SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Thanks for a great add-on to Sage. Have a Happy Holiday!
Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Problems with a fresh install

I'm sure this is something very obvious I've missed, but I sure can't find it. I did an install of Sage 4.1.3.67, I have Java version 1.5.0_06, and I'm not running Sage as a service. I also didn't do my install on the standard C drive/path. I ran through teh instructions on http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall (though many of them were skipped because it wasn't an upgrade, and I wasn't installing on a Client). Upon starting SageTV, the web service never starts. That took me to the troubleshooting page. I verified taht nothing is on port 8080, and I have no log directory at all. I redid the load_at_startup line several times (without spaces), but after starting Sage, my entries are automatically removed [is that normal?].
I didn't have servlets.jar under my Java install directory (It didn't say to anywhere in the install doc as far as I could tell!), but after reading that part, I placed a copy of that (as well as all other JARs in my Sagetv/jars directory... you can never be too safe) into the proper Java....lib/ext dir. No change.
I have *no* !Acme/ or net/ directories at all, nor do I have any class files anywhere that I know of. They wern't in the install file either, unless I'm supposed to unpack those jar files or something....
I do have a webserver directory under SageTV/ with all the .properties files in there.

Running from a command line, I get the follwoing message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Acme/Serve/Serve

So where am I supposed to get the missing files/directories from?

Also note - I haven't yet installed my video capture card yet. Is that the answer to my problem?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage User

Ok... I extracted the .jar files (maintaining the directory structure) into my SageTV directory. Starting it from the command prompt now works, but SageTV still doesn't appear to attempt to start it (and still removed my load_at_startup... entry on startup). Do I just need to move the new folders/files (javax, net, Acme) somewhere else? Should I have installed something previously that would have taken care of all of this for me? It all sounded so simple, yet I'm so lost...
Old 12-31-2005, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're modifying the properties file and losing those changes you're either running the service and haven't stopped it or you're putting Sage to sleep in the system tray and not actually quitting Sage. Quit Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage User

Smile Problem solved... on to the next question.

Thanks - that was exactly it. I know I asked it not to run as a service, but none the less, I had the service still running aftr I quit Sage. Stopping the service & reapplying the mod to the properties file solved my problem.

Next question - Is it possible to run this website under IIS instead of it's own site? Having only one port accessable through the firewall at work, it would be nice to have everything running on port 80 (not just the Sage things). I can do it using a proxy redirector if needed, but would like to avoid taht if possible.

Thanks for the quick help!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having similar issues as those listed above when installing on a fresh build of Sage 4. I have installed the webserver in the past easily but it looks like the installation instructions have changed. Is this all that is required now?

Installation from (http://www.sage-community.org/index....erverInstall):
1. Download and unzip Webserver_2_3 into c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\
--This places nielm_sageutils.jar, nielm_sagewebserver.jar & servlet.jar into c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs\* as well as adding the new directory of c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver

2. Stop Sage and Edit c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties file adding:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

3. Start sage and navigate to:
http://localhost:8080/sage/Home

After running through the above, the webserver didn't start. I double checked that the Sage.properties entry remained after restart as well as having no spaces. I get the following error when trying to start the server.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>java -cp . Acme.Serve.Serve -p 8080
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Acme/Serve/Serve

Additionally,
I have tried copying all the jar files into my Java directories, manually unpacking the jar files to create the ACME and net directories within /Sage/ all to no avail.

I can manually start the server from the command line successfully, but not with sage. When I "Q" to exit the command line server, the following log is genereated.

[Tue Jan 03 18:16:15 PST 2006] Accept: java.net.SocketException: socket closed

For now, I have returned my Sage install back to normal with no /ACME/ directory or references in the /net/sf/ to sageutils or webserver. I still have the jar files in my java's ext directory and the webserver, JARs directory in sage.

Any ideas?

Last edited by DRM2PVR; 01-03-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
I've searched this thread to see if had been requested before, and didn't see it, so ...

Would it be possible to add markers and command triggers for commercial detection (comskip) to the Sage Recordings display?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thet
Next question - Is it possible to run this website under IIS instead of it's own site? Having only one port accessable through the firewall at work, it would be nice to have everything running on port 80 (not just the Sage things). I can do it using a proxy redirector if needed, but would like to avoid taht if possible.
Until Nielm gets back to you - the short answer is no. Have a look here for the reasons:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...IIS#post113044
Old 01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

multiple users

Hi Nielm,

I have your latest web server installed and I am trying to setup multiple users per the wiki. So using the example of admin and guest, I logon using guest but I am able to make changes which shouldn't happen. What am I doing wrong?

