SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Editing favorites?

Is there a way to add, remove, etc favorites. I didnt see a way on the webserver for 2.1+.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

favorites: see post #407
Old 05-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

nielm,

I hate to be a pest, but could you add which tuner recorded the show to the DetailedInfo page? That way SA could be calibrated to each tuner.

Adding the file duration and the file start time would also be great! That way SA could calculate beginning and ending padding.

Thanks,
Jere
Old 05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
I hate to be a pest, but could you add which tuner recorded the show to the DetailedInfo page? That way SA could be calibrated to each tuner.
it does already.... it can even translate from the airingID to the media file for that airing... I will include start time+duration (of each segment) in the next version...
Old 05-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
it does already....
Doh! I can't believe I missed that. I was even LOOKING for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I will include start time+duration (of each segment) in the next version...
Much appreciated. I didn't even think about multiple segments. I guess I take for granted how stable my Sage is.

Jere
Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

neil,

The Tv station logos are not showing up, just placeholders. Any idea why? They work Ok when looking at sage from the server on the TV itself. Just not on the web server.

Stacy
Old 05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

So I was playing with my pocketpc today and decided to try to go to my Sage Webserver.

Turns out I can't see it from a pocketpc. I'm not sure why. I am using SSL which is supported by the browser...it might be due to the fact pocket IE doesn't support java.

Thoughts on why this would not work?
Any chance of altering the webserver to make it work?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoBen
So I was playing with my pocketpc today and decided to try to go to my Sage Webserver.

Turns out I can't see it from a pocketpc. I'm not sure why. I am using SSL which is supported by the browser...it might be due to the fact pocket IE doesn't support java.

Thoughts on why this would not work?
Any chance of altering the webserver to make it work?
It works fine on my Treo 600, and I don't have the Java VM installed. I just can't expand folders. It does draw properly though.

My guess is the SSL. Try disabling it and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

You can disable the folders in the Sage Recording options -> Group by.

Stacy, only gif, jpg and png images are supported at the moment -- are yours bmps? Try opening the image in it's own page to see any errors: right click the image and do View Image (Firefox)/Open Image (Opera)/Properties + copy/paste the address (IE).
Old 05-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
...it might be due to the fact pocket IE doesn't support java.
It works fine on my Treo 600, and I don't have the Java VM installed.
A Java VM is not needed, please don't mix up Java and Javascript.
And the webpages nielms server creates work fine in every browser with Javascript disabled.
So it will be either CSS or SSL which does not work.
BTW: On my Palm Tungsten T3 using WebPro 3.5 it works fine...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The Treo 600's browser (Blazer) doesn't inherantly support Javascript. It requires an additional library that costs something like $5, and I don't like the idea of paying for something that is free to other platforms, so I'm protesting.

Incorrect vocab usage. Sorry.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

hi neil,

All the channel logos are jpgs. There pretty much the same ones that everyone downloads from satlogo.com.

They are in the c:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\Channel Logos directory. They work fine on SageTV, they just don't show up with webserver.

Note the picture here..... I can't open the picture. It doesn't do anything.

As always, thanks for the help....

Stacy
Old 05-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I believe the Web server looks for its channel logos in c:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\channellogos This is not the same place that SageTV looks for the channel logos.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Boolah -- not in 1.5 -- it gets it from the SageTV/Channellogos dir if there is a logo, otherwise it does not display anything..

Stacy:
Only Opera/Firefox allow you to open an image in a new page... In IE you have to copy/paste the URL: Right click an image placeholder, click properties, copy the image URL in the props dialog, paste it into the IE address bar and hit Enter to load the image... It might give some output...

Last edited by nielm; 05-28-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

neil,

When I do what you suggested, here is what I got from properties. It sure looks like it's still trying to get it from the webserver directory......

(btw... I x'd out the actual web site so I don't have 50,000 people trying to see what I recorded last week :-)

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.net/sage/Channe...hannelID=11158
Old 05-31-2005, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Stacy: thats the correct address, but what I want to know is what happened when you go to that address in a web browser (does it display an image or an error, and if an error: what?)
Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm. I am really not sure about that but I think I had the same problem. The logos didn't show. But there weren't no "empty" images like there are when IE doesn't find an image. I copied the channel logos to the webroot folder and then it worked.
I am really not sure about that, so I didn't post it.

If the webserver takes Sage's channel logos that folder must be "opened" for the webserver. Is this done by the configuration files? Because I kept my old ones from version 1.1-1.4... maybe that's the problem?

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:30 AM
SageTVaholic

The 1.5 webserver should use the channel logos in the Frey Technologies/SageTV/channellogos directory -- the same ones that Sage itself sees. They are retrieved through the channellogo servlet with the argument being the internal channel ID...

This also means that it knows which channel has a logo and which does not (so you see the channel names for those that do not have a logo and the logos for those that do). If you do not see a channel name, nor a channel logo, try what I explained to Stacy, right click where the logo should be, find out the URL, and open the logo URL in a new window to see any error messages.

There should be no need to copy them into the webroot and the webroot/sage/channellogos directory is now redundant.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Sage Icon

neil,

Sorry mu head isn't where it should be.... you sure did ask me to enter the URL....

OK, I did and I get "Page not found"

I am running on standard port 80, no SSL.

Just to check, were there any new parameters in any of the config files with this new version that said where to find these logos or is it hard coded?

When I upgraded to 1.5, I simply re-copied all the realms, etc files from the backup.

Last edited by srothwell; 05-31-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting. The problem may be that I'm running SSL on port 443. I will move everything back to port 80 and disable SSL and see what I get. Thanks for the clarification.

Tags
web