SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gulf
Is there any way to change the port that the webserver runs on? I think my router just won't allow port forwarding on 8080.
Yes, it's specified in the sage.properties file in the sagetv directory.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames
I have a similar problem. I've tried Firefox and I.E. When using I.E. a new browser opens. A white window opens within the browser with the VLC logo in the center. The controls display under the window with Pause being the left most button. Also under the window on the right side is (( Live )) with the 'paren's moving in and out like it's playing. It stops moving when I press the Pause button (which then turns to Play).

Any ideas?
I've solved my problem - it had to do with VLC. Turns out I couldn't play any video files using VLC. I reinstalled and it's working.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Sage User

Alright I tried some different ports 80,81,82 and nothing worked. I also tried disabling windows firewall and my firewall on my router. Still doesn't work externally. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Alright I tried some different ports 80,81,82 and nothing worked. I also tried disabling windows firewall and my firewall on my router. Still doesn't work externally. Anybody got any ideas?
I know a bit about networking, but not a lot. I think you may be better off choosing a very high numbered port (up to 64k?). On my dlink router, port forwarding is called "virtual server" and I used a port in the 19000 range and it worked fine. I tried to specify the default 8080 port and the dlink complained that it was already used. Make sure your router isn't giving you an error that you're missing.

You could try to open a cmd window and do netstat -a, that will display all listening ports. If you've succesfully changed the port you should see many lines, but one of them will be like this:

TCP TheHostName:xxxxxx (where TheHostName is the name of your computer and xxxxx is the port you put in the sage.properties file.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have seen some ISPs (Cablevision jumps to mind) which don't allow ports below 10000 to be accessed externally. This is to prevent users from running "business" servers over residential pipes.

HIH

B
Old 04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you follow the instructions in the wiki for opening or forwarding the port/ip address on your router and have a DNS name that references that IP address? disabling your firewall on your router isn't going to help-you need to forward the ip/port so the you can hit it from the Internet.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Suck it and see.
It allows you to use a web browser anywhere to setup recordings, favourites, browse your EPG, see what's recording now or will record soon, and even allows you to setup web access to your documents at home.

It's a wonder...
Damn! This would kick ass!

So you are basically saying that I can control my sagetv on my home PC from my work PC via the internet?

Do I need the webserver installed on my home PC, work PC, or a seperate PC connected to the home network, or what?

If I wanted to watch a show on my work PC that I just recorded on my home PC, is this possible? If so, what do I need to install on what computer?

I need to get this to check out!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Sage User

User accounts

It's me again Margaret

I am having a rather difficult time with the separate user accounts/permissions setup. Essentially what we want to do is have two different user accounts, one for the SageTV maintenance team, and one for the teachers. The Sage maintenance account would have access to everything. The teachers account would have read-only access so they can see what tuner is on which channels and what's being recorded, but they would be unable to schedule their own shows or delete recorded shows from the web interface.

Here's the user information from my realms.properties file. I have followed instructions from the Wiki and from other posts in this forum, but try as I might...it is not working. I hope you guys can help.

Code:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,teacher:teach

SageTV Web Actions=/sage/RecordingSchedule,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ForceEpgUpdate,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,boesage:$ag3

SageTV Web Actions=/sage,boesage:$ag3
Old 04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

The order of entries is important...
try this:

Code:
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/RecordingSchedule,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ForceEpgUpdate,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,boesage:$ag3
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,boesage:$ag3

SageTV Web Interface=/sage,teacher:teach
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,boesage:$ag3
Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
The order of entries is important...

Could've sworn I had it setup like that once....grrr...anyway. It works now, thanks Nielm!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Did you follow the instructions in the wiki for opening or forwarding the port/ip address on your router and have a DNS name that references that IP address? disabling your firewall on your router isn't going to help-you need to forward the ip/port so the you can hit it from the Internet.

