SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
mangriotis, lotusvball
Can you post the nielm/webserver/* lines from the sage.properties file...
nielm/webserver/aliases_file=aliases.properties
nielm/webserver/backlog=
nielm/webserver/bind_address=
nielm/webserver/cgibin_dir=
nielm/webserver/log_access=false
nielm/webserver/log_referrer=false
nielm/webserver/log_user_agent=false
nielm/webserver/port=8087
nielm/webserver/realms_file=realms.properties
nielm/webserver/root=webserver
nielm/webserver/servlets_file=servlets.properties
nielm/webserver/session_timeout=
nielm/webserver/ssl_args=
nielm/webserver/throttles_file=throttles.properties
nielm/webserver/use_ssl=false
nielm/webserver/video_path_translation_file=paths.properties

I changed the port to 8087, and confirmed that my router port forwarding is set up.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
Could not locate nielm/webserver/. I attached the contents of the properties file. Am I missing something?
for some reason the webserver is not being started on your system -- the properties file entries would be created when the webserver starts...

Check that in the SageTV directory that you have net/sf/sageplugins/webserver/*.class and Acme/*.class and Acme/Serve/*.class files and that they are all readable by the user running SageTV

Check also for webserver/webroot/*

And finally check for files in webserver/log/AWS-<date>_<time>.log and look whats in the latest one...

If there are no log files, then enable the Sage Troubleshooting console (see the support/Troubleshooting FAQ on www.sage.tv and start Sage (not in service mode), and look at the beginning of the log for any errors relating to the webserver -- you may want to change the properties/Layout of the log window to increase the height of the screen buffer to save more lines)

For either of you, to do a full reinstall of the *webserver*, delete the following from directories from the SageTV directory:
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
Acme
Webroot

Stop sageTV (not just sleep) or the sageTV service
Edit sage.properties and remove all nielm/webserver lines (but you both have the defaults)

then re-download and re-install.

(It worked fine for me when I did my upgrade to V4.)

Last edited by nielm; 11-23-2005 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Sage Icon

Error From Webserver

Hi,

I'm getting an error from the webserver. It prompts for my username/password, then I get a page with this as the first error:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "GetCurrentSTVFile" numargs=0

Is it an easy one to fix? I've tried reinstalling the webserver and SageTV, is there a file missing somewhere?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 12-02-2005, 03:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "GetCurrentSTVFile" numargs=0
Is it an easy one to fix? I've tried reinstalling the webserver and SageTV, is there a file missing somewhere?
Which sage version are you running?
Are you running the webserver in SageTV as service, SageTVClient, or just normal Sage?

Last edited by nielm; 12-02-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Sage Icon

v4, normal SageTV (if that's not an oxymoron!).
Old 12-02-2005, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I cannot think of a good reason why that should be happening, but they will eb a new version of the webserver very soon that will remove that function call (it was not necessary)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Nielm.... who is "they"? Is this a typo or a hint that Frey will be incorporating your work starting from version 4.1?

Quote:
I cannot think of a good reason why that should be happening, but they will eb a new version of the webserver very soon that will remove that function call (it was not necessary)
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Nielm.... who is "they"? Is this a typo or a hint that Frey will be incorporating your work starting from version 4.1?
Assuming he meant to say there will be a new version...
Old 12-02-2005, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

yes, "they will eb" = "there will be"...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Nielm
Is it possible to give us highlights of what to expect in the next version?
Thanks for probably the one of the most satisfying and useful addons for SageTV!

Quote:
yes, "they will eb" = "there will be"...
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Current latest release notes in CVS for work-in-progress version... More things to be added though
Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks, an uninstall and reinstall of SageTV and the webserver fixed the problem, whatever it was.

Rick
Old 12-06-2005, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

New release v2.0

Nice new features: favorites support -- implemented entirely by jreichen -- and web-based media player...

IMPORTANT!!! you must follow the installation instructions on the wiki when upgrading so that you uninstall the old version first!

