SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

When did I become a "Sage Expert"???
Old 12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got the 2.0 server running and accessible via internet, lan and local machine. Can't figure out all the streaming stuff.

1. What's the difference between the Watch (streamed) and Watch (local file) buttons and the Files link?

2. I uninstalled/reinstalled VLC on my laptop (client) and selected the http active x component. Should I do that on the server?

3. Can't play anything from the laptop. The player window opens and I've tried both WMP and VLC. Either way there's a quick blip and nothing. All protocols are enabled and all proxy setting to autodetect. I do notice a quick .02 % increase in network activity on the server and then it goes back to 0.

[Edit] After the third reinsall attempt I saw the part about deleting ACME folder. Also deleted the websrver items from sage.properties. Player works good on local host.

Thanks for the update.

PS check out http://www.orb.com/get_orb/add_ons/ There's an API download. They've got one that works with Tivo to Go. Seems like Orb does some pretty cool stuff on the fly. I got the tech guru from my squadron pointed to myorb.com with his Pocket PC and started streaming a Sage recording on the fly. Pretty good quality.

Wow! I'm an expert too.?!?

Last edited by akenis; 12-07-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
It would be cool on the webserver though, as we all use the mouse there.. I saw the high or low priority, which is better than it used to be for sure! Guess it's impossible to add a 'move to position' type of functionality? No worries either way.. was just thinking (Something I plan to stop doing in the new year!)
I had a feeling that would be the first request I looked into drag and drop but decided to skip it for now. The current method of clicking the up and down arrows repeatedly is a bit cumbersome especially since the page refreshes to the top each time, but I figured something is better than nothing.

Instead of highest or lowest priority, I could add a drop down for before or after, and another to select the favorite to position it relative to.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis
Can't figure out all the streaming stuff.

1. What's the difference between the Watch (streamed) and Watch (local file) buttons and the Files link?
Streaming sends the file from the webserver... Only some players support this for some file types, but it is most likely to work without any hassle without setting up disk shares, and for low bandwidth files (MP3's) through proxies/firewalls...

Local file just sends a playlist which tells the player to read the file directly from disk, so will only work on a LAN if the browser has direct access to the disk files using the path as defined on the server (usually only when UNC paths are specified)... But, it should work with all players..

Quote:
2. I uninstalled/reinstalled VLC on my laptop (client) and selected the http active x component. Should I do that on the server?
just client -- VLC is only used on the playback side.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
My mp3s at home are streaming over the net, currently having problems with VLC (does it need a port forwarding?)
It uses the same port as the webserver for streaming, so no... It may have problems with proxies though -- it does not use IE's internal proxy definitions -- you have to define the HTTP_PROXY environmental variable...
This is loosly dealt with in the documetation...
http://www.sage-community.org/index....verMediaPlayer
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Sage Icon

I *was* intending to read the wiki, honest...
Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
weird stuff

on my system the web server only shows the home page with no menus and I don't know why
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not getting menus either. I am still using Sagetv v2.2.8. Do I need to update to V4.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
I'm not getting menus either. I am still using Sagetv v2.2.8. Do I need to update to V4.
Why can't I play any files, be it MP3 or Recorded movies through this new webserver? When I try to right click on an mp3 to save now.. it goes to a "page not found" when I choose to stream it using IE.. nothing... same for watching movies
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

banmj, wbarber69,

My guess is that you need to enable javascript, but I'm sure nielm will let you know. You've read the wiki?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

You followed the install instructions and deleted the old webserver stuff first?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Sage Expert

yep and yep... webserver doesn't seem to recognize that any of my media.. be it mp3, photos or mpg2 exist...page not found.

Quote:
You followed the install instructions and deleted the old webserver stuff first?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

Did you restore/remake your ALIASES.PROPERTIES?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Sage Expert

I only backed up and restored REALM properties to preserve my user/pw... I never made any modifications past that...so why would I have to fuss with the aliases.properties with this upgrade?

Nielm.. help! :-) Why with this upgrade in particular is the webserver no longer able to find my media ?

Quote:
Did you restore/remake your ALIASES.PROPERTIES?

Last edited by cmaffia; 12-07-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Sage Expert

Reinstalled 1.6 from scratch... only edited the realms file to create user/pw and the webserver can find all my media through the webserver..... hmmmm.... bug or is something missing here?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am also only getting the main screen with no menus. Here's what I did to finally even get that:

I delete the

Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver

Then installed 2.1 per instructions. I was getting a Bad Request error again so I read through some of the old posts and noticed that the delete directories had to be present for this to work. So I went back to the 2.1 zipped file but the three above directories were not present. I then went to my ver 1.6 zipped files and copied the directories from there on to my sage box. I get the main screen now and of course the version number that shows is 1.6 and not 2.1. Did I miss something in the download?
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 12-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Missing shows when adding favorite..

Something seems amiss...

I tried to add a new favorite by title.. 'Will & Grace'.. but that show is not listed in the dropdown! If I do an EPG search it shows up, but only if I use the word 'Will' without the '&'! I click the proper result which then properly gives the show info.. I then click 'add favorite' assuming it would add the currently selected show as a favorite.. but it came up with some text about needing more info...

I'm guessing the '&' in the title is a problem...

Anybody confirm or deny this???
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
I am also only getting the main screen with no menus. Here's what I did to finally even get that:
Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
correct -- as mentioned in the install instructions.
Quote:
so I read through some of the old posts and noticed that the delete directories had to be present for this to work.
This is not true for webserver 2.0+ -- all the files that would have been there are in JARs/nielm_webserver.jar -- the directories above must be deleted so that obsolete files are not used..

You are using Sage v2.2 or later?

check the logs (SageTV/webserver/log/AWS-date-time.log) for any errors...
Old 12-08-2005, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
on my system the web server only shows the home page with no menus and I don't know why
Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Did you delete the directories specified in the install instructions?
Did the zipfile unpack nielm_webserver.jar into the SageTV/JARs directory?

Webserver 2.1 should still work fine on Sage v2.2, it will no longer work on Sage v2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Why can't I play any files, be it MP3 or Recorded movies through this new webserver? When I try to right click on an mp3 to save now.. it goes to a "page not found" when I choose to stream it using IE.. nothing... same for watching movies
Check that the webserver/servlets.properties contains (should be at the end:
Code:
servlet./sagepublic/MediaFile.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.MediaFileServlet
servlet./sagepublic/PlaylistGenerator.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.PlaylistGeneratorServlet
And finally, check the logs for errors (as above)...

(rickgillyon- there is no need to edit aliases.properties in this version media files are found automatically)
Old 12-08-2005, 03:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I tried to add a new favorite by title.. 'Will & Grace'.. but that show is not listed in the dropdown! If I do an EPG search it shows up, but only if I use the word 'Will' without the '&'!

I'm guessing the '&' in the title is a problem...
yep...

There are some serious problems with special character and unicode handling in URLs that I need to look into...

Tags
web