SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I started the debug and then tried to start the web interface 3 times and these are the only errors I found using the find, but I do not know what they are. I did have my clients off at the time of this log file
Thanks
Wayne
Wed 3/3 22:49:44.624 [ConnRecvQueue@1a601b0] Error communicating with server:java.io.EOFException
Wed 3/3 22:49:45.065 [KeepAlive@1331ce6] Error with c/s comm:java.lang.NullPointerException
Wed 3/3 22:49:49.088 [SageTVMiniDiscoveryServer@cf393] Error w/SageTV client connection:java.net.SocketException: socket
Wed 3/3 22:49:49.088 [MiniTftp@17f92da] MiniError-2:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Wed 3/3 22:49:49.088 [MiniMVP@93f40f] MiniError-1:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Wed 3/3 22:49:49.089 [MiniBootp@197e57c] MiniError-3:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Wed 3/3 22:49:49.338 [Thread-9@16b99ca] Error calling finishWatch from VF goodbye:java.lang.NullPointerException
Wed 3/3 22:49:50.295 [Thread-9@16b99ca] Error calling finishWatch from VF goodbye:java.lang.NullPointerException
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's

Last edited by Doubledose; 03-03-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Those aren't related to the web interface. Maybe we should back up a little. Which file did you download? What does your startup line look like, and did you have Sage shut down when you edited that line in the properties file?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I downloade saagewebserversetup_2_25 and followed these instructions http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...bserverInstall and I looked in the properties file for net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer and it is in there. Yes I did shut sage down and the service down. I also uninstalled it as per the instructions on the install page and shut down the computer and stopped the services and sage after reboot and tried to reinstall again with the same results. My startup line looks like <http://localhost:8080/sage/Home> I did leave the user as sage and changed the password in the setup box to sage. I also tried a diferent port number with the same results
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 03-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have different ways of getting to Webserver, depending on whether I'm using the server computer, another computer on my LAN, or a remote computer over the internet. For my LAN, I use: http://servercomputername:8080/sage/Home/. Over the internet I use instead: http://myip:redirectedport/sage/Home. I hve 8080 patched to a different port using my router's setup, and use one of the dns services that I found out about in some of the docs to get me to the right ip address, since I don't have a static IP address. Getting all of that set up correctly took some tinkering, but it works great (except that I can't stream video over the internet).
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
I downloade saagewebserversetup_2_25 and followed these instructions http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...bserverInstall and I looked in the properties file for net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer and it is in there. Yes I did shut sage down and the service down. I also uninstalled it as per the instructions on the install page and shut down the computer and stopped the services and sage after reboot and tried to reinstall again with the same results. My startup line looks like <http://localhost:8080/sage/Home> I did leave the user as sage and changed the password in the setup box to sage. I also tried a diferent port number with the same results
Thanks
Wayne
Can you post your sagetv_0.txt file? If you would prefer to send it directly to me, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Also take a look at the latest file in the webserver/logs folder. It records all web server requests. Make sure the requests are coming through and that there aren't any errors.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for emailing your log. From what I can tell the web server is starting properly. Let's try the default login credentials and see if those work.

Back up your realms.properties file then create a new realms.properties file with this as the only line then restart SageTV.
Code:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,sage:frey
This is the default and says "for any path that starts with '/sage' grant access to the user who logs in with user name 'sage' and password 'frey'".

Try logging in as sage/frey.
If that doesn't work, please email me the latest AWS* log from the webserver/log folder.
, Java 1.6.

Last edited by jreichen; 03-05-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Fix font size.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Thanks for emailing your log. From what I can tell the web server is starting properly. Let's try the default login credentials and see if those work.

Back up your realms.properties file then create a new realms.properties file with this as the only line then restart SageTV.
Code:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,sage:frey
This is the default and says "for any path that starts with '/sage' grant access to the user who logs in with user name 'sage' and password 'frey'".

Try logging in as sage/frey.

If that doesn't work, please email me the latest AWS* log from the webserver/log folder.
Holy cr*p that's a big font! I don't know if I'm deaf or blind now.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Whoa. I pasted that in and it looked normal in Firefox but I see how big it is in Chrome. Gotta love browser standards.
, Java 1.6.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

jreichen
I created a new file and put only that line of text in there and it worked. So my old file had a bunch of lines in the file. Do I need to add any of these other lines back in or just use this file with the 1 line in it I just created. I don't know what all this file controls. See below for what all was in this file. Also being a new user of sage I appreciate the help.
Thanks
Wayne

# Username/passwords for protected web pages
# Format:
# Prompt=/path,userassword
# multiple users/passwords can be given for the same prompt/path
#

# Example customsation
# The following lines protect pages that perform actions
# with different username/password, giving 2 levels of
# priviledge: read-only and read-write
#
# these must be put before the top level user/password for them
# to take effect.
#
# replace writenly with a usernameassword of your choice
# you can also add this usernameassword as a top level password (below) so that
# it can also be used for read-only actions.
#
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/GlobalCommand,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,writenly
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,writenly

# top level userassword
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,test:test

# note that there is now a url defined in servlets.properties
# defined as /sagepublic/MediaFile
# this should be left unprotected to allow media players to play
# files without specifying a username/password.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Sage Icon

No problem. I'm glad you got it working.

