SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:34 AM
SageTVaholic

robgfaulknerHow / from where are you getting these errors -- ie which page, what have you done to get this page?

allen: the console log of the client/UI will not show much about the webserver running on the server/service
Can you check for any log files in webserver/log/AWS...
If none, can you also enable debug logging with the sage.properties line:

Code:
debug_logging=TRUE
and look for the log files sage_0.txt after service startup...

Thor: the service has no access to the sage UI, so cannot control the UI. You have to install the webserver in sageclient.properties as well on a different port, and connect to that webserver instance to control the UI. (I will try to make the error message a bit clearer!)
Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
robgfaulknerHow / from where are you getting these errors -- ie which page, what have you done to get this page?
Well I wrote a scraper that parses your webserver and loads data into Meedio. Specifically, Im now getting the errors when I try to access....

http://localhost:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=xxxxxx

The server returns Invalid Media File/ Airing ID warning page.

For all my recordings. Always!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, here is what Im doing in Meedio to grab SageTV info:

http://www.meedio.com/forum/about213...ghlight=sagetv

-Rob
Old 01-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also have a problem with the new version, I don't know exactly since when this does (not) happen:

I connect via my pocket pc to the webserver to select an airing to be recorded.
This worked fine with version 1.x, but I cannot get e.g. to the search epg. I get the menubar and I see the search epg entry, but when I click on that entry I get a 404.

In former versions a got a "non javascript menu" at the bottom when I disabled javascript, doesn't it work this way in the new version?
I really would like to be able to connect via my pocket pc when I am not at home but at the moment it is completely useless.
I tried the pocket internet explorer from 2003se as well as NetFront 3.2.

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
I connect via my pocket pc to the webserver to select an airing to be recorded.
In former versions a got a "non javascript menu" at the bottom
Works fine on my Palm T|X, maybe you should upgrade...
Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed Sage v4.1.4 finally and thought I would try the latest webserver program. It seemed to work fine internally on my network, but when I try to access it from outside my LAN, I get the following error after inputting my login and password:

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:53)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1551)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1526)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1413)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts as to what is causing this??

(At least I got rid of the "Bad Request" errors)
Old 01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

CSS file for PocketIE

Has anyone got a CSS file that displays the SageTV webserver pages nicely on the PocketPC. I just bought PPC-6700 (cell phone).

Rick...
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage User

Continued issues....

Quote:

allen: the console log of the client/UI will not show much about the webserver running on the server/service
Can you check for any log files in webserver/log/AWS...
If none, can you also enable debug logging with the sage.properties line:

Code:
debug_logging=TRUE
and look for the log files sage_0.txt after service startup...

Thor: the service has no access to the sage UI, so cannot control the UI. You have to install the webserver in sageclient.properties as well on a different port, and connect to that webserver instance to control the UI. (I will try to make the error message a bit clearer!)

Neilm, appreciate the help. I attached the log file. I see mention of the webserver trying to start, but I don't really know what I'm looking at...

There aren't any log files in the webserver directory (or its sub-directorys)...

I realized that the log file shows all the crappy TV shows that I watch- BE NICE- doesn't everyone record every show with Erik Estrada in it?

-Allen
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (148.7 KB, 251 views)
Old 01-18-2006, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

mangriotis:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI
JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar did not get overwritten when you unpacked the zip file

allen: thats wierd I see that sage is trying to start the webserver, but the webserver's own thread does not seem to get executed -- I would expect to see 'Starting webserver with args: '

The only thing I can suggest is to try to re-unzip the webserver, and make sure both JAR files (JARS/nielm_sageutls.jar, nielm_sagewebserver.jar) are updated. (actually the most likely cause is like mangriotis: nielm_sageutls.jar did not get overwritten)..

Last edited by nielm; 01-18-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgfaulkner
Well I wrote a scraper that parses your webserver and loads data into Meedio. Specifically, Im now getting the errors when I try to access....
http://localhost:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=xxxxxx
The server returns Invalid Media File/ Airing ID warning page.
I am guessing that you are getting the AiringID=xxxx from the file name...

It is possible that this ID in the file name is not the real Airing ID -- Sage sometimes re-numbers the ID's of all it's DB objects (it does this when it runs out of ID's -- you may have a Wiz.bin_PRECOMPRESSED_IDs)

Try looking at the detailed info via Sage Recordings in the webserver and compare the AiringID shown there against the file name.

You can 'fix' this by doing edit show info (it renames the file), but that would be a pain for lots of files.

I will add a new feature so that you can do:
http://localhost:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?FileName=drive:\full\path\to\file.mpg

-- note that the path will have to match the path defined for the recordings directory in Sage.

Last edited by nielm; 01-18-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Nice job on the web server it works great.

Url of Remote:
http://localhost:8080/sage/webremote...Local%20SageTV

Url of Button click on Remote:
http://localhost:8080/sage/SageComma...OCESS_LOCAL_UI

Error Msg:
UI Context: "SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI" is not active:
use: /sage/SageCommand?command=<command>&context=<context>

Thanks.

