SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
This is going to sound stupid, but what do I have to do to "run the full UI"? I upgraded from v2.8 to v4 to v5 in very quick succession, and thought I did it right. (Even think this worked on v4.)

I have the SageTV service running to record programs; I have a SageTV process running to be the viewer. Is there more to it than that?

Thanks!
So you learn something new everyday. When you run the service you need to also run Sage as a client (sagetv.exe on the server) and add the webstart to the Sageclient.properties file using a different port. Or don't run the service and run sagetv.exe. You will get the UI (user interface)and it also runs as the server. The webstartup would be in the sage.properties file for it to work with the default port.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Surprising problem(s)

As it turns out, I (originally) had everything configured correctly, but a DISASTROUS problem. My C: drive ran out of space, due to a log gone crazy. Consequently, my .properties files for SageTV were both truncated. I can't even figure out how that machine continued to work at all during that period. VERY strange.

A good history of backups is invaluable, and all back as it should be by basically replacing the truncated part with the backup.

Thank you all for the help. All is once again as it should be, and the other recent system errors in my life are probably related to that.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Sage User

will any versions work with sageV5?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklaz
will any versions work with sageV5?
Worked just fine with v5
Old 05-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Sage Expert

color epg

i have switch to v5 (with the german gui). now in web epg the movies..ect.. are not with color.

all are blue..also in the upcoming recording..but the old recording are with color.

cu
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to list music file

Is there a builtin way to list all music files albums, tiltes or playlists without doing a search first? .. and on top of that can we play files directly from a playlist? If not this would be a great addition and yet another way areound the flawed music interface ...

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

RSS for recordings?

Is there an RSS for recordings?
Old 05-08-2006, 03:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
I currently encode some of the series I want to keep to WMV. ...
I use Webserver to change the File start time back to 0..... but this changes the EPGID.

If I unselect Generate New EPGID.. the file gets deleted.
Found out why this was occurring... If the Show ID, the Airing Start Time and Duration are the same, Sage keeps the old Airing ID... Which means that the file does not get renamed, and then when the old Sage DB entry is deleted, the file also gets deleted...

For the moment, consider the 'do not Generate New EPGID' as unsafe -- it will probably be OK if you change the airing start time, or the airing duration... I will have to figure out a different way of doing this...
Old 05-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignarps
I love this mod. I am getting this error when I have an MVP plugged in.

Fri 4/28 15:50:25.161 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ObjectLjava/lang/Object;
Fri 4/28 15:50:25.190 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ObjectLjava/lang/Object;
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.908 Exception in the MiniUIClientReceiver of: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.909 Killing UIMgr UIManager:localhost@@000dfe077b48
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.910 Seeker.finishWatch(UIManager:localhost@@000dfe077b48)
I get the exact same problem. Sage v5, MVP, webserver plugin 2.8. Would love to know how to fix it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignarps
Fri 4/28 15:50:25.161 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
check that nielm_sageutls.jar in the JARs dir matches the one in the webserver zipfile; check that you have deleted any net/sf/sageplugins folders in the sagetv home dir (as mentioned in install instructions). Other than that, can you let me know where you saw that error, and check if there is something similar but more detailed in the webserver log file (webserver/log directory)
Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Power off MVP from WebRemote

I am trying to figure out a way to turn the mvp player off remotely from the internet. I have been playing around with webremote. I am able to use the power command, but this only puts it to sleep or wakes it up. Does anyone know of a command that will power the MVP down.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

neilm,

Is there a "Context" that will check all clients if the webserver is running on the server? I'm talking about the currently playing screen.

Jere
Old 05-10-2006, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Jere: no. Sage has no API which can tell you what the Sage Clients (as opposed to extenders/placeshifters) are doing -- the only workaround would be a webserver instance running on each client.

banmj -- there is no Sage API that can remotely power down the MVP -- there are rumours of a port on the MVP that you can telnet into though...
Old 05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to stream whole albums? I don't see a way to play the entire album using the webserver (i'm probably missing it though). If I click on the first song in the album it only plays that one and stops...
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Did a fresh install of 5.02 with 2.28 webserver
When I choose Watch (local file) and choose Media Player.. get a black box.. no stream.. When I install VideoLanClient.. does not play or even make a call to videolan.. says error on page on the bottom of the browser. Am I missing something? Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Did a fresh install of 5.02 with 2.28 webserver
When I choose Watch (local file) and choose Media Player.. get a black box.. no stream.. When I install VideoLanClient.. does not play or even make a call to videolan.. says error on page on the bottom of the browser. Am I missing something? Thanks
The default install of VideoLan does not install the plug-ins for IE and Mozilla. You need to select those manually during the install.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the tip Dragon!
I reinstalled and checked everything.
Now I can go to Watch Streamed and VideoLan plays however when I choose Watch Local nothing starts regardless if I choose VideoLan or IE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon
The default install of VideoLan does not install the plug-ins for IE and Mozilla. You need to select those manually during the install.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Thanks for the tip Dragon!
I reinstalled and checked everything.
Now I can go to Watch Streamed and VideoLan plays however when I choose Watch Local nothing starts regardless if I choose VideoLan or IE.
Same here. I never have gotten Watch Local to work -- which I really don't need since I have SagePlaceshifter and the WatchStreamed.

Of course, what is "watch local" supposed to do? Does it copy the entire file to the current client and then play it -- if so, that will take a few minutes to transfer a 2GB file across the network from the SageTV server. I'd rather watch it streamed...

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Expert

Then i am content if it doesn't work on someone else's setup
Thanks again

Quote:
Same here. I never have gotten Watch Local to work -- which I really don't need since I have SagePlaceshifter and the WatchStreamed.

Of course, what is "watch local" supposed to do? Does it copy the entire file to the current client and then play it -- if so, that will take a few minutes to transfer a 2GB file across the network from the SageTV server. I'd rather watch it streamed...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Of course, what is "watch local" supposed to do?
it tells the media player plugin to play the file directly from the disk path shown in the detailed info page... (it uses the 'file playlist' that is also on the detailed info page)
This will only work if
  • you are on the server
  • or you are using UNC paths with appropriate share permissions
  • or if you are using drive letters, and the PC you are browsing from has a mapped drive to the server drive with *exactly* the same drive letter/path to the video files...

Tags
web