Here is my realms file:

# Username/passwords for protected web pages
# Format:
# Prompt=/path,user:password
# multiple users/passwords can be given for the same prompt/path
#
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:guest
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:admin

# Example customsation
# The following lines protect pages that perform actions
# with different username/password, giving 2 levels of
# priviledge: read-only and read-write
# these must be put before the top level user/password for them
# to take effect.
#
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,write:only
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,write:only
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,write:only
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,write:only
#SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,write:only

SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:admin
My Pictures=/pictures,guest:guest

# note that there is now a url defined in servlets.properties
# defined as /sagepublic/MediaFile
# this should be left unprotected to allow media players to play
# files without specifying a username/password.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nielm,

Another question that I was wondering... I have SageEncoder setup and working. Would it be possible to change the HTTP link that you have on the webserver to point to the WMV or DIVX output from SageEncoder instead of the MPEG file? How could that be done? I am already assuming that SageEncoder would be set to output to the same directory as the original MPEG video files.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Another question that I was wondering... I have SageEncoder setup and working. Would it be possible to change the HTTP link that you have on the webserver to point to the WMV or DIVX output from SageEncoder instead of the MPEG file? How could that be done? I am already assuming that SageEncoder would be set to output to the same directory as the original MPEG video files.
it would have to be a change in the Java code... I will add it to the todo list, but it will not be a priority...
Old 01-12-2006, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Nielm,

I have your latest web server installed and I am trying to setup multiple users per the wiki. So using the example of admin and guest, I logon using guest but I am able to make changes which shouldn't happen. What am I doing wrong?
Works fine for me... (opera and IE)
Which action were you doing?

Note that your browser may be remembering and reusing the admin:admin login from a previous logon -- make sure that you close/reopen the browser to clear the logon cache before logging on as a different user.

Note also that there are some commands missing from the list in the realms file -- for 'proper' protection, you also need the following paths protected:
Code:
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ForceEpgUpdate,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,admin:admin
Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniKyrn
I've searched this thread to see if had been requested before, and didn't see it, so ...

Would it be possible to add markers and command triggers for commercial detection (comskip) to the Sage Recordings display?
its possible, but I don't use comskip so it is very low priority If anyone wants to add it, do it in a similar way to sage encoder and send me the updated java files
Old 01-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Works fine for me... (opera and IE)
Which action were you doing?

Note that your browser may be remembering and reusing the admin:admin login from a previous logon -- make sure that you close/reopen the browser to clear the logon cache before logging on as a different user.

Note also that there are some commands missing from the list in the realms file -- for 'proper' protection, you also need the following paths protected:
Code:
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ForceEpgUpdate,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,admin:admin

OK, I have added all the actions (thanks), restarted the webserver and flushed the IE's cache, but the guest account is still able to do all the actions.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

DOH! I'm such a dunce! The order in the file matters (of course you didn't catch it either so I feel better ). Its working now.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

you know, i actually read that line in realms.properties, and wondered 'is this really correct?' I guess it is
Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Uploaded v2.4

New version V2.4 Dec 11 2006 -- Sage 4.1 and higher required
  • For SageTV 4.1 and later only
  • BUGFIX: Removed 'null' menu items
  • BUGFIX: Channel logos default to enabled
  • BUGFIX: Fixed webremote and Sage command functionality for v4.1
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added now playing info for media extenders
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added WebRemote for media extenders (click the extender name in the Home page)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added Show marker icons to show display (optional default=on)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added File size indication to show display (optional default=on)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added Episode ID to show display (optional - default=off)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Fallback menu for browsers that support JavaScript but not JavaScript DOM (eg Pocket IE)
  • BUGFIX: Added more protected paths for write:only user.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added support for picture/album/mediafile thumbnails
Old 01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

ENHANCEMENT: Added support for picture/album/mediafile thumbnails

Man I wish you could back port this enhancement for older Sage revs.....
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Man I wish you could back port this enhancement for older Sage revs.....
Out of interest, why would you not use the latest ver?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thet

Thanks for the quick help!
Actually the Sage web server is a web server capable of serving other pages. Not knowing what you use IIS for (any ASP, etc.) you may be able to get it to display your current web content with no real issue.

B

Tags
web