SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Sage User

Thanks neilm.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Is there anything else about your webserver that does't work when run with the service? Or is it just the remote functions?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Anything that needs a Sage UI will not work from the service...

Most of it is hidden: ie you will not be offered a 'Watch now' button on detailed info for recordings, you will not be shown what is currently playing, and you will not be offered the opportunity of stopping playback...

All of the rest (schedule/recordings management) works identically well in client and service.

The fact that the SageCommand servlet does not give a nice friendly error message in this case has gone on the buglist!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage User

First: kudos for a brilliant plugin!

Not sure if this has been asked for (if so, consider this a "I second the motion") but would it be possible to manage favorites from the web UI? I'd like to be able to tweak the max number of shows saved and such.

Minor cosmetic change: how about putting the channel logo on the details page?

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage User

I second (or third.... or whatever) the motion for a way to manage Favorites.

I see that there is a sageCommand for Favorite (22) and it was mentioned in a previous post that the webserver can trigger any SageCommands. Does this mean that I can manually send an http command through the webserver to add a program to my favorites using the syntax

http://server:8080/sage/SageCommand?command=22?returnto=yy

If so, how do I specify which program I want to add? I am using the sage service if that makes any difference.

I also wanted to say what an awesome plugin this is.

Thank you for all the hard work.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

The SageCommand for favourite won't work in this case.
Favourite management is on the todo list for the mythical next version.
Channel logo on details has been added to the ToDo list
Old 03-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

some times when I log in my screen is not formatted correctly, other times it is.
any ideas what may cause this?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I cant see that URL, but I have seen this when I go to
localhost:8080/sage/Home/
(note the trailing slash!) because it looks in the wrong location for the images/css/javascript files.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok,
Having some funky behavior here and am prolly missing something silly though I've been through reinstall enough.
I followed the instructions, and everything is great! Took all but 5min and Im in complete love with the web server.
Uninstalled SageTV and installed a new version (2.2.RC5 to 2.2.RC6), now my web server doesn't work, I just get "BAD REQUEST".
I've noticed the address has a # at the end, I removed that and still the same result.
Reinstalled the web server many many times, I get the same result.
I am not running SageTV in service mode (validated that to be sure). I am running SageTV and SageTVClient on the same machine (I believe this was my original setup when thing were working before. As well Cyars STV 17 (again, part of my original setup/working before).
Any ideas?

Thanks,
RedR
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Bed Request? Not seen that one before -- are there any more details than that? Where do you see it? Can you upload a screenshot?

Things to check: are you using the correct port -- the bit after the address :
Are you using https:// when you have not enabled SSL (or http:// to a secure server)
Old 03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Another cosmetic request

I just noticed that when you mouse over the Video Disk Space bar chart (table) on the Home page you get slick tool tip messages for Used and Required (very nice btw). Howabout sticking a transparent gif in the last cell of the table that has a "Disk space available" alt text?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry...
Yes Im using
http://192.168.1.101:8080/sage/Home
for example, after I submit this to my browser (IE or FireFox, both use to work in the original install), the browser add's a # to the end of the address, and in just regular text puts in the browsers window:
Bad Request
This is oriented at the top left of the window. This happens on my other machine, as well as the PVR machine. I've tried the dos command line you suggest in your troubleshooting page, that originally came back "missing menu.xml" and would crash. I dug out the menu.xml and put it in its proper place, now the command line kicks off without a problem.
So, on that topic, whats the source of the menu.xml? I assume its Cayars STV package?
Old 03-18-2005, 03:23 AM
SageTVaholic

RedR: That 'Bad Request' does not get output by any of the code in the webserver (it is always followed by a reason)

At a guess, does your router use port 8080 for remote management or something?

Try using a different port...

(as for menu.xml, which dos command did you use? the one in the guide is java -cp . Acme.Serve.Serve -p 8080, which should not be looking for menu.xml)

Last edited by nielm; 03-18-2005 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage User

Not sure if this is possible but it would be nice if the Detailed Information page (sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=x) had more details. :-) Specifically I'm looking for First Run vs Re-Run.

Merci!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

woot, that was it nielm! Haven't dug into it yet (tho I know its not the winxp firewall) but port 8080 was the problem. Changed it to 80 in the sage.properties file and that solved it. Could'a sworn I tried that before, but stepping away and trying again fresh worked.

Thank you again, the web server rocks and I love it,
RedR
Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Sage Icon

Been using this plugin for about 6 months now, it works great and add very high value to SageTV. This is for nielm, thanks for making remote access to SageTV possible.

Just wondering, are you still improving this webserver plugin and updating version 1.1? If so, what can we hope to see in future updates?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
Just wondering, are you still improving this webserver plugin and updating version 1.1? If so, what can we hope to see in future updates?
I plan to, but got hit by a lack of motivation (sorry). There is a minor update with a few bugfixes, and then a major release with a whole bunch of stuff on the todo list! When these will be depends on various real life factors (ie: work, family, holidays interesting TV to watch etc!)

I also got distracted by other features that I want SageTV to have (I am also currently working on multi-speed continuous FF/REW!)

I am a bit reluctant to put a huge amount of effort into something that may be made redundant with SageTV V3... (although I have no idea what the V3 web UI will be like!)

I will publish a todo list soon so that you can see what I am working on...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

That all sounds very exciting nielm. As always, if you need any beta testers....
Old 04-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I am also currently working on multi-speed continuous FF/REW!
You would be my new best friend if you got this working!!! That is the remaining major hurdle in getting almost perfect WAF for me (she still has a few complaints about the way some of the navigation stuff works, but real FF/REW is something she REALLY wants!).
Old 04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Sage User

Pedantic nit: Episiode (sic) is mispelled in the details page.

Tags
web