SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Have you checked out all the instructions on the Sage TV Web Interface wiki?

The installation instructions also cover using it on a client, and there is a link that explains how to configure for remote access.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage User

well i guess that wont work for me because the client is too much for the 600mhz I wanted to use it on
Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

I don't know if you're misunderstanding this plugin, but you install the webserver as per the instructions on your Sage server. Then by putting in the ip address of your Sage machine e.g.
http://128.168.1.1/sage/Home
you can run the web interface from any PC with a web browser on your network - no install is required there, just a browser. External to your network, you can do the same using your external IP as long as you set up the routing through the router.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage User

ok nice
i thought it would be kind of weird if it only worked on the computer with sage installed!!!

I will install it this afternoon and come back if (when) i run into trouble

thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage User

how am i supposed to edit the .properties files?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmpower
how am i supposed to edit the .properties files?
Do you mean the sage.properties file? If so, just close SageTV (or stop the service) so it isn't running any more. If you edit the file while SageTV is running, any changes will be ignored & overwritten.

After closing SageTV, you can edit the properties file in any text editor -- Notepad works, but be sure to uncheck Format -> Word Wrap. You should probably make a backup copy before you try editing it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Sage User

yeah i fugured that out. I went through the directions several times but it still wont work.

i go to http://localhost:8080/sage/Home and the page can not be displayed. I added the 3 or so files to JARs, coppied teh webserver folder in the same directory the jars folder is in, I also coppied it to the frey/sage tv folder, and i edited the 2 files.

any ideas? i had sage completly shut down during whole install and im running 5.0.4 with the newest web server
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Sage User

well i think the directions say to edit the wrong file because i edited the sage.proerties file in program files/sage tv not the frey folder, and now i am a little farther. Now the login comes up but i cant login

ok it seems as the directions were wrong for both now i got it working, now to get it working on my laptop

Last edited by nickmpower; 06-20-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Sage Icon

If you are a new user with 5.0.4 there would never have been a "Frey" folder.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a Roku M1000 SoundBridge--it's just a network MP3 player--but it has a big VFD display and a RSS ticker screen saver. Right now I have it showing the web server addon's Upcoming Recordings RSS feed. It's good, but it's too much data. I don't need episode titles and descriptions on that display.

An alternate RSS feed would be even better for my needs; really, all I want is what's recording now (in the feed's title) and what show is recording next as a single entry. I'm going to try assembling such an RSS file myself using scripts running my web server, pulling data in from the Sage web server, but I thought I'd throw out a feature request for even more RSS export.

Anyway, this addon is fantastic. Another benefit to ditching Beyond TV...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Do I have to configure this Plugin in anyway to get it to work with Placeshifter. I am using placeshifter at work and while it is connected I try to open up the web interface and I reciever the following error.

Code:
Currently watching:
On Sage Extender at 0007e95c08bb: [XML]

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:151)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Everything else runs fine when the placeshifter client isnt running.

Miller
Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Just as a point of reference, I am able to have both the Placeshifter client & this web interface connect at the same time.

I don't know if it could make any difference, but are they both configured to use the same port to connect to the server? That's my only uninformed guess.

- Andy
Old 06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
Do I have to configure this Plugin in anyway to get it to work with Placeshifter.
no
Quote:
I am using placeshifter at work and while it is connected I try to open up the web interface and I reciever the following error.
Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
Check that nielm_sageutls.jar was installed correctly (check that it has the same date/time and size as the one in the webserver zipfile)
Check that there is no net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils directory tree in your Sage program directory, and if there is, delete it.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Check that there is no net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils directory tree in your Sage program directory, and if there is, delete it.
The only directory there is net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu "sageutils" is not there

The version of the jar file is 15KB 10/9/2005 @ 11:47 PM so that would be where the problem is.

Thanks for the help!!

Miller
Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

Favorites problem

For the first time, I tried to set up a favorite through the web server and it doesn't work.

I am using the latest version (2.8 I think) when I use the Search EPG, it will find the show. I then go into the detail and say SET FAVORITE. It will come up with the screen but nothing ever happens to the favorite list. If I try to hit SAVE FAVORITE button at the bottom of the screen, the next page just says ERROR.

I am running my server in service mode..... cvould this be it?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Worked for me just now (also service mode) -- when you say 'Error', is it just that? Does the show name have any special characters (&+) in it?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Worked for me just now (also service mode) -- when you say 'Error', is it just that? Does the show name have any special characters (&+) in it?
On the show I'm trying to do, there is an exclamation mark in the title. Could that be messing it up? I tried on another and it worked fine.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

Question I'm w/ Stupid

I'm not normally this dense, but maybe it's to do w/ the clock showing near midnight.

Went to http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall
and followed it to the sourceforge download page for v2.8. Then went through the wiki page line by line to install it. Something seems odd to me that the link in the directions points to a place that doesn't appear to exist in the directory structure. I can load any of the html files in webroot/sage/ by opening them in a browser. However, when I try to use the localhost link in the wiki I get the error:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.
Even tried 127.0.0.1:8080 "Home" just doesnt seem to exist. Did I miss something trivial?

Edit: Like I said "I'm w/ Stupid." Should have RTFM a little closer (Troubleshooting). 8080 was in use locally by something. Changed to 808 and it seems to be working.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Last edited by hemicuda; 06-28-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
I'm not normally this dense, but maybe it's to do w/ the clock showing near midnight.

Went to http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall
and followed it to the sourceforge download page for v2.8. Then went through the wiki page line by line to install it. Something seems odd to me that the link in the directions points to a place that doesn't appear to exist in the directory structure. I can load any of the html files in webroot/sage/ by opening them in a browser. However, when I try to use the localhost link in the wiki I get the error:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.
Even tried 127.0.0.1:8080 "Home" just doesnt seem to exist. Did I miss something trivial?
Any chance you are running Windows XP? My guess would be a possible FireWall block on port 8080.. force that port open on both server and client and see if it changes anything...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Any chance you are running Windows XP? My guess would be a possible FireWall block on port 8080.. force that port open on both server and client and see if it changes anything...
I use a form of 'secure' login to my box at home via SSH port forwarding. All my traffic goes through 127.0.0.2: port format. My initial trouble was on the laptop where it seems something else has 8080 tied up or blocked. That port works fine on the box at home though. Thanks.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Tags
web