SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Sage User

I think I see one small thing that isn't working as intended. I'm trying to list up some Video's following the example given on the customization page. In my menu I am listing Video=Video. I set my path and alias up. When I click my Video menu it wants to go to http://localhost:8080/sage/video but shows nothing. When I go to http://localhost:8080/video my items list fine. Is it not intended to use menu's to get to say videos?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

First off - Great plugin - thanks!

I set up a timed recording and the month is off. October=November November=December etc.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
The web request that does the delete returns a 302/redirect value instructing the browser to go to a different page, so I guess if the file is deleted, the redirect is failing...

Which browser are you using?
I was using IE when the problem occurred.

Chris
Old 11-24-2004, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebucky
I think I see one small thing that isn't working as intended. I'm trying to list up some Video's following the example given on the customization page. In my menu I am listing Video=Video. I set my path and alias up. When I click my Video menu it wants to go to http://localhost:8080/sage/video but shows nothing. When I go to http://localhost:8080/video my items list fine. Is it not intended to use menu's to get to say videos?
you can put any URL in the menu, but you are entering a relative path relative to the /sage web path, so ot goes to /sage/video. You need to enter Video=/video to go to http://localhost:8080/video
Old 11-24-2004, 03:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting7777
I set up a timed recording and the month is off. October=November November=December etc.
D'oh! Will be fixed shortly!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAllenFiz
I was using IE when the problem occurred.
I will change the redirect method in the next version to see if it helps...
Old 11-24-2004, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Am I missing something, but I cannot find where to add a Favorite???

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-24-2004, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

What you see is what you get (for the moment!)
(so no favorites, playlist management, system setup etc etc etc)

Its more of a 'Oh I forgot to set the PVR for xxx' or a 'whats on tonight' type of tool...
Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

nielm,

a thought: If the user has enabled and added MPEG4 re-compression, it would be nice to be able to choose "compress" and enact the compression to start via the web server. This would make streaming an easier option via the web... :-)

just a thought.

thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any chance that you could add a 'cancel recording' option? I keep seeing stuff that IR is recording and it would be nice to be able to stop those recordings remotely.

Andy.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Sage User

Nielm,

I think I found one minor bug. After you mouse-over the three menus to expand them, they will not hide themselves again unless you click the menu title.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Is there any chance that you could add a 'cancel recording' option? I keep seeing stuff that IR is recording and it would be nice to be able to stop those recordings remotely.
Same as in sage -- set the show to Don't like or Watched to stop IR from recording it. This is why there are checkboxes in the Upcoming recordings, and an 'action on selected' dropdown at the bottom.
(manual recordings have a Recording Options/Cancel Recording button)
Old 11-25-2004, 01:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari52oo
I think I found one minor bug. After you mouse-over the three menus to expand them, they will not hide themselves again unless you click the menu title.
Yep -- next release will have auto-hiding menus...
Old 11-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Yep -- next release will have auto-hiding menus...
nielm~

Since you're obviously working on another version of the web server, are you taking requests?

I think it would rock if I could access the libraries as well as the sage recordings.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 11-25-2004, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

next release will be bug fixes only, until I decide where I want to go with this...
Old 11-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's great great great! I'm loving it... I just installed it and it looks great. I'll now test it but I'm confident.

CONGRATULATIONS... It's all I was waiting for

Ferdinand
Old 11-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Parental Codes

Just setup webserver and it worked in one shot along with IP Forwarding on my Linksys Router so I can access from work on the internet :-)

One problem I see. Recordings that need parental code input dont prompt you from the browswer. The prompt just sits at the TV and you cant remotely start programs from that point on.

Also what am I doing wrong concerning Channel Logos?
I copied my current channellogos folder from my SageTV directory to the Sage directory in the Webserver/sage location but they still dont show up in my Browser
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I copied my current channellogos folder from my SageTV directory to the Sage directory in the Webserver/sage location but they still dont show up in my Browser
Are all of your logos in .GIF format? The web server will only do JPEG. That, and you need to enable the display of logos (the selection is available from the bottom of the Grid View page).
Old 11-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

I believe the channel logos are case sensitive. They need to be spelled exactly the way the call lets are shown which is normally all caps. So you could have CBS.jpg and it would work where cbs.jpg would not.

Nice catch on the parental codes.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
One problem I see. Recordings that need parental code input dont prompt you from the browswer. The prompt just sits at the TV and you cant remotely start programs from that point on.
oops! I will have to look into how to fix that!
Quote:
Check the docs for a couple of ways to debug this..
Its not a case-sensitivity issue as Windows filesystems are not case sensitive

Tags
web