1GB and a 2GB file. Those are the only two sizes I have tried. I attached my config and log files and the mpg that is downloaded.
The log file is reporting that it looks like an HTTP request when you are using HTTPS...

It could be that you are using http links in your paths.properties file!

Some users have reported problems with Firefox, SSL, and using localhost (http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...8&postcount=92)

I did the download tests with normal HTTP.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Can somebody glance at these settings and let me know if you see anything obviously wrong with them? I've tried just about every combo I could think of but all I see in my detailed view is the file path, no download links.. Thanks all!

I have all my recorded videos on drive e: in the following actual directory
E:\TV

That same folder is shared as:
\\server\TV

How can I get the Webserver to link the video's in the E:\TV folder correctly?

My current aliases.properties has the following
from=/;dir=webroot
from=/video/;dir=e:\TV\

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
all I see in my detailed view is the file path, no download links..

If you are not seeing links then it is most likely that your video file path does not match the entry in paths.properties...
The part before the = in paths.properties must exactly match the first part of the video file path as shown in the detailed info screen.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If you are not seeing links then it is most likely that your video file path does not match the entry in paths.properties...
The part before the = in paths.properties must exactly match the first part of the video file path as shown in the detailed info screen.
That fixed it.. if I reference using the UNC //server/tv/ it now does what it is supposed to do!

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Hi everyone,

Wow, this web browser is awesome! I'mhaving one problem with it that sounds similar to Stuntman's, but I'm not sure. I've got a bunch of recorded shows that I've archived and via SageTV I access them via Media Library & DVD -> Archived Shows Recorded with SageTV. Should I be able to see these via the web browser? Or will I only be able to see things stored in SageTV Recordings?

If I should be able to see them, I'm not sure why I can't. If the web browser isn't designed to look into the archived list, that's cool. Along that line, then, is there a way in SageTV that I can move an archived show BACK into the SageTV Recordings area?

Thanks!

-Gary
Old 12-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The log file is reporting that it looks like an HTTP request when you are using HTTPS...

It could be that you are using http links in your paths.properties file!

Some users have reported problems with Firefox, SSL, and using localhost (http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...8&postcount=92)

I did the download tests with normal HTTP.
Well that was easy enough, sorry for wasting your time on that one You'd think it would complain about not being able to connect rather than download a small file.

Firefox correctly reported the file size of a 1GB file, but for a 3GB file it says "unknown file size." Both play correctly from beginning to end with Windows Media Player 10.

One thing to consider: The text next to the filename says [http], not [https].

Thanks for the tip on Firefox. I had that same problem but my TLS 1.0 was checked. I clicked OK on the Options and it worked after that.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprichardson1
Or will I only be able to see things stored in SageTV Recordings?

If the web browser isn't designed to look into the archived list, that's cool.
The web server only displays what you would see in Sage Recordings, so archived shows are filtered out...

If you have mapped your video directory to a webserver path, just browsing to the directory http://localhost:8080/videos/ will give you a list of all filenames in the video directory (a messy solution but it will work).

I don't know how to un-archive files -- there is no option in SageTV to do this, but IIRC, some users have had success in un-archiving them when they moved the files do a different video directory (following the procedure in the FAQ).
Take care when doing this, as there is the possibility that you will lose the show information for the files and they will appear in the imported video files (but moving the file back, and restoring the wiz.bin should recover the info)...
Old 12-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage User

Hi Nielm,

Thanks for the info Re: archived shows. I guess I'll just have to re-think where I keep shows from now on.

'nother quick question. In the web interface, if I click on the details of a show from the Program Guide, one piece of info that's missing that'd be a big help is Original Air Date. Basically, that'd tell me if the show is a new show or a repeat. For example, there are two CSI shows on Thu. night on CBS - one at 8pm and the other at 9pm. Can't tell if either or both are new or repeats. It'd be great if that extra bit of info could be included in the show description.

Thanks,

-Gary

Tags
web