SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Just found another couple of references to this problem It seems that if the server returns a zero-length reply to the browser, the browser auto generates this HTML...

Now to figure out why you get a zero length reply! (related those exceptions?) I am going to improve the error logging a little to try to see what happens...
Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 AM
SageTVaholic

The full package of Cayar's STV does include the webserver v1.1, so there may be something he has done/changed which breaks it, or breaks the new version...

no idea what that enabled/disabled flag does...

If you installed 18E after the recent version of the webserver, could you reinstall the recent version of the webserver?

It would not harm to delete SageTV/net/sf/sageplugins/webserver and SageTV/Acme first as well...
Old 05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
If you installed 18E after the recent version of the webserver, could you reinstall the recent version of the webserver?

It would not harm to delete SageTV/net/sf/sageplugins/webserver and SageTV/Acme first as well...
I just did that, deleted
- SageTV/net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
- SageTV/Acme
- SageTV/net

But that did not change anything.
I tried Cayars17 and OriginalV2, same errors, so the STV seems to be not responsible. Could it be any software I installed on my computer?

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Just happened to me (XP home SP2)... and I think I have a rough idea what is happening. I think it is an IE bug combined with a server bug...

As a temporary workaround, for IE users you can turn off 'Use HTTP 1.1' in the options/Advanced settings.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I have a solution... at least one that works for me...
unpack the attached patch into the SageTV directory
Restart the server/service
Re-enable HTTP/1.1 in IE, and retry.
Let me know what you get!

(the server does not handle persistant HTTP connections, but was not telling IE that. IE was making 2 requests for the same page(!), but the connection was already closed when the second request was made. It probaly only happens on a fast network - or localhost - with fast loading non-cached pages)...
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch.zip (14.5 KB, 271 views)
Old 05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

sorry about the tardiness of the reply - havnt been home today.

owilsky - latest public Cayars...17 I believe. Can a non "VIP" actually get a copy of 18e?

Is it only detailed info pages, or does it happen anytime?
- detailed info pages

Is it for specific files/shows or for any files/shows
- random

Are you acessing it via your local net, or from the internet?
- local network, from a different computer than the sage box

Anything in the Webserver's log (SageTV/webserver/log/AWS-ate_time.log) corresponding to the time that you got the blank page?

[Sun May 15 12:01:57 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 12:01:57 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 12:02:00 CDT 2005] Status-Code 400: Bad Request(empty)
[Sun May 15 16:54:58 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:54:58 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:55:52 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:55:52 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:56:00 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:56:00 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:57:06 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:57:24 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:57:24 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:57:55 CDT 2005] Reading request: Connection reset
[Sun May 15 16:58:03 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:58:45 CDT 2005] Reading request: Connection reset
[Sun May 15 16:58:59 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:58:59 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Sun May 15 16:59:15 CDT 2005] IO problem running servlet: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Old 05-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani
owilsky - latest public Cayars...17 I believe. Can a non "VIP" actually get a copy of 18e?
Just so you know... there was a revolution and the era of "All Cayars STV users are equal, but some are more equal than others" has ended. See this post.

- Andy
Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Patch seems to work.

OK, installed the patch and did some quick tests, no more "white pages" occured.
Still these exceptions when starting Sage:
Code:
[Thu May 19 08:58:27 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
[Thu May 19 08:58:27 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet:
[Thu May 19 08:58:28 CEST 2005] IO problem running servlet:
But it seems to run fine.

Did you have any time to check my problem with CR/LF? Maybe it's just that simple that Sage internally strips CR/LF down to simply CR or LF and then a search/replace cannot work...

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Neilm, any particular reason why that favicon doesn't load for the webserver?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Hey Neilm, any particular reason why that favicon doesn't load for the webserver?
File got corrupted... In 1.3 and 1.4, I copied it into CVS as a text file, then used the CVS version for the delivery Will be fixed in 1.5...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

I replaced it with a new one and it still doesn't seem to load.

EDIT: Nevermind... it suddenly loads now.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just reinstalled sage...was still using 2.2.6, installed the new Cayars (thanks nielm), overwrote the webserver with 1.4 and added in your patch. Purring away just fine! Thanks nielm!

Last edited by alijiwani; 05-20-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Another update: 1.5 -- May 25 2005

Download from the usual place

V1.5 May 25 2005
  • Hyperlinked search for people in detailed info page (both in EPG and in IMDB)
  • Hyperlinked TvTome search in detailed info
  • Corrected default Search options
  • Removed annoying Onclick javascript in EPG cells (allows open in new page)
  • Fixed bug where IE sometimes returned blank pages
  • Fix line breaks in detailed info
  • Add 'Recording' icon to search and EPG pages indicating a scheduled recording
  • Fixed broken Favicon
  • Catch socket errors in FileServlet (prevents too much logging when clients abort connections)
  • Improved DetailedInfoServlet and WebRemote to use javascript to send commands -- They should respond much faster, and no longer create multiple entries in history
  • Channel logos in detailed info.
  • Channel logos now on by default and automatic (it gets them from SageTV)
  • Added menu items to search for watched + Don't like shows.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Another awsome update... I seriously hope none of your efforts are going to waste.

Quick question; without haveing to roll back to check, I thought the menu was available on the remote page?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

It was not in the previous version (the menu is dynamically generated, the webremote page is a static html page 'cos I was lazy!). You could aways add the menu by editing the HTML, or click on the Sage graphic to go to the home page.

(the menu was in your original html webremote page though!)
Old 05-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Cool... if it wasn't there before I can't explain why I missed it...
Old 05-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

nielm,

Is there anyway to make direct access to a certain page authentication free?

If I delete (or rename) the realms file, then the entire interface requires no user or password (as expected). But I would like to make JUST the DetailedInfo page require no user or password. I have tried adding a DetailedInfo realm with no user or password, with blank user and password, even moving it to the top. All to no avail.

If I could get that working then ShowAnalyzer could use the DetailedInfo?AiringID= to get a variety of info to assist in commercial detection.

Jere
Old 05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cell Phone?

Just curious, I just got a Motorola v710. I tried to access my sage webserver from it but it didn't work. I know the browser is basic on it, but is there a way to do anything on my server from my cell?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
nielm,
Is there anyway to make direct access to a certain page authentication free?
Yes, -- you either have to create realms for all of the servlets *except* the one you want.
Or, you could add a copy of the servlet in the servlets.properties with a web-path outside of the sage path, eg:
Code:
servlet./sage_noauth/DetailedInfo.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet
and access it though http://blah/sage_noauth/DetailedInfo?AiringID=xxxx
Note that because it all works with relative paths to the other servlets and static files in the sage directory (js/css/images), these files will not be found, meaning that it will look odd in a web browser (but should still be machine-readable).

Last edited by nielm; 05-26-2005 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Just curious, I just got a Motorola v710. I tried to access my sage webserver from it but it didn't work. I know the browser is basic on it, but is there a way to do anything on my server from my cell?
The web UI is designed to work with browsers that support XHTML, JavaScript and CSS

I know nothing about your specific model of phone, but most mobile phone browsers are severly limited browsers, that support only specially constructed WAP content (and I know nothing about WAP!), or only very small HTML pages, and sometimes the operator only allows certain approved sites to be accessed.

In short, I don't know why it doesn't work, but I am not surprised that it does not. Sorry.

Tags
web