Gerry
I've forwarded each and every port that I tried though my router to my internal IP address. Why should I have to have a DNS name setup if I have the public IP? All I can say is that I do these sort of things on a daily basis. Anyone who has this working please offer any constructive input that you can. I also tried port 25000 and that didn't work either. As a side note, I am port forwading rdp, vnc, bittorrent, and emule ports without any problems. Oh, yea I am on cablevision/optimum online.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've forwarded each and every port that I tried though my router to my internal IP address. Why should I have to have a DNS name setup if I have the public IP? All I can say is that I do these sort of things on a daily basis. Anyone who has this working please offer any constructive input that you can. I also tried port 25000 and that didn't work either. As a side note, I am port forwading rdp, vnc, bittorrent, and emule ports without any problems. Oh, yea I am on cablevision/optimum online.
You're not the only one that does this for a living.
On my router I forwarded port 8080 for TCP to the IP address of my Sage server 192.168.blah.blah and to always allow this. (Dlink 614+)
On DynamicDNS i created an account with my own DNS name that references my public address 68.blah.blah.blah

From outside of my house I input mydnsname.dvrdns.org/Sage/home and bingo-I get my dialog to log in and I get my Sage web page.

I guess you don't really need a DNS name if you don't mind leaving your public IP lying around in someone's Internet cache.

Did you actually verify your setup is working on the local machine with http://localhost:8080/Sage/home or whatever port you think you have it configured for. And do you have any other webservers running on that machine? Could be part of your issue.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 04-06-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage Icon

Nielm, you are my new favorite person. Forever and a day later, I realized that I could use your webserver plug-in to render a SageTV screen inside CQC. The reason this is cool is that I can use CQC to control my HT equipment over RS232, and SageTV for the TV stuff, all on the same screen. Note the top/left nav.

Check it out...

Big thanks, man.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

New version -- mainly bugfixes: V2.8 Apr 07 2006

New version -- mainly bugfixes: V2.8 Apr 07 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-4.1
  • BUGFIX: search pages are correct now
  • BUGFIX: Favorite priority setting now works again
  • BUGFIX: Changed action links into real buttons (avoid possible pre-caching problems)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added num resolved conflicts to home page
  • ENHANCEMENT: IR suggestions RSS feed, Conflicts RSS feed
  • ENHANCEMENT: Removed authentication for RSS feeds
    -- (Record Schedule RSS feed path has been changed you will need to re-add the feed to your reader)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added XML output for conflicts

Note: you may need to refresh your browser after installation to get the latest CSS stylesheets, otherwise you may have odd looking buttons on the detailed info pages...

Last edited by nielm; 04-07-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

You rock!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmm...sadly all of the rss links just seem to point back the web page I'm on instead of actually having rss. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

The rss links should be:
Code:
http://mediaserver:8080/sagepublic/Rss/RecordingSchedule
http://mediaserver:8080/sagepublic/Rss/IRSuggestions
http://mediaserver:8080/sagepublic/Rss/Conflicts
The servlets.properties file got updated in this build to add the sagepublic/Rss servlet -- check that the updated file got installed...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

This addon is brilliant, thanks Nielm!

I've got one small problem though. If I click on for example "additional airings" and the search field contains umlauts (like ä or ö), the text in the search field gets garbled. I noticed that the browser in these cases switches character encoding from iso-8859-1 to utf-8. If I first change to 8859-1 and then correct the text, the search works. I get the same behaviour in both IE and Firefox.

Is this a bug in the webserver, or in windows? Or maybe usage error?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

If I type those RSS urls into my browser they work fine, but the orange RSS buttons don't seem to take me to those urls.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
If I type those RSS urls into my browser they work fine, but the orange RSS buttons don't seem to take me to those urls.
It's working beautifully for me, thanks Neilm!!! Sounds like some files didn't get overwritten with the new version. I'd suggest making sure you have a good back up of your important Sage files and folders (better safe than sorry), exiting any open clients, stopping the service, and then overwriting all the webserver files again with the most current version, with the exception of any of the *.Properties files you've modified of course. Start everything back up and give it a try. I can't say for sure that'll fix your problem but it's not a bad place to start.

Thanks again Neilm

Tags
web