SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bad Request

Same problem for me. Had the webserver running for months on v3 without a problem before upgrading to v4. Did a clean install of webserver into the new SageTV folder after the upgrade. Copied over my webserver properties files. Checked all the obvious config areas. No idea what the problem could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
Ok.. I've had this working before, but now it is gone ( I miss it so) I installed Sage V4 and then installed the webserver. I noticed that SageTV now installs into C:\Program Files\SageTV vs FreyTechnologies. I set my router up to redirect port 8886 to my Sage system and I made sure that there is no firewall running on the system. But when I go to access the page I get a BAD REQUEST message. I changed the port in Sage.properties to 8886 also. HELP!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to take a moment and say .. I am in Heaven

Thank you Nielm for a great add on to Sage TV. Just came back from sitting in the hot tub, watching TV on my laptop, changing channels and volume using the Webserver program and my PDA. OUTSTANDING.

Yesterday I deleted all versions of SageTV, DL and installed 4.0, DL and installed client. After a few mishaps I am up, running and loving it. I can also watch my Sagetv over a video distribution feed to any TV in the house and use my PDA with Webserver acting as a remote. This beats carry a TV outside, plugging into Coax feed and electric (around water ).

Thanks also to Malore and you for some of your other stvi I am using. All in all with SageTV and Xlobby my AV system is pretty near (well I guess never really) complete.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackman
I must have missed something.

I have a new install of SageTV 4 as a Service and am trying to get WebServer working for the first time. I think I folloewd all the install directions, but I get a "The page cannot be displayed" message after I restart the SageTV service.

The WebServer is not running. When I try to launch it from the command line I get the following error (I tried port 8088 same result):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Servlet
Context
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Are there any other log files I can look at, or other troubleshooting suggestions?

I have redownloaded servlet.jar and tried placing it in the C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV directory (no change)

Thanks

P4 1.5, 256M PC800, Windows 2000 Server, PVR-350
Try placing it in Java's lib\ext folder. On my machine it's C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\ext. For your reference, it's described here: http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/WebserverInstall.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Is there an update on V1.7? Integrating the embedded vlc player (http://www.sage-community.org/index....verMediaPlayer) seems to be started, and would be a HUGE bonus for those of us who travel.
I am working on it slowly, but it will not support recompression, so you have to have a big upload bandwidth!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Any chance we can request to NOT include any video streaming code and just offer it as an addon?
you don't have to use it and it will not interfere with ORB (it will be HTTP based streaming)
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
Same problem for me. Had the webserver running for months on v3 without a problem before upgrading to v4. Did a clean install of webserver into the new SageTV folder after the upgrade. Copied over my webserver properties files. Checked all the obvious config areas. No idea what the problem could be.
might also want to clean out all nielm/webserver lines in the properties file -- it may be that the webroot is still pointing to the old directory...
Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
Just wanted to take a moment and say .. I am in Heaven

I can also watch my Sagetv over a video distribution feed to any TV in the house and use my PDA with Webserver acting as a remote. This beats carry a TV outside, plugging into Coax feed and electric (around water ).
What do you use to distribute the signal? I picked up an RF Modulator that goes into a 8-awy splitter on my cable TV system. But when I use it with S-Video Out from my video card, I get no color. A clal to the manufacturer and they said that the modulators don't play well with an S-Video signal from a computer.

Still looking for a way to get that working.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:39 PM

I was missing something. I was following the instructions too closely
I had two versions of JRE loaded. When I installed 5.0 it left j2re1.4.2_06 and all its directories installed.

Putting servlet.jar in the C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\lib\ext directory fixed the problem. I have also uninstalled j2re1.4.2_04.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackman
Putting servlet.jar in the C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\lib\ext directory fixed the problem. I have also uninstalled j2re1.4.2_04.
Hope that works, many people have had problems using Sage with Java 1.5x and had to back out to 1.4.2x.

I'm still using 1.4.2x.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

I think you can now put that file in the jars folder inside your sage dir... this way if Java updates, nothing will break.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I think you can now put that file in the jars folder inside your sage dir... this way if Java updates, nothing will break.

This is working fine for me. I just deleted all other copies and restarted the service.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

kelemvor - Yes had similiar problems. Picked up a cheapy ($20 on Ebay) A/V enhancer?. Like a small board that you bring the s-video into, pump up the gain, color, adjust audio. I then bring that into a 3 channel cheapy (Ebay of course) modulator using rca composite. Not the best quality but definetly watchable. Just bought a Channelmaster (Ebay) 1x8 amplified distribution with 2 modulated inputs. The 1 in is from DTV box and the mods oar efrom modulator. Made a BIG difference in the signal quality of the cable feed. Seems modulated and direct cable feeds don't like to mix.

Another DTV feeds my 250 card and then this is feed via Cat5E VGA extender to big screen TV. That is my main watching TV.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

I have not read this thread yet, but am downloading all plug-ins and cusomizations for my Sage4 setup ...

This page says ... Plugin: Webserver for SageTV 2.1+ (v1.6 Jun 15 2005) ... Since June was a while ago and Sage 4 was really early Sage 3 beta my question is, does this download version work with Sage 4 or is there another release somewhere else??

Thanks, T.

Last edited by mightyt; 11-20-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Works fine in 4.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Works fine in 4.
Excellent ... Thanks ToxMox ...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Feature Request: RSS Feed

First off thanks Nielm for all the awesome work on the web server and all the other various utilities for Sage, they are the icing on the cake for my Sage box. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a couple of simple RSS feeds out of the web server? Basically what I'd like to see is a feed each for "watching", "currently recording" and "upcoming recordings". I think it'd be an easy way to share your recording/watching habits (say on your blog) with others and to monitor your own sage activity (or spy on the wife/gf/kids/grand pa/ect.) from anywhere.
Thanks again!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
might also want to clean out all nielm/webserver lines in the properties file -- it may be that the webroot is still pointing to the old directory...
I recently reinstalled everything from scratch (after adding an A180 to the system) and loaded up Sage v4. I am once again getting Bad Request now...

To correct it last time, I installed Sage into C:/Program Files/Frey Technologies/SageTV. I don't want to keep doing this, and would like to figure out where it's pointing incorrectly.

If I try to access http://mydomain.com:8080/sage/home, where exactly is it looking? Which files can I check to see where it's directing this request?

If anyone figures out how to correct these "Bad Request" errors, please let me know. The webserver feature is fantastic.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangriotis
If anyone figures out how to correct these "Bad Request" errors, please let me know. The webserver feature is fantastic.

I second this request. The only thing left for me to try is a complete unistall and reinstall, but I am not sure how to accomplish this cleanly.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

mangriotis, lotusvball
Can you post the nielm/webserver/* lines from the sage.properties file...
Old 11-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
mangriotis, lotusvball
Can you post the nielm/webserver/* lines from the sage.properties file...

Could not locate nielm/webserver/. I attached the contents of the properties file. Am I missing something?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sage.properties.txt (25.5 KB, 252 views)
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300

Tags
web