SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Sage Expert

Can't watch in webbrowser

Hey guys, I've got V2.25 installed on my server with VLC 1.0.3 running Win7. I am able to watch stream transcoded video on a client pc when I open in an external player (VLC) but I am unable to get it to play using the embedded player with controls. All I get is 'Waiting on Video' when I try the embedded player.

I am running Firefox 3.5.7 with the VLC plugin installed on an XP machine. Do I need to open any ports to get the embedded stream to talk to my client pc located outside of my home network?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Play on Extender issues

Folks,
Thanks for the help earlier on naming my extenders, now I am hitting my next issue. I am trying to set up a System so that my wife, or 3 year old, can go to a web page of DVD covers and click on them to get them to play on a sage hd extender.

I have a CGI written to turn the home theater on the right inputs for my SageHD extender, and the video plays, but always starts in either paused mode (the pop-up Resume, Restart, Stop) or starts in the lower left corner video if something else is playing.

Any ideas on how i can force play the selected video?

-Sam
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage User

Are you ever planning to add the import folder code I sent you last year? I'd like to upgrade my web server and don't want to have to keep changing the code to allow this.

Would be a great feature to add as a part of the import xml feature.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadend5001 View Post
Are you ever planning to add the import folder code I sent you last year? I'd like to upgrade my web server and don't want to have to keep changing the code to allow this.

Would be a great feature to add as a part of the import xml feature.
Sorry about that, I must have forgotten about it. Could you send the code again?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Sorry about that, I must have forgotten about it. Could you send the code again?
How would you like the code submitted? I emailed it to a markwick.edu email account twice last year. Maybe it was the wrong address =/
Old 01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadend5001 View Post
How would you like the code submitted? I emailed it to a markwick.edu email account twice last year. Maybe it was the wrong address =/
That's why I don't remember, you sent it to nielm He's no longer active on this project. PM me and I'll give you my email address.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
Hey guys, I've got V2.25 installed on my server with VLC 1.0.3 running Win7. I am able to watch stream transcoded video on a client pc when I open in an external player (VLC) but I am unable to get it to play using the embedded player with controls. All I get is 'Waiting on Video' when I try the embedded player.

I am running Firefox 3.5.7 with the VLC plugin installed on an XP machine. Do I need to open any ports to get the embedded stream to talk to my client pc located outside of my home network?
Am I the only one having this problem?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Have you seen this?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2396
Old 01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.9.8a but it still just says 'Waiting for Video' . I know that some sort of streaming is working because clicking on the 'Play in external player' link opens the standalone VLC on my client pc and the video starts playing.

Last edited by dinki; 01-12-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 01-12-2010, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The concept of VLC is great and it works fine for watching video files but I find that when I try to use VLC for stuff like streaming video files or watching video from firewire on my STB that VLC can be very buggy. Probably 90%+ of the BSODs that I have seen in the last five years have come from VLC. Maybe it is because the program is too ambitious or maybe it was initially written for Linux and not properly ported to Windows but it is so unstable in some ways that I am extermely leery of it.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

And don't pause your playback for too long. Once the buffer fills up the connection gets dropped and cannot be re-established.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Does this Webserver work with SageTV 6.2?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

yes. It is even titles Plugin: Web User Interface for SageTV 2.2-6.6...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
yes. It is even titles Plugin: Web User Interface for SageTV 2.2-6.6...

The first page also says and I quote "Web based User Interface for SageTV 2.2->6.5"

So it's contradicting. Someone should correct that.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
The first page also says and I quote "Web based User Interface for SageTV 2.2->6.5"

So it's contradicting. Someone should correct that.
Probably true, but the original author has been gone for almost a year now, so making edits to his post are not all that easy (would take a moderator to do). Either way, the answer to you question is, yes, it will work.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

I uploaded v 2.26 snapshot 46 to SourceForge. I still have a few more things I'd like to add before officially releasing 2.26 but this way you can get the latest code if you're waiting for something.
  • Add system messages and system alert level to XML generator. Add xml link to System Messages page.
  • Clean up all missing links to conflict icons and incorrect tooltips
  • Add original airing date to the list of sorting options for search results and recordings list
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage User

Spammers on Wiki

Just an FYI - the Wiki seems to have been hit by spammers. Unless of course folks are adding free airline tickets (http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...rCustomisation) or pharmaceuticals to the WebServer in the near future (http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/report/1).
Old 01-26-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Probably true, but the original author has been gone for almost a year now, so making edits to his post are not all that easy (would take a moderator to do). Either way, the answer to you question is, yes, it will work.
I updated the 1st post to make the thread title and area that joe123 pointed out consistant. I make no promises I'll notice to do updates in the future, just trying to help out Andy(Opus4) a little.

If jreichen, would like some other changes made feel free to PM me. I just picked jreichen, as he seems to be the active person on this project, from my short read of recent posts. I apologize if this is wrong, but I don't currently use this app. Just saw this and tried to help out. Just keep in mind I'm not as active as I used to be, so it may not happen immediately.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey View Post
Just an FYI - the Wiki seems to have been hit by spammers. Unless of course folks are adding free airline tickets (http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...rCustomisation) or pharmaceuticals to the WebServer in the near future (http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/report/1).
Thanks for the heads up. That's happened several times recently. This time it's looks like they locked it down, I can't edit the pages. I might have to find a new location for the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
I updated the 1st post to make the thread title and area that joe123 pointed out consistant. I make no promises I'll notice to do updates in the future, just trying to help out Andy(Opus4) a little.

If jreichen, would like some other changes made feel free to PM me. I just picked jreichen, as he seems to be the active person on this project, from my short read of recent posts. I apologize if this is wrong, but I don't currently use this app. Just saw this and tried to help out. Just keep in mind I'm not as active as I used to be, so it may not happen immediately.
Thanks, justme. I'm probably the best one to pick out. It looks good right now and with the new forum for customization announcements we should be able to remove the references in the future.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Sage Icon

Three feature requests

The SageTV web interface works great. I have three suggestions to make it better.

The "Sage Recordings" is a great page. Unfortunately the "Media Library" section does not have a similar page, it only has searching pages. Could a "Sage Library" page similar to the "Sage Recordings" page be added to the "Medial Library" section?

The "Sage Recordings" page has many helpful icons such as first run, HD, watched, ratings, don't like, and archived. However, it does not have CS for Comskip. Could an icon for Comskip be added to the "Sage Recordings" page and the "Sage Library" page mentioned above when the files have been processed with Comskip (or ShowAnalyzer)?

When clicking on files, then selecting "Delete file", then "Execute", another screen is displayed to confirm the deletion. Could there be a setting added so the confirmation is not needed? Then when "Execute" is clicked, the files are deleted immediately. When deleting the files, could the Comskip files also be deleted at the same time?

Dave

Tags
web