SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Sage User

Upcoming Recordings -> RSS

I have some issues with Upcoming Recordings -> RSS. If I am not watching live TV or recording it works. When I am recording or watching live tv I get the errors below. Searched all over the forums but found nothing mentioned.

Exception while generating RSS:
viecili.jrss.generator.elem.InvalidRequiredParamException: type required: null
at viecili.jrss.generator.elem.Item$Enclosure.(Item.java:241)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.AddShowsToChannel(RssServlet.java:158)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.doServletGet(RssServlet.java:48)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I realize it is transcoding it realtime but is there a way for VLC to calculate video length and to accept video position changes? Right now VLC is streaming the video as if it were a live stream and so navigation is disabled. I'm not very knowledgeable about VLC and its capabilities to know if it's even possible. However this would be a nice feature addition if it is indeed possible.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Also, I've noticed that VLC doesn't transcode 5.1ch ac3 very well if only the center channel is active. Seems like all the audio ends up in the left channel and sounds terrible.

Edit: It might be that the audio is changing the number of channels mid-stream. I've also noticed that if you pause your player for too long that VLC stops transcoding.

Last edited by Taddeusz; 10-14-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
With the latest STV for Sage in place, we can now decide whether our video conversions are DELETED when the conversion to another video format is complete. Before this, you were limited to "replace existing video" - not an option if you're choosing a different location.

Any idea if there are plans to modify the web interface to allow this as well? I use the WebUI more than anything inside Sage itself because it's very clean and intuitive.

I am sure that others (once they realize this is an option in the Sage STV now) will also LOVE to see this update... I know it's been a long time since this great plugin was created - hard to improve on perfection, but this seems like the next step...
I haven't loaded the new STV yet. I'll put it on the todo list and see what it will take to add it. I use the video conversions in the web server so that improves the odds that I'll add it
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulaman View Post
I have some issues with Upcoming Recordings -> RSS. If I am not watching live TV or recording it works. When I am recording or watching live tv I get the errors below. Searched all over the forums but found nothing mentioned.

Exception while generating RSS:
at viecili.jrss.generator.elem.Item$Enclosure.(Item.java:241)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.AddShowsToChannel(RssServlet.java:158)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.doServletGet(RssServlet.java:48)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Make sure you're running version 1.6 of the Jetty plugin. I think you need the enhanced support for mime types that was added in 1.6.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

add new favorite by title

I've had an issue for a while now that if I click to add a new favorite by title, or I search the EPG, it will only show/find part of the shows. But if I manually scroll through the program guide, I will clearly see the show there and can add it from there.

Why don't the other screens search the entire guide properly?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Request

I must say SageTV Web Interface is one of the best add-ons available to the Sage community – THANKS to all who have taken the time to write it. With this and the comskip program makes SageTV a five nines solution to watching television.

While this is my first post (I’ve not needed anything in the past) I have been a SageTV user for many years. Like many I have bounced between others and always come back to SageTV.

I have a question about the SageTV Web Interface and if it can be customized by the end user who has almost no programming ability. Hopefully this has not been discussed previously and if so I apologize in advance – I did look. I looked for more robust documentation but about all I can find is how to install.

What I am looking for is to see in the program guide in list view and enabling the show (movie) description is to see the release date and the genre listed also. It could be by option or default – I don’t care either way. There are a couple of genres I do not care for and I don’t enjoy movies produced before 1950 except for some real classics and would like to be able to exclude them at a glance instead of opening listing. Yes, lazy… I assume this is available via the category field as it does show up on the full page listing of the program (movie).

I’ve looked at some of the webserver directories but nothing hits me up side the head…

Thanks

Jim Brandon
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Sage Expert

Has anyone tried to access the web interface with a Palm pre? I recently switched from an iPhone to a Palm Pre - never had any problems with the iPhone, but with the Pre for some reason I can't get past the login screen. There's a username/password popup, but when I enter the info, it just pops the same login screen up again, as if the info's not correct. But using the same login info on the iPhone works as it should.

Any ideas are appreciated!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question

i found that web interface not show all "Currently Watching" on all extenders.
i found some it's never show at all, some sometimes, some always...
why?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you meaning extenders, or clients? I don't believe it has information for clients, as that info is all pretty much contained on the client itself (you CAN also install the webserver on the client to obtain this information, but as far as i know, it won't consolidate it all together). Placeshifter and Extender data is all on the server, and therefore, those are the items that are visible on the server's web plugin.

