SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I disabled that window with the --dummy-quiet VLC option because it breaks full screen exclusive mode

I tried looking for the vlc process to start in Process Explorer and it doesn seem to Start. Now I haven't rebooted this box since I install VLC that may be the culprit. Ill reboot it when My wife is finished watching her soaps/talkshows ..

Technazz
Old 03-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I tried looking for the vlc process to start in Process Explorer and it doesn seem to Start. Now I haven't rebooted this box since I install VLC that may be the culprit. Ill reboot it when My wife is finished watching her soaps/talkshows ..

Technazz
Theoretically, the boot wouldn't make a difference, but who knows (it's Windows, right?).

I've been running the webserver as part of SageTV(service) and haven't had this issue (I'm also using Sage 5.04/JRE1.4.2_13).

If you don't see the vlc.exe process at least attempting to start in the task manager process list, then it could be some type of permission problem related to a java process (sage) trying to launch an application.

Things to try:
1. Like nielm said, perhaps the the sage debug logs will provide more information.
2. Try running sagetv as a service.
3. Look into Java (I know, this is vague, I'm not familiar enough with the security model to give any more information here.)
4. Try running vlc transcode process from the command line on the server with the specified parameters.

vlc -I dummy --dummy-quiet --quiet --no-sub-autodetect-file %LOCAL_PATH% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=768,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=128,channels=2,threads=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=8000}}

E
Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
V2.13 Mar 20 2007 For SageTV 2.2-6.1
BUGFIXES
  • v2.12 only worked with SageTV6, this version should restore backward compatability.
Great release, Nielm, et. al! So you know, the backward compatibility works great on v5. Will let you know if/when there is anything wrong, but I like the additions and rely on this often.

Minor complaint... I spent some time reworking the web remote and it wasn't added to the package. Granted the icons I mouse drew sucked... But the functionality is there, and I figured someone could contribute that. Worst case, no worries, as I just don't overwrite mine with each release.

Anyway... Thanks for keeping SageTV so productive for me. I really love and value this plugin most of all!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Love the new installer, I would like to see 4 things though. One thing would be the option to not have a username and password in the installer, I don't know about others, But I have no need for the username and password and end up having to go in and manually remove them.

The second thing is, I would like to get rid of the root index page, You know the one that says "Nothing to see here", Its just a minor annoyance to me to have to replace it with a redirector page everytime I reinstall it.

The 3rd thing is a little tougher, I don't even know if this is possible, I would love a way to use the webserver to Import/Export or backup Recording schedule, such as favorites, and scheduled recordings.

And the 4th, I suspect is impossible, But worth a shot, A way to add and remove channels via the web interface would be outstanding.

I doubt My suggestions will change much but those are thing I would love to see.

Other than that Keep up the absolutely Awesome, Wonderful, Great I can't say enough about it work.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I am not sure I understand whats happening here...

Are the songs disappearing from the playlists stored in Sage (check the playlist contents in the Sage UI), or only from the exported playlists in the webserver?

Are the playlists and exported playlists fine, but the songs are disappearing from Winamp's playlist?
The playlist contents show up fine in the Sage UI, they no longer show up on playlists from the webserver. I don't know if maybe this is winamp's fault somehow or what. The songs gradually started disappearing until now where they don't play at all.

The playlists on the hard drive with the music are fine...the ones that I download through the webserver now seem to be corrupt. I think it started happening after I upgraded from 6.0.19 (currently 6.1.4), but it may have been prior to that upgrade. When I download a playlist through the webserver and try to view its contents with notepad all I see on the list is "#EXTM3U", nothing below it.

Does this sound like a webserver issue, a sage issue, or maybe winamp?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
Yay for updates!

1) Does the self installer operate as a working upgrade package, or should I stick with the zip?

2) You wouldn't happen to have a Mac and know how to get VLC to recognize in either Firefox or Safari. I have tried everything I could possibly think of. I had to even edit your code to get the server to recognize that VLC exists! Once I click a video, i get "<no video>" in the little player window. I think it has to do with the mac VLC plugin for firefox, but not sure. Either way, for some reason sage web server won't acknowledge a valid VLC install.
Just found this today. It isn't really evident when you go to their web site. Note: This did not work for me remotely. And I am struggling with the VLC transcode option now as well.

B

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Web Browser plugin for Intel (9.6MB)

http://www.videolan.org/mirror.html?...8.6a-intel.dmg

Web Browser plugin for PowerPC (9.4MB)

http://www.videolan.org/mirror.html?...6a-powerpc.dmg
Old 03-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Just found this today. It isn't really evident when you go to their web site. Note: This did not work for me remotely. And I am struggling with the VLC transcode option now as well.