Your file will work fine if you enter 'test' for both the username and password when prompted by the browser. Any line that begins with a '#' is a comment and has no effect.
, Java 1.6.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Sage Icon

The Web server is a great application, but it is missing Comskip icons. Is there any way that Comskip "CS" icons could be added?

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web browser logos.JPG (3.6 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg comskip icon.JPG (1.1 KB, 236 views)
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'd be happy to get CS and HD to show in the program guide and the recoreded shows.

Jim Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
The Web server is a great application, but it is missing Comskip icons. Is there any way that Comskip "CS" icons could be added?

Dave
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
I'd be happy to get CS and HD to show in the program guide and the recoreded shows.

Jim Brandon
HD icon does show in the web server now. CS is the only icon that I know of that does not display. I took the screenshots in the prevous post in the original SageTV STV interface on my SageTV computer, which shows the CS icon. The CS icons also display in the HD-200 interface.

I don't know if any other icons are missing from the web server, other than the CS icon.

Dave
Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

The reason for it missing is it isn't a sage property.. It's something the STVi adds by looking for the existance of the edl or txt file. All the icons available in the web server are those that are properties of the mediafile itself, like HD, First run, etc.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

When i've got a video paused or viewing on an hd-200 extender and i go to the web interface, i have the option to stop playback.
It typically takes 3 or 4 clicks of this before the playback actually stops.
Not a big deal, just a curiosity. Sometimes i leave a show paused on a unit, finish it elsewhere, and then stop it from the web browser so it can be deleted.
1x HDHR (dual tuner) <- Verizon wire
3x HD200 wired latest beta fw
Gig-E wired network
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to issue an HTTP request to play a specific movie file on the hard drive? I am considering replacing all my TheaterTek clients with SageTV Clients - my touch screen interface I use is Main Lobby from Cinemar - my thought is to easily make the migration by changing the playfile command in the cinemar product to issue an http request to the appropriate SageTV client instead of theatertek to play the selected movie (I will have the complete path to the ifo file on my hard drive). Also, it would allow me to start watching BR movies too! (Theater Tek doesn't support this).

Something like:

http://{server_hostname}:{server_port}/sage/SageCommand?context={sage_ui_context_id}&command=PlayMovie&file={filename}

Then, over time, I can expose the SageTV interface on the TV as TheterTek will now be replaced with Sage and enhance the user experience on that HTPC - but that move will take a lot more time - I can quickly make the move to step 1 quickly if I can find a way to post an http request to play a specific movie.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've spent hours trying to track down what the color-coded borders in the recording schedule means. Post #205, buried in this long thread, references (I think) the coding of these colors. Other than trying to interpret the CSS file (if I'm on the right track), is there a better way to A) know what the color-coded borders mean B) modify the colors?

Also, what kind of show attributes can be used to color coded? Even archived (or not), compressed (or not), Favorite (or not), etc.?

Last edited by BKeadle; 04-16-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeadle View Post
I've spent hours trying to track down what the color-coded borders in the recording schedule means. Post #205, buried in this long thread, references (I think) the coding of these colors. Other than trying to interpret the CSS file (if I'm on the right track), is there a better way to A) know what the color-coded borders mean B) modify the colors?

Also, what kind of show attributes can be used to color coded? Even archived (or not), compressed (or not), Favorite (or not), etc.?
Same as it is in SageTV.

White = Favorite recordings
Red = Manual recordings
Yellow = Current recordings
Grey = Archived recordings

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks again for your work on this.

I installed 2.26 build 50 and I noticed that the upcoming movies rss works. I am now having an issue with the recordings xml (had same issue with 2.25 hence the update to 2.26 to see if it worked):

-SageTV, Sage Recordings, XML results in: Firefox can't find the file at http://192.168.0.229:8080/sage/Recordings?xml=yes.

- SageTV, Search Recorded TV file, XML results: Firefox can't find the file at http://192.168.0.229:8080/sage/Searc...=title&xml=yes.

I have what seems to be a corrupted wiz.bin due to crashes and reboots due to a bad memory stick and was hoping to use the xml functions to try to rebuild it so that I can get stuff where they belong.

I have tried on two computers, the server itself and another connected to the same network with the same results. All the other XML relevant to my situation worked: XML, individual imported categories, etc.

Another thing that may have been mentioned before, the about still shows at 2.25 but I am almost certain that I am running 2.26 because of the movies rss fix.

Thanks.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Same as it is in SageTV.

White = Favorite recordings
Red = Manual recordings
Yellow = Current recordings
Grey = Archived recordings
Thanks Mayamaniac. I didn't realize those were also the colors in SageTV. How would/should I have known that? Did I overlook something?

Tags
web