------------------------------
v2.0 -- 6 Dec 2005
  • NEW FEATURE: Favorites Management -- Add/remove/re-priority favorites
    Big thanks to jreichen from the Sage Forums for implementing this.
  • NEW FEATURE: Web-based media player
    Click Watch Now on any recording in the detailed info screen
    Or Listen for MP3 files...
    Very simple for the moment... requires additional web-browser plugins for MPG and AVI playback
    Best results using IE (Sorry. I hate browser-dependant stuff!)[
    No re-encoding support -- you download the original files...
    see WebServerMediaPlayer for more information
  • NEW FEATURE: Detailed Information pages now have streaming and file-based playlist links.
    This allows one-click access to files in external media players. See Wiki:WebServerExtApp for more information
  • ENHANCEMENT: included ajuhawk's Sage Encoder support.
    set the property "nielm/webserver/enableSageEncoderOpts=true" to enable
  • ENHANCEMENT: Add'l Tracks by artist / Tracks on album buttons in detailed info
  • ENHANCEMENT: improved menu bar --
    IMPORTANT: menu.properties is no longer in use.
    menubar definition can be edited in webserver/webroot/sage/menu_items.js
    No more restarting sage for menu changes
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added Sage Recordings and Media Library searches to menus.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Fallback main menu for non-Javascript browsers.
  • ENHANCEMENT: jump to a channel in EPG views
  • ENHANCEMENT: jump to options block in Sage recordings on [show options]
  • ENHANCEMENT: Uses Jar packages instead of a mess of .class files
  • BUGFIX: fixed Sage mediafile download so that no password is required
  • BUGFIX: fixed Sage mediafile + webserver normal file download to support HTTP Range requests
    !!! Seeking in streaming files now possible with supported players !!!
  • BUGFIX: webremote and about pages now have a menu bar!
  • BUGFIX: changed TvTome search to TV.com
------------------------------

Last edited by nielm; 12-06-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Favourites support! Woo-hoo! It's going in tonight...

Thanks Niel, you're a star.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

2.0 working as described!

So far, so good! Thanks!

If I could add a feature request, not to sound ungrateful, but this is something I've wished Sage itself would do.. Drag and Drop the favorite priority lists! I added a new favorite and it becomes my #1 favorite, when I'd prefer it to be favorite #77.. it would be slick if I could drag a favorite from one position to another.. or have a 'move to' option to drop it down, or move it up to a specific place in the list..

Just a thought!

Thanks again!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
this is something I've wished Sage itself would do.. Drag and Drop the favorite priority lists! I added a new favorite and it becomes my #1 favorite, when I'd prefer it to be favorite #77..
This is dead easy in Sage: highlight a favorite, hit right and you have 'picked it up', up+down then moves it around, so just hold down the 'down' key until you get to #77, then hit left to 'drop' it... Opus4 will probably post the page in the manual referring to it!

This would be very difficult in the webserver, and way beyond my skillz! Jason implemented a 'create with priority' settng , so you can choose to add a new fave with highest or lowest priority...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is dead easy in Sage: highlight a favorite, hit right and you have 'picked it up', up+down then moves it around, so just hold down the 'down' key until you get to #77, then hit left to 'drop' it... Opus4 will probably post the page in the manual referring to it!

This would be very difficult in the webserver, and way beyond my skillz! Jason implemented a 'create with priority' settng , so you can choose to add a new fave with highest or lowest priority...
Thanks! I forget that most users use the remote so I was thinking of drag and drop with a mouse (I use the Windows and mouse interface on the Server and the remotes on my clients)... My bad.. probably not a useful idea for the masses..

It would be cool on the webserver though, as we all use the mouse there.. I saw the high or low priority, which is better than it used to be for sure! Guess it's impossible to add a 'move to position' type of functionality? No worries either way.. was just thinking (Something I plan to stop doing in the new year!)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

New release v2.1

There was a nasty bug that I introduced in the EPG views in Internet Explorer...

V2.1 Dec 6 2005
  • BUGFIX: fixed media player page when no supported players installed
  • BUGFIX: jump to channel in EPG views in IE...
Old 12-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

finally decided to add webserver functionality. I must say that this is awesome! Why do you not work for sage yet?

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Installed and working beautifully. Took me a little time to work out how to add in my changes to the menu (duh!) but it looks better and the favourites stuff is great.

My mp3s at home are streaming over the net, currently having problems with VLC (does it need a port forwarding?) but will play some more tomorrow. After 12 hours work. After 6 hours sleep... :/

And it's all nielm's fault...

Tags
web