SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
Not sure if this bug is reported already but I noticed something in conflict resolution. I just scheduled a manual recording which was in conflict with a favourite. The web server correctly identified the conflict but when I go to the conflicts page and I select ignore the conflict the conflict icon does not go away.
Yep -- thats a bug!
Old 01-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Many thanks for the help. I was able to connect from work. That problem is solved.

Now, here is another issue: I think I changed some setting inadvertently. When I first installed Sage webserver, I was getting the UI and all the links worked. Now I'm getting this (see attached) and the links are all dead.

Sorry to be such a PITA.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Webserver.gif (26.3 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by bhageman; 01-14-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
http//localhost:8088/sage/Home/ =works
http://192.168.2.3:8088/sage/Home/ = works
http://192.168.2.3/sage/Home/ = works

http://[mystaticip]/sage/Home/ =connection refused
http://[mystaticip]:8088/sage/Home =connection refused
http://[mydomain.domain.org]:8088/sage/Home/ =connection refused
http://[mydomain.domain.org]:8088/sage/Home/ =connection refused
These four also didn't work using anonymizer.com

I tried 8080 initially too. I have a virtual server on port 8088 and I have updated the line in properties to 8088 (it didn't work with the default 8080 either).
[edit]Not running Sage as a service.

Any other suggestions?

Are you trying to connect to the internet address from inside your network?
Most routers running NAT will not allow your http request to come back inside from the internet. To test the internet address you must try to connect from outside your network. I test when I go in to work the next day.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:45 AM
SageTVaholic

You can also use the W3C's Validator to see if your page is accessible: http://validator.w3.org/
Old 01-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Exception while processing servlet:

Apologies if this has already been posted and resolved but I have this error message when viewing the tv guide via the web browser. Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated?

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:16)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.EpgGridServlet.doServletGet(EpgGridServlet.java:177)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:129)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1503)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1392)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of Sort of java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Return type for Sort method is not a Comparable
at sage.r.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.ae.if(Unknown Source)
... 10 more
Thanks
AJ
Old 01-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I might have broken something. I can log-in to the webserver, I see the links, and the links work, but the layout is completely messed up. It is a generic white background with no images instead of the blue background and Sage images.

I had been playing with some of the settings when this started happening, but I can't figure out what I changed to break it (yes, it was working just fine initially, my bad).

See attached screen shot. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage_webserver.jpg (70.8 KB, 334 views)
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

bhageman: you probably changed the web root directory or deleted the contents of the webserver/webroot subdirectory: the webserver cannot serve any of the static data (images, js, css etc).

zzmystique: Thats a very odd error, and not something I have seen before... All that line of code is doing is getting the channel name... I can't think of anything that could have caused it to fail like this. Do any of the other pages (TV guide list view) work?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Jeff is recommending to install Java 1.5 to perhpas solve the video stuttering problem. Do you anticipate this messing up the web server? Frankly at this point I can't give webserver up any more --- too much use!

Stacy
Old 01-20-2005, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I have never tested it with 1.5, but I don't anticipate that it will cause any problems (1.5 should be backward compatible!) ... famous last words!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you

Thank you for creating a great plugin. Also thank you too all of the people on this forum. I was able to get it to work because of the great support. My problem was the my router was using 8080 as the admin remote port. By changing this port it now works like a CHARM!!!!!
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Sage User

Just another TY!

Thanks for creating this plug-in. My setup just gets better and better everyday! You guys rock.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooms_Day
I have edited my realms.properties file so that there are two accounts one that can do what ever it wants (admin) and another that can only view whats going on (guest) but both accounts can only view whats going on. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,write:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,write:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,write:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,write:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,write:only

SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:admin

SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,read:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,read:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,read:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,read:only
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,read:only

SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:guest

I don't understand this either. could someone post an example of what it should look like.

Thanks
Mike

This is a great plugin, I was able to have it up and going through dyndns.org in an hour and a half. which is good for me.

excellent work Neilm!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

hey nielm this thing is awesome

Some questions

first a bug or maybe just a limitation of the interface the TABLES in the grids do not line up with the hours or each other ?

also HOW do edit this ? I opened the CSS file in dreamweaver and all I get is code is there a way to graphically display and edit this thing ? ideal where I can click on something graphically andhave it show me the code that represents that etc..

I am trying to make this work better my my zodiac which has a width in the browser of about 450 pixels

I want to do many things. I figured out how to ditch the background image (I connect through my bluetooth phone so I want to optimize size)

I also want to redesign the entire interface to fit properly on a 450wide pixel display (its 480 wide but some space is eaten up by the palm ststus bar and scroll bar)

some things I want to ge rid off all together

also the drop down thing does not show on the zodiac browser but now I found it. it creates a normal LINK style menu at the bottom of the page THIS is not there in the page when I view in a normal browser so I am guessing that this is how the zodiac browser interprits this menu. nice :-) I want to edit this as well and put it at the top since I only need a few things

also any way to add ability to add and interact with "favorites" I could not find any?

