SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Honestly you should really use port 443 instead of 80. 443 is the default SSL port. When you type the web address you won't need to specify a port but you will have to use HTTPS:// not HTTP://.

Line looks fine to me...remember there is one other location to specifiy your port number.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

ARRGGG

It still will not work. I'm quite sure I'm missing something!

From the top:

I followed neilm's instructions to the letter:

keytool -genkey -keypass 123456 -storepass 123456
---except I substituted 123456 for, let's say, stacypassword. I used stacypassword both times.

The file was stored in my c:\documents and settings\mediaserver directory.

So far so good, right?

Then I modified the sage.properties file as follows:

changed:
nielm/webserver/use_ssl=true
nielm/webserver/port=443
nielm/webserver/ssl_args=-keystorePass stacypassword -port 443

Now, when I am on the LOCAL machine, I type any of the following at it will not work (understand, this worked great without SSL)

https://localhost/sage/Home
https://localhost:443/sage/Home
https://localhost/sage
https://localhost:443/sage/Home

I'm running out of ideas? Anything have spaces where it shouldn't be????

Stacy

Last edited by srothwell; 01-08-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

one more thing.....

when I normally have SSL off and use port 80, if I look at netstat, I will see a http port listening.

However, when I have it SSL on, and the port to 443 or 8443 for that matter, I no longer see the http port (as expected) but I also don't see a https port or the port number anywhere in netstat

Stacy
Old 01-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Check your webserver logs. There should be errors listed. What are those errors? This is how I solved my problem.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Sage User

srothwell,

I was just having the same issue as you, and I just got it working.
I found that if I have a port defined in both the "nielm/webserver/port=" line and in "nielm/webserver/ssl_args=" it would not work.

So I just defined the port (443) in "nielm/webserver/port=443" and left the "nielm/webserver/ssl_args=" blank. Now it works!

Good Luck..
Old 01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Now Watching!!

Am I wrong or at one time I swear the index page would display what Sage was watching now then underneath what is being recorded. Now it does not. Also when I would choose a program from the guide and it was avaiable now, one of the choices was to Watch Now, no longer available. Did I lose something here??

BTW I use this to remotely change stations to be viewed on TV sets around the house, would sure like it back.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:24 AM
SageTVaholic

sounds like you are now using service mode: the service does not know what the clients are watching, nor can it remotely start playback... You need to add a webserver plugin in the sageclient.properties as well running on a different port to control the clients
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Nielm .. that was it. Turned off Sevice and it is back the way I like it. Now can I ask for your help to set it up so I can still use Service and have the options the same?

You say to add a webserver plug in??? and then run on different port. Run what (the plug in?) on different port? What plug in?

Thanks for great Sage plug in and your patience.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

add the webserver to your sageclient.properties in the same way as in the sage.properties...
See the last 3 paragraphs of the installation page:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall

Last edited by nielm; 01-06-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Nielm .. that did it. Confusing since I did not purchase or use Client, but that is why you guys and gals are the experts
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
Confusing since I did not purchase or use Client
Just so you know... if you are using the service, the UI part gets its properties from sageclient.properties. See p. 15 (and vicinity) of the v2.1 manual regarding the service, UI, changing properties, & so on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Is there any possibility of getting the complete set of recoding settings as found in the SageMC STV?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Also, it seems that with the service install it is random wether or not I even get the recod option under the EPG view. How do I fix this?

Thanks for your work BTW, this is a definate "need to be included" with Sage.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

The record option will only be visible for programs that have not yet finished...
It does have all the available options for single recordings (padding/quality)...
The MCE STV mixes the options for single recordings and favourites (series recordings), and the webserver does not do favourites, so you cannot schedule a series recording.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

YEAH! I got SSL working!

Atari52oo was correct. If you enter the ports in both places, it will not work.

My question now is.........

Is there a way with this plugin that I can only make the sage interface use SSL and anything else not require it?

I've seen countless websites that you don't have to type in https, but it will re-direct you to the secure page.

I've gotten use to using the sage webserver as a webserver for samily members to get pictures and such. Of course, as soon as I installed SSL for Sage, now people have to type that much more "stuff" in the front of the address (i.e. used to be: www.website.com, now it's https://www.website.com).

Any way I can have my cake and eat it too?

Thanks,

Stacy
Old 01-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
100 result search limit for movies?

Hi
I'm new to sage and the webserver, but so far I like what I see!

When doing a search, for example the upcoming movies search, I am limited to 100 results. For example, it says "Found at least 101 matching airings in DB (only showing first 100)"

Is there any way to adjust this limit? Perhaps a good way would be to allow an offset for where to start search from, like the EPG has? I tried using startdate/starthr on the search, but it didn't work.

The reason I'd like this feature is because I like to sit down every so often and go through every movie listing for the next 2 weeks and pick a few to record. For a 12 hour chunk of time, the web interface comes back with 80 movies, so the 100 result limit is pretty small. On the sage interface, with 1000+ movie titles to look through and only 5 displayed per page, this can take a little while. Using the web interface would be really great.

If there were a startdate/starthr offset, then it would be a small task to add a "view next 100 results" link at the bottom of the page, where it basically re-runs the search, but with an offset time that is the same as the starttime of the 100th search result. Even if that link weren't there, at least I'd be able to add menu items for "today's movies 0-12", "today's movies 12-24", "today+1 movies 0-12p" ...

Thanks for any help!

Adam
Old 01-09-2005, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

The (long promised) next version will have pages of results in the search page!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
nielm - Thanks!

Your work on the web interface is very impressive, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll like this feature. Thanks for all your work!

After wrestling with mythTv and linux for a few months, I'm trying out sage, and so far I'm loving it - until I found the web interface and commercial skip features, I wasn't sure I'd be willing to switch.
Adam
Old 01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage User

most of the people here are pretty clever, I know I am but this,this is fantastic pal.
Just spent an hour setting it all up. only hitch I had was modding the sage properties file for some reason it was taking an age to do it. all done now. Favourite added to the PDA. my wife is so happy, she can sit and setup the recordings now and not even need to be in front of the TV. man your star!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,

really like your work on this one. Not sure if this bug is reported already but I noticed something in conflict resolution. I just scheduled a manual recording which was in conflict with a favourite. The web server correctly identified the conflict but when I go to the conflicts page and I select ignore the conflict the conflict icon does not go away.
If I select cancel manual recording then the conflict icon does go away. Even with the conflict icon there it will select the manual recording over the favorite. So I think it is a cosmetic error where the conflict icon is set while actual behaviour is as expected. I tend to look at it this way: I was informed of the conflict I checked it and now I want the warning to go away as it may hide new real warnings.

Thanks again for making this available.
Jan

Tags
web