Same error message I am getting
Old 01-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
mangriotis:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI
JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar did not get overwritten when you unpacked the zip file

allen: thats wierd I see that sage is trying to start the webserver, but the webserver's own thread does not seem to get executed -- I would expect to see 'Starting webserver with args: '

The only thing I can suggest is to try to re-unzip the webserver, and make sure both JAR files (JARS/nielm_sageutls.jar, nielm_sagewebserver.jar) are updated. (actually the most likely cause is like mangriotis: nielm_sageutls.jar did not get overwritten)..
Thanks nielm! I feel complete again... this interface is so nice to have. I missed it.

I am not sure what happened in the first place, but when I copied the nielm_sageutls.jar file over it was a different size. I installed everything fresh (Sage 4.1.4, webserver 2.4) so there couldn't have been previous versions, yet the file was different when I copied it over from the zip again. weird.

In any case, I would like to thank you, nielm, as things now seem to be working.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

nielm_sageutls.jar is shared by several of my plugins -- if you downloaded any of my other plugins before yesterday, it would install an older version of the nielm_sageutls.jar, overwriting the newer one used by the webserver ... I have just updated all my other plugins' zipfiles to the latest nielm_saegutls.jar

Yep DLL Hell in Java
Old 01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
Same error message I am getting
for different reasons -- please read my response to your problem
Old 01-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Quote:
I will add a new feature so that you can do:
http://localhost:8080/sage/DetailedI...th\to\file.mpg

-- note that the path will have to match the path defined for the recordings directory in Sage.
This would be great Nielm.

Quick question. If I just redid my Wiz.bin, by deleting and doing a fresh install would that fix the problem? Is there a way to reset this? Suggestions are appreciated.

-Rob
Old 01-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
nielm_sageutls.jar is shared by several of my plugins -- if you downloaded any of my other plugins before yesterday, it would install an older version of the nielm_sageutls.jar, overwriting the newer one used by the webserver ... I have just updated all my other plugins' zipfiles to the latest nielm_saegutls.jar

Yep DLL Hell in Java
Ah, I think I installed the latest SageMC after installing your webserver... if this also includes your .jar file, that would explain the issue.

Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 2.5 -- support for Sage 2.2 is back :)

V2.5 Jan 19 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-4.1
Nielm's changes:
  • BUGFIX: hopefully re-added compatibility for sage 2.2-4.0 versions (thumbnails will still not work)
  • BUGFIX: hopefully made HDTV icon work now
  • BUGFIX: hopefully fixed streaming video player for HTTPS
  • BUGFIX: Fixed 'Play in SageTV' button
  • BUGFIX: Fixed Manual Record/Set Padding in non-service mode/client webservers.
  • BUGFIX: Gb -> GB, Mb -> MB
  • BUGFIX: Got rid of annoying 'Capture Device' media files in library search
  • NEW FEATURE: Added experimental support for gzipping servlet output -- makes large pages much faster on slow internet links.
    Disable with property: nielm/webserver/enable_gzip_encoding=false
  • NEW FEATURE: find media file details by passing file name in path.
    This works for any page that accepted the 'MediaFileId' argument, eg:
    Code:
    http://server:8080/DetailedInfo?FileName=c:\path\to\file.mpg
    http://localhost:8080/sage/MediaFileCommand?command=WatchNow&context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI&FileName=c:\path\to\file.mpg
    Note: Filename must exactly match name in sage's DB (ie using UNC paths etc)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Picture thumbnails are now extra-small in search results -- saves bandwidth
  • ENHANCEMENT: Improved handling of folders in Sage Recordings -- folders now open containing content and toggle open/closed.
  • NEW FEATURE: Added Intelligent Suggestions screen -- shows what would be recorded if Intellgent Recording was enabled (4.1+ only)
Jreichens changes:
  • NEW FEATURE: View Partial and Auto-Delete Recordings: Provide links to, and size of, partial and auto-delete recordings in the Home Screen
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added filters for partial and auto-delete recordings on the search page.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Enhanced Recording Quality Info in favorites and Detailed Info page
  • ENHANCEMENT: Favorite priority can now be set to 'above' or 'below' another favorite -- quicker than re-ordering with arrows
Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This would be great Nielm.
done
Quote:
Quick question. If I just redid my Wiz.bin, by deleting and doing a fresh install would that fix the problem? Is there a way to reset this? Suggestions are appreciated.
There is no workaround -- About the only thing you could do is rename all the Sage Recordings files to match the new AiringID while Sage is shut down, and rely on the Media File Recovery to re-associate them. Or edit show info in the webserver for every file.
Removing Wiz.bin will just mean you lose all show/favorites information...

Last edited by nielm; 01-19-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into this. You have made my transition to sage very easy.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
How do you unselect the default application for watching.

Once you selected the recorded file for viewing you're asked to select which application you would like to use to view it. On that web page there's a check box to select the application you've choosen to be used as the default application from that point on. My question is how do you change that selection or revert it back to the default once it's been choosen?

Gerry
Old 01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Delete the cookies for the webserver...
This particular option is stored in the cookie called: 'defaultPlayers', so you actually only need to delete that one...
If you don't have a webbrowser that allows fine cookie control, paste this into the address bar when viewing a sage webserver page:
Code:
javascript:DeleteOptionsCookie("defaultPlayers")

Last edited by nielm; 01-19-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Tags
web