SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Using the new editing feature, is it possible to make imported videos show up as archived videos? How about an option to import a standard XML file (generated by various STVs out there)? I've got a few dozen shows that were recorded with Sage long ago and somehow they ended up losing the show info and now only show as imported. I'd love to be able to at least get them back into the archived menu.

Off topic, but does anyone know why archived recordings are delegated to a second-class browsing system? The lack of grouping or dual-pane modes that non-archived recordings have makes it seem like the feature was an afterthought. I'd just keep them in the recordings menu, but this makes for a very long recordings menu to sort through. Basically, I don't understand why we can't have identical menus for archived and un-archived shows. Newly recorded shows show up in the recordings menu, then if we are going to keep them long-term, we Archive them. As it is now, the archived listings is one huge, hard to navigate list.

Sorry... end rant
Old 05-02-2005, 03:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
Using the new editing feature, is it possible to make imported videos show up as archived videos?
Yes: use the search page to search for MediaFiles with the required filename, show the detailed info, then click edit...

One caveat (as documented in the last paragraph doc page on editing): editing a file from a library import dir can result in it appearing twice in Sage... Solution: Edit the file info, shut down sage, and then move the file to a TV Directory.
Quote:
How about an option to import a standard XML file (generated by various STVs out there)?
It's certainly possible, just I never had the time, and the Edit is still an experimental feature... The results of the Edit form are a simple HTTP GET, so it should be possible to write something to translate the external XML to the HTTP GET (any java/XML people should be able to add it to the EditShowInfoServlet class)

Quote:
Off topic, but does anyone know why archived recordings are delegated to a second-class browsing system?
Simple oversite... Hardly anyone uses archives, so noone really complained during the beta priocess! This may be fixed in a future version...

I have a quick hack import module (see links below) that simply includes archived shows in the main recordings list, and there will be a How-to (shortly) on how to un-archive...

Last edited by nielm; 05-02-2005 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nice new version, but you forgot a feature

You said in an earlier post that you will have a look on supporting line breaks.

I use CR/LF in my xmltv although I know that it is not really xml compliant. But it works in SageTV.
Can you make the webserver recognize a line break and insert a <br> for it?

Thanks,

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
Nice new version, but you forgot a feature

You said in an earlier post that you will have a look on supporting line breaks.

I use CR/LF in my xmltv although I know that it is not really xml compliant. But it works in SageTV.
Can you make the webserver recognize a line break and insert a <br> for it?
It should already be doing that... and I just used edit show info to put multiline text in a desc and it does put <br/>s in the detailed info screen... It's doing a search/replace on CR+LF.. Do you get the line breaks showing up in Sage's detailed show info page?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Simple oversite... Hardly anyone uses archives, so noone really complained during the beta priocess! This may be fixed in a future version...

I have a quick hack import module (see links below) that simply includes archived shows in the main recordings list, and there will be a How-to (shortly) on how to un-archive...
It's a catch-22. No one will use a feature that is incomplete. I would be alright with everything being back in the main recordings list, but then I would want better color coding of what is permanant and what is temporary. Certain shows will be kept forever, while others will be watched and deleted. It would be nice to differentiate between those (that's what archiving was originally for, after all!) Oh well, I will complain loudly if the 3.0 beta doesn't address this one way or the other. In the mean time, I am looking forward to your instructions on how to un-archive recordings.

BTW, thanks for everything you've done for the SageTV community. Your's was the first STV that I really liked and the add-on work since then has been nothing short of heroic. If Frey isn't paying you yet, they should.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually, it looks like you've answered the questions of how to un-archive as well. I followed the link you gave and found info on that. I will try it out later this week. Thanks again.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It should already be doing that... and I just used edit show info to put multiline text in a desc and it does put <br/>s in the detailed info screen... It's doing a search/replace on CR+LF.. Do you get the line breaks showing up in Sage's detailed show info page?
Yes, I get line breaks in Sage, attached are three files: (Sorry, only German)

- Screenshot SageMC169
- Screenshot Webserver
- Corresponding XML part.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Oliver
Attached Images
File Type: gif sageTV.gif (52.8 KB, 351 views)
File Type: gif Webserver.gif (131.2 KB, 361 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Citizen Kane.xml.txt (1.6 KB, 326 views)

Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
Old 05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage User

I use the Webserver all the time to manage my IR schedule. When I'm going through the list of upcoming shows I command-click (OSX and Firefox) on the show titles to open them in a new tab if I want more details. However, with the latest release doing that now opens the recording detail in the new tab AND the current tab. Looking at the HTML code it looks like this is due to the onclick="window.location=''" for the links. Was there a reason this was added instead of just the href=""?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Radar: the idea was that you could click anywhere in the EPG cell to get the detailed info, and not just on the text of the program title... I didn't spot this rather unpleasant side-effect in testing Its been put on the bug-list.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Expert

Nothing to offer here, except that I finally got around to installing this, and I am totally floored. The quality of this plugin is mind boggling. Excellent work and thank you.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

the new version of the webserver throws a lot of exceptions, the log shows this:

Code:
Sa 5/7 19:45:49.976 GetProperty - nielm/diskbar_partials_free=true ->true
Sa 5/7 19:45:49.983 GetProperty - nielm/diskbar_lookahead_only_requested=true -> true
Sa 5/7 19:45:49.983 Filtering from 2
Sa 5/7 19:45:49.983 Filtering to 2
Sa 5/7 19:45:49.984 GetProperty - nielm/diskbar_lookahead_only_requested=true -> true
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.090     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.091     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.091     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.091     at Acme.Serve.ServeOutputStream.write(Serve.java:3145)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.092     at Acme.Utils.copyStream(Utils.java:922)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.092     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.copyStream(FileServlet.java:260)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.092     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.serveFile(FileServlet.java:248)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.092     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.dispatchPathname(FileServlet.java:148)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.093     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:134)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.093     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.094     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1528)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.095     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1503)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.096     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1392)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.096     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.157     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.159     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.160     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.161     at Acme.Serve.ServeOutputStream.write(Serve.java:3145)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.161     at Acme.Utils.copyStream(Utils.java:922)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.161     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.copyStream(FileServlet.java:260)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.162     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.serveFile(FileServlet.java:248)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.163     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.dispatchPathname(FileServlet.java:148)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.163     at Acme.Serve.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:134)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.164     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.164     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1528)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.165     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1503)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.165     at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1392)
Sa 5/7 19:45:50.166     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Does anybody else see this?

Oliver

Old 05-08-2005, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Both of those exceptions suggest that the page load was interrupted, causing the client to close the socket while the server was still writing to it... I take it that the functionality of the webserver is still OK: you get the web-pages rendered with valid data?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Both of those exceptions suggest that the page load was interrupted, causing the client to close the socket while the server was still writing to it... I take it that the functionality of the webserver is still OK: you get the web-pages rendered with valid data?
Sometimes when I click on a show to get the details, the new window is only white. Sometimes it works. The old 1.1 version worked fine.
Is there anything I can do?

Old 05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Only white? as in no text at all?
Is the URL correct (sage/DetailedInfo?AiringID=457476)?
Does Refresh() help?

It might be something with the stupid broken onClick javascript I added.. Which browser are you using?
Old 05-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Only white? as in no text at all?
Yes, HTML source:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
Quote:
Is the URL correct (sage/DetailedInfo?AiringID=457476)?
yes: http://localhost/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=4851264
note that the webserver runs at port 80 on my machine.

Code:
Does Refresh() help?
yes, that does help. It only occures sometimes.

Quote:
It might be something with the stupid broken onClick javascript I added..
Did only few tests with Javascript disabled, seems to run better (no white screen), but still (but fewer?) exceptions. But I have to do more tests to confirm this.

Quote:
Which browser are you using?
Maxthon (www.maxthon.com), which uses internally IE.
Just tested with IE: the same problem.

But the exceptions can not be explained with kind of browser or javascript.
@all: Have others the same exceptions?
(To see the log: Create DWORD named consolewin in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common and set it to 1, restart Sage.)

Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

That HTML:
Code:
<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
is not generated by my webserver! All my pages are XHTML using ISO-8859-1 charset, and the pages generated by the Java HTTP backend are plain HTML using UTF-8 charset. (you can search the code to prove this if you want!)

The only thing I can think of is that you are going via a buggy proxy (possibly a traspararent proxy)... If you do have a proxy, try disabling 'use HTTP1.1 through proxy (or similar) in IE's settings...

You could also try Opera or Firefox -- I know the browser shouldnt make a difference, but IE sometimes tries to do non-standard things.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Radar: the idea was that you could click anywhere in the EPG cell to get the detailed info, and not just on the text of the program title... I didn't spot this rather unpleasant side-effect in testing Its been put on the bug-list.
I've started right-click-open-in-new-tab-ing so this isn't super critical. If others like the ability to click anywhere in the cell, or you can think of a way that ctrl-click doesn't invoke the onclick event, you can take this off the bug-list.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

wait - its still an issue

using the latest webserver it in its full default settings, I have the exact same problem. complete white screen. I hit refresh and it works. This is true in Both IE6 and Firefox 1.04. The box that sage runs on has no Firewall (I disabled XPSP2s) or anything else that could cause this. it worked before. so far I have called it annoying enough to gripe about to myself, but not bitchy enough to write about. It takes usually the 3rd or 4th click to get the white screen and then I get this:

<HTML><HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Old 05-18-2005, 02:42 AM
SageTVaholic

owilsky and alijiwani: I have done some extensive playing with IE6 and Firefox on local net and over internet, and I never get blank pages...

Is it only detailed info pages, or does it happen anytime?
Is it for specific files/shows or for any files/shows

Are you acessing it via your local net, or from the internet?
Anything in the Webserver's log (SageTV/webserver/log/AWS-ate_time.log) corresponding to the time that you got the blank page?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
owilsky and alijiwani: I have done some extensive playing with IE6 and Firefox on local net and over internet, and I never get blank pages...

Is it only detailed info pages, or does it happen anytime?
Only on detailed info pages.
Quote:
Is it for specific files/shows or for any files/shows
no, just random.
Quote:
Are you acessing it via your local net, or from the internet?
local net (localhost). But I configured the webserver to take port 80 and modified the index.html to redirect to /sage/Home.
I use Cayars 18E, is that important? Maybe some kind of conflict? The setting "Webserver" inCayars18E is "disabled". @alijiwani: Which STV do you use?
Quote:
Anything in the Webserver's log (SageTV/webserver/log/AWS-ate_time.log) corresponding to the time that you got the blank page?
Yes:
Code:
[Wed May 18 11:14:01 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Wed May 18 11:14:03 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
[Wed May 18 11:14:04 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Tags
web