B

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Web Browser plugin for Intel (9.6MB)

http://www.videolan.org/mirror.html?...8.6a-intel.dmg

Web Browser plugin for PowerPC (9.4MB)

http://www.videolan.org/mirror.html?...6a-powerpc.dmg
bcjenkins,

What kind of problems are you having and what's your system config?

SageTV version:
SageTV as service?:
Java version:

Thanks,
E
Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emok View Post
bcjenkins,

What kind of problems are you having and what's your system config?

SageTV version:
SageTV as service?:
Java version:

Thanks,
E
Cool, thanks for the help.

Server: Windows 2003 Ent Ed.
SageTV 6.1
SageTV Runs as service. User is member of Administrator group
Java 1.6
No Firewall

VLC provides this error:

access_http: error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not found
access_http: error: HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
access_mms: error: HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
main: no suitable access module for `http://192.168.0.198:8080/sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode?MediaFileId=2145336&mode=vlc&vc=mp4v&vb=256&ac=mp3&ab=96&scale=0.3&mux=ts&deint=1'

FYI VLC plugin works on Mac in Camino (gecko) browser. I can watch video now over the WLAN.

B
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the help.

Server: Windows 2003 Ent Ed.
SageTV 6.1
SageTV Runs as service. User is member of Administrator group
Java 1.6
No Firewall

VLC provides this error:

access_http: error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not found
access_http: error: HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
access_mms: error: HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
main: no suitable access module for `http://192.168.0.198:8080/sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode?MediaFileId=2145336&mode=vlc&vc=mp4v&vb=256&ac=mp3&ab=96&scale=0.3&mux=ts&deint=1'

FYI VLC plugin works on Mac in Camino (gecko) browser. I can watch video now over the WLAN.

B
Can you also attach the webserver logfile (I believe it's located at <SageDirectory>/webserver/logs)?

Thanks,
E
Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

[Wed Mar 21 11:43:55 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:54:52 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:56:54 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:58:44 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 14:24:18 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 20:57:35 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 20:59:07 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults

All that was in the log.

Thanks again
Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
[Wed Mar 21 11:43:55 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:54:52 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:56:54 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 11:58:44 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 14:24:18 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 20:57:35 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults
[Wed Mar 21 20:59:07 EDT 2007] /sage/Recordings: invalid value: 'GetShowExternalID' found for option: sagetv_recordings_sort using defaults

All that was in the log.

Thanks again
From the vlc and server logs, it looks like the request is not being handled by the embedded webserver. The HTTP 404 response code indicates a "page not found".

It could be that the servlets.properties file did not get updated properly because the new servlet mapping for "MediaFileTranscode" doesn't seem to exist.

Can you verify that this mapping exists in the servlets.properties file?

Did you install with the installer or using the zip file?

Thanks,
E

Last edited by emok; 03-21-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Theoretically, the boot wouldn't make a difference, but who knows (it's Windows, right?).

I've been running the webserver as part of SageTV(service) and haven't had this issue (I'm also using Sage 5.04/JRE1.4.2_13).

If you don't see the vlc.exe process at least attempting to start in the task manager process list, then it could be some type of permission problem related to a java process (sage) trying to launch an application.

Things to try:
1. Like nielm said, perhaps the the sage debug logs will provide more information.
2. Try running sagetv as a service.
3. Look into Java (I know, this is vague, I'm not familiar enough with the security model to give any more information here.)
4. Try running vlc transcode process from the command line on the server with the specified parameters.

vlc -I dummy --dummy-quiet --quiet --no-sub-autodetect-file %LOCAL_PATH% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=768,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=128,channels=2,threads=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=8000}}

E
1. Which logs sagetv? Ive attached both Webserver and Sage Client Logs

2. Im now running the SageTv Service with no change.

3. Im lost here

4. I ran this from the cmd prompt and it did start the vlc in my process monitor. But i could not get the transcoding to work with this vlc process running.

Thanks

Technazz
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (44.1 KB, 242 views)
File Type: txt AWS-20070321_114422.log.txt (21.9 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by technazz; 03-21-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
1. Which logs sagetv? Ive attached both Webserver and Sage Client Logs

2. Im now running the SageTv Service with no change.

3. Im lost here

4. I ran this from the cmd prompt and it did start the vlc in my process monitor. But i could not get the transcoding to work with this vlc process running.

Thanks

Technazz
1. This log you recently attached actually brings up a different bug. Mainly to do with segmented files (where sage had to create multiple files for a single airing).

