SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Code:
from=/pvr_c/;dir=c:\
from=/docs/;dir=\\XPIDER\docs\
I'm now getting a "Not Found" for the PC remote to the webserver, whereas this worked last week. Any ideas?
I've also just thought, I also changed over to using Service Mode at the weekend, could that be causing my problem and not the new webserver version at all?
It's possible: Service mode cannot read from remote network servers (\\XPIDER ?) unless the service is configured to log in as a 'real' user, not the default 'localsystem'
Old 03-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
It's possible: Service mode cannot read from remote network servers (\\XPIDER ?) unless the service is configured to log in as a 'real' user, not the default 'localsystem'
Yes, \\Xpider is the networked remote PC. Is there any way to specify a user for the service without a password? I don't want to have to go through the welcome screen and password every restart, but the service seems to fail to log on with a user with no password...
Old 03-27-2006, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, \\Xpider is the networked remote PC. Is there any way to specify a user for the service without a password? I don't want to have to go through the welcome screen and password every restart, but the service seems to fail to log on with a user with no password...
Enter the user/pass in the service properties of Window's service manager applet -- it will auto - add a 'run service' privilage to the user..
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry, obviously I'm not explaining myself very well! I understand how to use the services, and it gave me the appropriate privilege, but it still fails to log on. Does the user have to have a password to run the service?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry, obviously I'm not explaining myself very well! I understand how to use the services, and it gave me the appropriate privilege, but it still fails to log on. Does the user have to have a password to run the service?
Yes it does. I would setup two users. One with a password for the service and leave your regular user without a password. Then use TweakUI to autologon the user without a password (normal user account). Then you avoid the welcome screen. Note you may have to reapply this after a windows update. I have in the past. YMMV.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 03-27-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys, I'd forgotten all about TweakUI.

That's it working, and not really an issue with the webserver, sorry for doubting you nielm!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
  • ENHANCEMENT: Edit Show info allows keeping same EPGID, or specifying a known EPGID
  • ENHANCEMENT: Add Original Air Date in Detailed Info
Thank you! As you may have noticed, I am a perfectionist when it comes to the database and these features are greatly appreciated!

P.S. If I had my way, I would just put the whole thing in an exported dbf that I can edit in Access or FoxPro and then re-import to a fresh wiz.bin. I don't expect this to happen, but it would be nice as insurance for a corrupted wiz.bin. I'm good about backups, so have never lost too much, but it still concerns me.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Never satisfied, I think it would be a great idea to have an RSS feed of Recording conflicts too. An extra insurance, especially for those using a 3-day lookahead.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedDimCap
First off thanks Nielm for all the awesome work on the web server and all the other various utilities for Sage, they are the icing on the cake for my Sage box. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a couple of simple RSS feeds out of the web server? Basically what I'd like to see is a feed each for "watching", "currently recording" and "upcoming recordings". I think it'd be an easy way to share your recording/watching habits (say on your blog) with others and to monitor your own sage activity (or spy on the wife/gf/kids/grand pa/ect.) from anywhere.
Thanks again!
Cool, I finally got my wish!!!

I tried searching and couldn't find anything on the new RSS feature. Is there a way to place the RSS feed into a public/read-only context so that I can add it to my blog as a feed? I tried this setting in the servlets.properties file but it didn't seem to help. I didn't think this would work or be the best way to do this but in experimenting it seemed like the quickest/dirtiest method that might work so it was worth a shot. Thanks again Neilm for the awesome work.

Code:
servlet./sagepublic/RecordingSchedule.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingScheduleServlet
Old 03-29-2006, 02:11 AM
SageTVaholic

following this thread on the daily WTF lead me to realise that there is a huge bug waiting to happen on the webserver: All the set/clear don't like / set/clear archived etc buttons are HTTP Get requests..

Therefore if you are using a web accellerator or pre-caching proxy, you may find all these buttons getting pressed for you... OOps!

Will have to make a quick fix for that, but in the meantime, don't use web accellerators with the webserver

Edit: after panicking a little, I found out that both google's and Mozilla's web accellerators do not prefetch links that have query strings... I am still going to fix it though

Last edited by nielm; 03-29-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

RSS link not working

Installed version 2.7 last night. Love the XML and it's working great. But when I tried the RSS link from the recording schedule I get an error. "unable to open site" The XML link next to it work fine.

Is there something I need to do for the RSS link?

Rick...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I guess I have to add my ignorance as to what I can do with RSS feed. Is it a feed and something I can read with a reader??? If so where do I point the reader to?

EDIT: Well I did get it to work wih a Firefox plug in . I cannot get it to work with xlobby rss feed database. I presume, since it does not end the same as say a yahoo rss news feed that there is some incompatibilties with RSS feeds?

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-29-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Clone Sage

Question for Nielm,

My Sage for the longest time has taken a long time to start up (10+ mins)
Its my WIZ.BIN file. I've had it for 3years now. The problem is that I really don't want to part with it. The main reason is because the IR really works well. Took a long time to "teach it" to record things I like.

My question is,
Is there any way to use the new Webserver to export my Favorites and maybe other past stuff then reimport them back into a new sage? I know you added XML exports but can you import them too? Just so I can keep the good stuff and get rid of the garbage.

Thanks for all the good stuff
Nelson
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to say thank to Nielm, 2.7 works great for me. I setup Newsgator to check my Upcoming Records RSS feed with no problem whatsoever. I'd like to add my vote for a Recording Conflicts RSS feed as well.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:14 AM
SageTVaholic

To those having a problem with RSS feeds: it is possible that the feed reader cannot cope with the authentication DisplacedDimCap's workaround should have worked, but I will have to look into why it did not.

phantomfsoc: not yet -- unless you do it manually!
XML Import is one of the next things on my to-do list: I also want to 'clean up' my wiz.bin (remove old unused channels, remove old unused titles), and the way I was intending was to do XML export of favorites, recordings, and viewing history; then remove wiz.*, and then re-import all the XML stuff into the 'clean' wiz.bin. When it is done, theoretically I should be able to get everything back as it was...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool, thats sounds good. I have no problem waiting it out, so Thanks for the info.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
To those having a problem with RSS feeds: it is possible that the feed reader cannot cope with the authentication
Anyone having trouble can use the free open-source reader at www.feedreader.com - works a treat with the webserver feed and it's free.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Neil ... BRAVO ... you keep amazing me (all of us???). This thing just keeps getting better. Found java script RSS coverter, loaded into web page and now I can keep tabs on Upcoming Recording AND adjust (as I am doing) as need be.

Keep up the great work and get a job with Frey / Sage
Old 03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
To those having a problem with RSS feeds: it is possible that the feed reader cannot cope with the authentication DisplacedDimCap's workaround should have worked, but I will have to look into why it did not.
I think it may have something to do with the authentication being set at the root of the site. So then anything "lower" than /sage requires authentication. I'm getting a 401 error, but in Firefox I can add it as a live bookmark and have it work beautifully, provided I've authenticated previously.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I was just using My Yahoo!'s capabiltiy to read and display RSS feeds. I don't think it allows for authentication. So that very well could be the problem.

Rick...

Tags
web