I tested it tonight and it worked I logged in added a show and it recorded I also logged in at the end of the sad super bowl and extended the padding to encompass simpsons (dissappointing) and American Dad (pretty cool)

worked like a charm !!!

ALSO is there a way to embed the user name and password IN the url so I do not have to enter them ? (its annoying and hard to enter text on a PDA :-)

also I found difficulty in using port 8080 remotely so I changed the port to 4895 (a range I know works I use ports around that for other things) and it worked like a charm :-)

Now I just need to optimize this for my zodiac screen browser :-)

Any info help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

basically I want to shrink everything smaller
get rid of all empty "padding" space etc...
Resize some field remove un needed stuff example I do not need the "watchin" section its pointless for me personally

I am going to open the css file in notepad so I can SEARCH for things but its going to be limited as to what I can do this way. need a better way of editing this thing :-)

I want top changed text fonts padding remove all margins and padding compress and tighten up for effecient viewing on a pda screen

any help would be greatly appreciated

I also love the fact that I can make the grid huge. sometimes its easier to lets a larger grid load and then swivel around the display to see what I want.

I usually set it to 1 hour (because of current limitations) but with optimizations I want I could easily get 2 hours width there) and all channels high.

GREAT JOB !!!

Chris Taylor
http://www.zodiacreview.com/
Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_15
(admin/guest user roles): I don't understand this either. could someone post an example of what it should look like.
I am sure I prosted a reply to this, but I do not see it any more...
Quick explanation of the format:
Code:
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,write:only
[Browser Prompt]=[web-path to protect],[username]:[password]
note the name of the prompt does not matter - but the browser uses it to internally reference a user/password...
Multiple users can be defined for the same path.
When checking for access, a more detailed path overrides a wider path (ie a user defined on /sage/Command overrides a user defined on /sage)

So if you want allow a guest user (with password GPASS) access to everything, but only an admin user (with password APASS) is able to change things, then you should have something like:
Code:
# Guest user acess to normal screens
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:GPASS

# admin user access to info screens
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:APASS

# admin user access to commands/actions
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:APASS
(note that there is an extra line in there in comaprison to the realms.properties file)

Last edited by nielm; 02-07-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys
first a bug or maybe just a limitation of the interface the TABLES in the grids do not line up with the hours or each other ?
Possibly a browser bug -- which browser (I tested in Mozilla IE and Opera, and Safari is reported to work too).
Quote:
also HOW do edit this ?
You cannot really... unless you are good at java servelet programming
The CSS file deals with most of the colors and layout, but a few things are hard coded (EPG Grid cellwidth and EPG List cellheight). I hand-coded the CSS and XHTML and you can normally see which XHTML object the CSS object refers to from the code. Graphical editing? don't know anything off hand... Some mozilla/Firefox plugins help in editing CSS (CSS sidebar)...

Most of the optimisation for small screen can be done in the CSS, plus setting the EPG cell width in the EPG pages
Quote:
also the drop down thing does not show on the zodiac browser but now I found it. it creates a normal LINK style menu at the bottom of the page THIS is not there in the page when I view in a normal browser so I am guessing that this is how the zodiac browser interprits this menu
The menubar is handled by a combination of javascript and CSS. If your browser does not support either well, then it falls back to a basic UL list at the bottom (which means that text based and ancient browsers such as lynx and NS4 can still use it -- just)) The same thing happens for the buttons on the detailed info pages
Quote:
ALSO is there a way to embed the user name and password IN the url so I do not have to enter them ? (its annoying and hard to enter text on a PDA :-)
Code:
http://user:password@server:8080/sage/
(does not work in IE due to MS stupdity)
Quote:
basically I want to shrink everything smaller
get rid of all empty "padding" space etc...
Most of the layout can be re-arranged in the CSS, but this will affect alll browsers. Removing information is not possible without editing the Java servlet code.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:46 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't read all of this thread, but I'm hoping you might give us a little taste of what's to come for the next version of this plugin?

BTW, I really do love it, the simplicity is great. Series recording not being there is a major bummer though, I hope that's on the list.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Next version will not be revolutionary...
I will try and put some favourite management in there... but most of the changes will be hardly noticable -- it will be mostly bugfixes and clean-up.
(I have not had much time at home to 'play' in the evenings for the last few weeks)...
Old 02-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Sage Icon

Does favorites management have anything to do with series recordings?

If not can we hope for this in a future version?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Does favorites management have anything to do with series recordings?

If not can we hope for this in a future version?
Umm.. yes!
If you want to record a series in Sage, you add it as a favorite -- I am going to try to put the same in the webserver...
Old 02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Cool... I've not used the stock STV at all, jumped right in with SageMC. Sorry for the illiterate behaviour.

Tags
web