FEATURE REQUEST: (related) perhaps a configuration file that would include the client names/ports so that the server's web-server could consolidate information from client webserver plugins?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question

i means both, i have 3 of hd100, 2 of hd200, and 3 clients...

in the list:

i see hd100 extenders (son room, kitchen)
i never saw hd200 extender (master and HT)
i see client of guest room, but not the girl room.

ps: i run latest version of web server interface.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error installing on WHS

I just moved from my old XP box to WHS (Im a total WHS Noob...). I kinda assumed that the WHS addin would incorporate a Sage UI but obviously thats not the case. So I really want to get the webserver up and running. However, during install the app is throwing error messages:

"SageTC Webserver Plugin Setup
Failed to get property:
nielm/webserver/port
from
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties
error --"

The installer throws this error twice then moves on to the screen to set the ports..which i do...I THEN get 2 consecutive error messages re: failing to modify sage.properties

When i try connecting to test using localhost I cannot connect on the WHS nor my other local clients (Internet Explorer states that it cannot connect to this webpage...).

I have no idea what this means nor where to start -- any help?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Scriber - are you shutting down the Sage Service prior to trying to install the webserver? You need to do this from the WHS console window before installing the webserver.

PS - it installed and runs just fine on my WHS Sage machine. So it will work - we just have to find out what is going wrong.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriber View Post
I had this problem

"SageTC Webserver Plugin Setup
Failed to get property:
nielm/webserver/port
from
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties
error --"
I had this problem myself and I think it may have something to do with some slight difference in WHS. If I remember correctly I had to manually update something in the Sage.properties file as the plugin setup could not do it automatically. I think what I did is just copied in the lines that were required for this plugin manually from my previous Sage install. If you still have your old sage.properties file then you can just do that. Search for "nielm" in Notepad. You may also have to change the line for the load at startup which is near the top of Sage.properties.

But I would suggest that you use the new version of the web server that runs on Jetty - then you should not have this problem. Check out this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44680
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Scriber - are you shutting down the Sage Service prior to trying to install the webserver? You need to do this from the WHS console window before installing the webserver.

PS - it installed and runs just fine on my WHS Sage machine. So it will work - we just have to find out what is going wrong.
Sure did - tried multiple times...at least I know it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I had this problem myself and I think it may have something to do with some slight difference in WHS. If I remember correctly I had to manually update something in the Sage.properties file as the plugin setup could not do it automatically. I think what I did is just copied in the lines that were required for this plugin manually from my previous Sage install. If you still have your old sage.properties file then you can just do that. Search for "nielm" in Notepad. You may also have to change the line for the load at startup which is near the top of Sage.properties.

But I would suggest that you use the new version of the web server that runs on Jetty - then you should not have this problem. Check out this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44680

I might be able to try that if all else fails.

Looked at the Jetty thread and not having even heard of Jetty, the install procedure might be beyond me. I might add a "help me" post in that thread tho. thx.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Streaming has stopped working

I have had this working for years but over the last few weeks, I've done a fresh install of SageTV as part of a hardware upgrade. I've installed the latest Web User plugin and the latest VLC. The first attempt at streaming after a SageTV service restart works ok but subsequent attempts fail file 'File not found' on the client. The web log on the server appears to be OK
Code:
[Mon Dec 07 21:40:05 GMT 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: MediaFileTranscodeServlet.doServletGet(): Retrieveing Airing Info
[Mon Dec 07 21:40:05 GMT 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: doServletGet(): Retrieveing transcoding parameters
[Mon Dec 07 21:40:05 GMT 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: doServletGet(): File to play: \\DEEPTHOUGHT\SageCap\TopGear-8442933-0.mpg
[Mon Dec 07 21:40:05 GMT 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: doServletGet(): Starting the transcode process.
[Mon Dec 07 21:40:05 GMT 2009] OS: Windows XP
Is anyone else using VLC vs 1.0.3 GoldenEye?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
I have had this working for years but over the last few weeks, I've done a fresh install of SageTV as part of a hardware upgrade. I've installed the latest Web User plugin and the latest VLC.
ive heard there are issues with VLC 1.x ... try 0.99 or 0.98
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Now running 0.98a and everything is back to normal.

It was a bit messy because the other version wouldn't un-install because there were still a few vlc.exe still running!

Also, did you know that the settings on core player mobile had a special little tick box that disabled network playing? It got ticked some how and took me a while to find it
Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
BINGO -- nothing was written to Sage.properties so fixed w/a simple C&P of the nielm\webserver\ entries and the startup line from my old server. Apparently, the installer has issues w/WHS. Thx.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Play playlist on an extender using web server?

Hi,

I didn't see this in any of the enhancement list or feature list but can I play a playlist on an extender using the webserver customization? I have:

V2.22 21 Dec 2007

Regards,
FM

Tags
web