SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage User

menu.properties

I added a download menu to my menu.properties but the only problem is when viewing it in firefox it puts the menu under all the other ones but when you go to click on it it moves it to the end of all the menus (See attached pics). It seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. Is this a problem with my code or with the web server?

Here is the code I added to the end of the menu.properties

[Downloads]
Recordings=/Recordings/
Video Library=/Video_Library/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.JPG (32.3 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg After.JPG (35.8 KB, 314 views)
Old 02-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Sage Icon

Ok I've played around a little more and now get the [file] link on the details page. However, when I click on it I get the message that files cannot be directly accessed. This is also stated in the path.properties file. So now how do I actually make it so that I can access the file? I guess I'm unsure why you can tell the webserver where files are, when you cannot do anything with them?

thanks,
Old 02-24-2005, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: file:// links:
all web browsers (that I have tested) prevent you from clicking on file:// URLs when you are looking at a page served by http:// I guess the reason why is related to security... and preventing web pages from accessing local files (though javascript).

Why did I support it? to prevent people from being too confused when they added a file:// URL in paths.properties, and finding it was not clicklable!. It also allows copy/pasting of a link with a right-click (rather than select/copy/paste)
Old 02-24-2005, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooms_Day
I added a download menu to my menu.properties
It only handles 3 'main' menus as is, you need to edit the CSS to shrink the per-menu (li.myMenu0) width, or enlarge the total menu (ul#myMenu) width to add space for a 4th menu
Old 02-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
It only handles 3 'main' menus as is, you need to edit the CSS to shrink the per-menu (li.myMenu0) width, or enlarge the total menu (ul#myMenu) width to add space for a 4th menu
Which CSS file sage_handheld, sage_print, or sage_screen? They all have ul#myMenu in them.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Nielm,
Thanks for the answer. It was just confusing for me.

I did get everything to work after playing around with it. I had to put my externally viewable hostname in the http path to get it to work. Otherwise I what I got was http://video/moviename.mpg and this was not found. With the change the link now comes up as http://name.dyndns.org:8080/video/movienename.mpg and is available.

thanks for all your work,
Old 02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooms_Day
Which CSS file sage_handheld, sage_print, or sage_screen? They all have ul#myMenu in them.
screen (menus are disabled in print, and nothing uses handheld, I find out now!)
Old 02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
screen (menus are disabled in print, and nothing uses handheld, I find out now!)
I went ahead and did it to all 3 before you replied and it is working now. Thanks for all your help.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Sage User

WebServer Error: "Unknown airing/media file ID passed"

Error: Unknown airing/media file ID passed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed Webserver for 2.1. When I hit the website I get the main screen comes up but I only see the blue logo, there is not information other than the error message:

Unknown airing/media file ID passed

The menu is available at the top and if I select 'Home' everything refreshes and then works without any more issues. It only shows when I first access the page.

Seeking wisdom

Boxpin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WebServer.JPG (35.8 KB, 284 views)
Old 03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxpin
Error: Unknown airing/media file ID passed
How are you going to the webserver? Are you typing in the address, or using a bookmark...
If the latter, check the address: it should be: http://server/sage/Home
(it sounds like your bookmark is to a detailed info page)
Old 03-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Possible Feature Request

Is there any way I can remotely control Sage via your webserver to automatically play back music that the box controls? SageTV is plugged into my entertainment center and the receiver controls sound to most of the house. Would love to be able to pipe sound at whim from my bedroom

Btw, this plug in rocks. I stopped using VNC and now exclusively use this to control it remotely!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani
Is there any way I can remotely control Sage via your webserver to automatically play back music that the box controls? SageTV is plugged into my entertainment center and the receiver controls sound to most of the house. Would love to be able to pipe sound at whim from my bedroom

Btw, this plug in rocks. I stopped using VNC and now exclusively use this to control it remotely!

Would it be possible to have play/stop/pause/FFW/REW controls served by the web server as well? I would love to use an Audrey touch screen to control my SAGE server.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there any way I can remotely control Sage via your webserver to automatically play back music that the box controls?
it's on the todo list...
Quote:
Would it be possible to have play/stop/pause/FFW/REW controls served by the web server as well?
Thats an easy one: The server already can trigger any SageCommands, there just isn't a sensible page to trigger them from... yet...

Syntax:
http://server:8080/sage/SageCommand?command=xxx?returnto=yy

Where xxx is a command name from the Sage Commands list
and yyy is a url to return to when the command is sent.

Attached is a simple page (and necessary icons) that gives playback controls (FF/REW/up/down) -- unpack into your Sage directory, make sure the webserver is running in the client and go to:

http://server:8080/sage/controls.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip controls.zip (7.5 KB, 261 views)
Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
it's on the todo list...
I eagerly await it!! Thanks nielm for your hard work!!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

I tried this controls.html... but all I get is "page cannot be displayed" errors after clicking on something...
Old 03-09-2005, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I tried this controls.html... but all I get is "page cannot be displayed" errors after clicking on something...
which browser?
does the click 'work' ie is the playback paused or whatever?
Any detailed message/error code at the bottom of the page (eg 404--file not found?)
Old 03-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

In internet explorer from the server machine I get no specific errors... from my client with firefow I get this:

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:16)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.CommandServlet.doServletGet(CommandServlet.java:44)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:129)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1503)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1392)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of SageCommand of java.lang.NullPointerException
at sage.u.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.ai.if(Unknown Source)
... 10 more

On a side note, from that same client, the web interface doesn't load properly. There is no top menus and no background image, amoung other things...

Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

I just went though and reinstalled everything because of other hickup I was having. Now this seems to work very well.

I've gone ahead and added more functions, hope you don't mind nielm.

You'll need to replace your existing menu.properties file, located in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\webserver with the one in the archive. Then place the images and html file in your C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage directory.

Make sure you exit sage (including the service before you do this).

If there are any other function you would like added, it really easy for me to throw them in, so let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WebRemote.zip (31.0 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by Wheemer; 03-11-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

I think i found my original error again... it seems to happen when I'm running in service mode. Any suggestions on how to get around or solve this??
Old 03-11-2005, 02:09 AM
SageTVaholic

No problems with adding functionality: I will probably incorporate it in the (mythical) next version

You cannot send commands to the service, only the client front-end (I did mention that in the above post!), this is because ther service doesn't know what to do with them!

You might prefer to run two webservers, one in the context of the service (for reliability/external access/scheduling), and one in the client (for remote control) - I do this myself! Just remember to choose a different webserver port in the sageclient.properties file...

Tags
web