SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Stacy: yep: servlets.properties had changed -- to add the ChannelLogo servlet -- which is why you are getting 404's ... If you re-extract that file and restart, it should all be fine..

Menu.properties had also changed in 1.5 to add viewing history searches (watched and don't like shows)
Old 05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

Yep.... as soon as I replaced both files, everything is just ducky. Nice work.

Yeah, I made a lot of modifcations to realms and didn't want to have to edit the file so I just copied all of them from my backup after install of 1.5.

I'll be more careful next time.

Thanks for the help!

Stacy
Old 06-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Sage User

Is it possible to change the language of the WEB-UI ?

rgds
Roland
Old 06-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage User

I think I posted this before, but in case I didn't, thank you for the SageTV Webserver!

I use it almost every day from my notebook to monitor what's coming up or to start recordings quickly. Since my notebook is usually rrunning, it is so much faster to start the SageTV Webserver and start a recording than it is to turn on the TV and wait for it to warm up.

I have one request for the Webserver. I like the top line in the program guide grid view, which shows the date, timeslots and the scroll arrows.

Would you repeat this line at the bottom of the table? Perhaps also repeated every 25 lines or so.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:29 AM
Sage Expert

I never got around to installing this plugin before because I didn't want a web interface for Sage. Today though, I was playing with my new Sage installation and installed this plugin with a bunch of others I had never used before and well, while it turns out its true that I don't want a web interface, I discovered something else entirely.

Nielm I could kiss you!

I've had this "ghost recording" causing a conflict in my wiz.bin since I first installed the SageTV demo and its been like a tiny fly buzzing in one's ear that does nothing bad and one eventually gets used to but is continually annoying. Your wonderful plugin allowed me to finally get rid of it! No more red exclamation mark! Whoopee! Though I know that wasn't this plugins intended use, thank you, thank you very, very much!! The red bang is gone! Yehaaa! Thank you!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm....a question for you

I have had this great plug-in working for quite some time. I didn't actually use it for some weeks now and wanted to use it again a few days ago. I found out that i couldn't connect to it anymore.
I found out there was a new version out, so i figured it had to do with that. However, this didn't change anything.
The thing is that it used to work fine, i have used it a lot....so everything WAS set-up ok. To my knowledge i didn't change anything. Now all i get are "can't connect" messages.
I have a port (8082) forwarded for it in my router. I have this port set-up in the sage.properties as well. I have set-up a password and user. I don't know what is wrong. I try to connect using this url:

http://localhost:8082/sage/Home (from my house)

or

http://82.72.222.70:8082/sage/Home (from outside house....e.g. work)

I hope you can help me along a bit with some tips.

Cheers,
Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had this problem when I upgrade to the newest version of java. Make sure you don't have auto upgrade enabled on java. If you do then you need to move all webserver files to the new folder/directory.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoBen
I had this problem when I upgrade to the newest version of java. Make sure you don't have auto upgrade enabled on java. If you do then you need to move all webserver files to the new folder/directory.
Hiya DynamoBen!

I didn't upgrade jav, but i did re-install it once.

What do you mean exactly? What files should i copy where?
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

There are a couple of files that get placed in the java directory. (there are a few more steps for ssh) You will want to check and see of those files are still there if not follow that part of the installation guide. Once that occurs in theory everything should start working again.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

You will probably need to re-install the servlet.jar java library -- check the install instructions:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall
Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafrol
Is it possible to change the language of the WEB-UI ?
not currently -- you can rename the menu items, but all the static text in the webpages cannot be changed unless you edit the java source.

It is something I am going to look into though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon
I have one request for the Webserver. I like the top line in the program guide grid view, which shows the date, timeslots and the scroll arrows.

Would you repeat this line at the bottom of the table? Perhaps also repeated every 25 lines or so.
I will add it to the to-do list
Old 06-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
You will probably need to re-install the servlet.jar java library -- check the install instructions:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall
Dang...thought i had all these files in there. I only had xerces.jar in there. servlet.jar wasn't there.
It's there now and it works again. Thanks all!!

Henk99
Old 06-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Can't connect outside LAN..

First off, let me say a big thank you for the work that went into putting this wonderful plugin together. The webserver has worked wonderfully for me for quite some time now. Yesterday while at work I went to log in to check the recordings (mainly out of boredom) and found that I couldn't connect to the server. Not even a Login dialog. Worked fine the day before and then yesterday nothing.

Now I also have a small web server running on the same machine (Windows 2003 SP-1) so I checked to make sure I could access that to rule out any DNS issues. Worked fine. Found the post about a new Java version and auto update and thought that might be the clue.

So when I got home last night I checked from my desktop and I could access the Sage webserver from there using the serverort/sage/Home address no problem. So the server is running just fine but I cannot connect from outside my LAN for some reason. Port on the router is forwarded just like before, no changes there. Same with the windows firewall correct port is open (obviously since I can log in from another computer on the LAN).

Any thoughts on this one?

David
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Sage User

I should also probably note that Firefox is giving me a "Connection Refused" error when trying to connect, whereas if I change the port to something random I get a "Timed out" error.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

'Connection refused' suggests that it is getting through your firewall, but trying to connect to a different port on your server than the one which is open for the webserver... (firewall-blocked ports give Timeouts). It might be worth re-checking the router's port forwarding/firewall config...

It could also be possible that your work has blocked access to destination ports other than :80...

For testing, your best option is to test from home, but using a proxy from outside your home network -- see the links on the webserver remote access documentation page, testing section.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Nielm,

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried with anonymizer but it wouldn't let me browse my URL for some reason. Using DynDNS I have anubis81.homedns.org redirected to my IP and running the webserver on port 1981 just for kicks to try something different. Like I said, everything worked fine on Saturday, but Sunday it was a no go. I'll double check the router when I get home to be sure though.

Thanks again,
David
Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage User

Well, I've reloaded the server with 1.5 and overwritten all files. New port to try and rechecked the router. The validator now sees the page instead of a 500 error as before. Will try from work tomorrow with fingers crossed.

David
Old 06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Sage User

All is well now, don't know if it was a messed up .properties file or port 1981 that it didn't like. Back to normal with 1.5. Thanks once again Nielm.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,

Did you remove the "recording options " in the .5 version? I used to use it regularly in .4 to kill recordings from the webserver when someone else was using the entertainment center. Can't seem to locate the option anymore.

Thanks
-Ali
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Congratulations, you have found a bug!
If the recording is in progress, the recording options will not be shown...
It should still be there for an upcoming manual recording...

Tags
web