SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Webserver v2.7 bug - Favorites priority

Adding a new favorite only adds it at the bottom of the prioirity list, no matter whether Default, Above, or Below is selected. Using Favorites to edit a file also doesn't allow the prioiritization.

Used this feature on v2.6 (and LOVED IT!) and it worked fine, so I'm assuming it is a bug, not me using SageTV engine v2.2.8. Any help available greatly appreciated, because I use the webserver exclusively for this.

Thanks, Nielm!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

It's a bug... Sorry... Got my logic in a twist when adding the 'Default' priority stuff
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Sage User

Parental Controls

Hey guys, I'm working on testing out SageTV for use within our schools. We normally used classic TV distribution systems to feed a Comcast cable connection to all the classrooms. But now, we're thinking about using SageTV to replace our classic distribution systems and feed Comcast cable to the computers in our classrooms, which is then fed to a SmartTV (regular TV with VGA connections) for the students to watch. While adding PVR functionality and shared video connections.

Either way, we just got our Webserver setup, and we already love it. We were trying to decide between SageTv and BeyondTv, and because of the expanded functionality of SageTV and customization features (especially the ability to add things like the webserver with little to no effort) we're probably going to choose SageTV.

Anyway, not that you need that whole story, but it kinda sets up the question I have for the Webserver

Because of our classroom nature, we have parental controls enabled (another feature that BeyondTV didn't have) So that Teachers cannot accidentally tune to a channel that has something inappropriate for children to view. I'm sure there are other reasons that parental controls would work in this situation.

EITHER WAY, here's what I'm noticing. When you schedule recordings through the webserver, the program does not check whether or not the program violates the parental controls. It does not prompt for the password you have setup. Also, when the show is recorded and in it's mpg file format, you can easily download the show to your computer and view it. Thereby completely subverting the parental controls. (I realize that there's nothing you can do about the MPG file not being protected) but I'm wondering if there is a way for the Webserver to check whether or not the shows violate the parental controls standard. If so, prompt for a password. Maybe the same for downloading the file as well.

I understand there are other ways around this, such as setting up a read-only user account for teachers, so they can see what's coming up and what's on the TV right now, but have no ability to set their own shows to record. And another account for SageTV administrators, so they can be the one who can setup recordings and judge which shows are appropriate and which ones are not. But I'm just curious if it's even possible to integrate parental controls into the Webserver, some parents might like to see this feature so their kids cannot use the webserver to get past the controls.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error After Install

Installed this plugin today, getting a Java error on the first web page. Any idea what might be wrong? I have IIS on this machine, so I tried changing the port to 8081, but still getting same error.
Currently watching:
On Local SageTV instance:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:126)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 04-03-2006, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgin
EITHER WAY, here's what I'm noticing. When you schedule recordings through the webserver, the program does not check whether or not the program violates the parental controls.
There are no parental restictions coded into the webserver, but the webserver is no different to the Sage UI in this case: you can schedule a restricted recording without entering the lock code - the lock code is only prompted for on playback..
Old 04-03-2006, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen
Installed this plugin today, getting a Java error on the first web page. Any idea what might be wrong?
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
The nielm_sageutls.jar did not unpack correctly, or did not overwrite a previous version you had...
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjam
I'm still having problems viewing streamed video.

A new window opens if firefox
No video shown
then after a few seconds the pause button changes to play.

This is the same error as some else reported earlier but I could not find an answer to his problem

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...vlc#post129108

I check the couple of things that Nielm mentioned.

Anyone any ideas?

JJ
I have a similar problem. I've tried Firefox and I.E. When using I.E. a new browser opens. A white window opens within the browser with the VLC logo in the center. The controls display under the window with Pause being the left most button. Also under the window on the right side is (( Live )) with the 'paren's moving in and out like it's playing. It stops moving when I press the Pause button (which then turns to Play).

Any ideas?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
There are no parental restictions coded into the webserver, but the webserver is no different to the Sage UI in this case: you can schedule a restricted recording without entering the lock code - the lock code is only prompted for on playback..

....so you are correct

Thanks for clearing it up nielm.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm,
There seems to be a bug in the paging links when I "Search EPG" or "Search Imported Videos". The link for page 2, 3, etc give me "File not found" errors. Example link:

http://myaddress:8080/Sage//Sage/Sea...len=100&page=2

I assume it is supposed to be

http://myaddress:8080/Sage/Search?Se...len=100&page=2
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
nielm,
There seems to be a bug in the paging links when I "Search EPG" or "Search Imported Videos". The link for page 2, 3, etc give me "File not found" errors. Example link:
yep.... Sorry! one more for the fix-list!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
The nielm_sageutls.jar did not unpack correctly, or did not overwrite a previous version you had...
Hi neilm,

Thanks for responding. I tried shutting down Sage, moving the nielm_sageutls.jar completely out of the Program Files tree, and then unzipping that one file again. I'm still getting the same problem.

I did learn a few things today. First, all of the other pages work just fine; only the Home page gives this error. Also, I found that if I run Sage as a Service, I don't get this error - the Home page works. However, when I run as a Service, I can't connect to the webserver from any other PC on my network. I've tried changing the default user associated with the Service to be one that I know has Admin rights on the box, but I still cannot access the webserver from another machine.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer...
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen
Thanks for responding. I tried shutting down Sage, moving the nielm_sageutls.jar completely out of the Program Files tree, and then unzipping that one file again. I'm still getting the same problem.
Hmmm.. did you delete the 3 directories mentioned in the install instructions -- especially:
<SageTVProgDir>/net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils

Quote:
However, when I run as a Service, I can't connect to the webserver from any other PC on my network. I've tried changing the default user associated with the Service to be one that I know has Admin rights on the box, but I still cannot access the webserver from another machine.
This sounds like a firewall problem -- the SageTvService.exe may not be allowed to open the webserver port in your software firewall program... (The webserver need no special user privs, even in service mode)

Last edited by nielm; 04-04-2006 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames
I have a similar problem. I've tried Firefox and I.E. When using I.E. a new browser opens. A white window opens within the browser with the VLC logo in the center. The controls display under the window with Pause being the left most button. Also under the window on the right side is (( Live )) with the 'paren's moving in and out like it's playing. It stops moving when I press the Pause button (which then turns to Play).

Any ideas?
Are there other requirements to get streaming to work? Is there some additional configuration that needs to be done on the PC running SageTV, other then installing the Webserver? Something must be doing the streaming from the PC? Is it SageTV or the Webserver Plugin or VLC or??
Old 04-04-2006, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Kudos!

Nielm,

Tonight my 5 year old yells down that some show he doesn't like is on his TV, I popped open the web interface, and changed the channel on his MVP to a different show for him thanks to your plugin!

B
Old 04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames
Are there other requirements to get streaming to work? Is there some additional configuration that needs to be done on the PC running SageTV, other then installing the Webserver? Something must be doing the streaming from the PC? Is it SageTV or the Webserver Plugin or VLC or??
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 PM

Sage Webserver Question?

I am confused. I admit, I havent read all 50+ post yet, but can someone tell me in simple terms what this webserver by nielm does?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyglue
I am confused. I admit, I havent read all 50+ post yet, but can someone tell me in simple terms what this webserver by nielm does?
It really is a wonderful compliment to the PC Interface of SageTV

I'll tell you about what I like.

The Program Guide display is great, it's fast and includes not only the grid display but includes a quick way to view prime time. Then you can display program info as well as record programs directly. It's search function is very sophisticated and fast. Everything is fast.

You can also manipulate already recorded programs (including playing them)

If you have an MVP you can actually control it from the the web pages

There is more as well.

My only complaint is I can't get the web streaming piece to work.

It's a great tool!.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've done some playing around streaming recorded shows. When I stream it from the computer where SageTV is located and the file is stored, it works fine. But not from another computer. The computers are on the same subnet and neither has a firewall enabled. The URL's sent are identical except for the host name.

Here is the one from the "other" computer.
http ://theater:8080/sage/player.html?fntype=url&title=American+Idol+-+&filename=AmericanIdol-211007-0.mpg&MediaFileId=328665

I added a space after http so you could see all of the url

Anyone have this working or have any ideas?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyglue
Suck it and see.
It allows you to use a web browser anywhere to setup recordings, favourites, browse your EPG, see what's recording now or will record soon, and even allows you to setup web access to your documents at home.

It's a wonder...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Is there any way to change the port that the webserver runs on? I think my router just won't allow port forwarding on 8080.

Tags
web