2. As for your original problem. For the sage service, are you running as the system user?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
The playlist contents show up fine in the Sage UI, they no longer show up on playlists from the webserver. I don't know if maybe this is winamp's fault somehow or what. The songs gradually started disappearing until now where they don't play at all.
When you view the playlist in Sage, what happens when you click on a track... Do you get a popup with 'view details', or do you get a popup with 'Delete this missing segement'

If the latter, the problem is in Sage: It has lost the link between the songs in your playlist and the songs in your media library, and you will need to recreate the playlists in Sage. If these are 'imported' playlists, just delete the playlist in sage, then rescan media lib...

Otherwise, I don't know -- if the playlists generated by the webserver are empty, then the problem is either in Sage or the webserver, and if the playlists play fine in Sage, then that rules that out! I will add some more logging in any case.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001 View Post
Love the new installer, I would like to see 4 things though. One thing would be the option to not have a username and password in the installer

The second thing is, I would like to get rid of the root index page, You know the one that says "Nothing to see here", Its just a minor annoyance to me to have to replace it with a redirector page everytime I reinstall it.
both of these are done for security reasons, because the web interface will be used for access from the internet. Once the user/pass is set or commented out, it will not overwrite it.

Quote:
The 3rd thing is a little tougher, I don't even know if this is possible, I would love a way to use the webserver to Import/Export or backup Recording schedule, such as favorites, and scheduled recordings.
Fave export is there (Fave manager/XML buttom), but import is not... I know this seems daft, but I have never had the time nor the need to create an import function... (I guess the day after my Wiz.bin gets corrupt, it will be there)

Quote:
And the 4th, I suspect is impossible, But worth a shot, A way to add and remove channels via the web interface would be outstanding.
it's technically possible, but I am unlikely to do it, as I have no need for it. Any advanced Sage config like this I do via VNC.

Last edited by nielm; 03-22-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

2. As for your original problem. For the sage service, are you running as the system user?

I think so I just have one user account and it has full admin but i do not log in.

Technazz
Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Sage User

Can see video but no audio

The server seems to be working great apart from watching recorded programmes.
If I click on the Watch (Streamed) option then I can see the programme in VLC but cannot hear any audio. This happens on all of my computers.

I cannot get the transcoding to work at all. VLC on the remote machine spends a while processing the stream and then gives up.

The recordings are all from a DVB-T card.

The computer that SageTV is installed on is:

P4 3.4Ghz
1Gb RAM
Windows Vista Premium
SageTV 6.0.19

I have tried streaming to a Vista machine, Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro but all with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_wood View Post
The server seems to be working great apart from watching recorded programmes.
If I click on the Watch (Streamed) option then I can see the programme in VLC but cannot hear any audio. This happens on all of my computers.

I cannot get the transcoding to work at all. VLC on the remote machine spends a while processing the stream and then gives up.

The recordings are all from a DVB-T card.

The computer that SageTV is installed on is:

P4 3.4Ghz
1Gb RAM
Windows Vista Premium
SageTV 6.0.19

I have tried streaming to a Vista machine, Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro but all with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you trying to stream HD? When I copy an HD file to my desktop (Mac computer) it won't play audio, when I use MPlayer it does.

B
Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
From the vlc and server logs, it looks like the request is not being handled by the embedded webserver. The HTTP 404 response code indicates a "page not found".

It could be that the servlets.properties file did not get updated properly because the new servlet mapping for "MediaFileTranscode" doesn't seem to exist.

Can you verify that this mapping exists in the servlets.properties file?

Did you install with the installer or using the zip file?

Thanks,
E
Thanks for the diagnosis. The properties file had not been updated. FTR - I used the zip file so I didn't overwrite my realms.properties file.

Transcoding seems to work alright too.. I found the speed test page humorous. See attachment. You may want to add a third reason for high speed. A really kicking internet connection. (I love my FiOS)

Other than that I'll run through the profiles to see what works and what doesn't.

B
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (177.9 KB, 279 views)
Old 03-22-2007, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Feature request: Update server to newer version

Niel,

The newest version of TJWS supports both HTTP and HTTPS in the same instance. I would like to be able to do this.

Full feature/bug improvements:

* nohup option
* getSession() never null fix pointed by Warren E. Downs
* most of 2.4 done, fixed messed sessions when browser sends more than one session cookie
* session persistence between server re-runs (here are some issues when classes loaded under WEB-INF/..)
* fixes realm not got applied to servlets, hanging when accessed reserved device, like con:, prt: pointed by users (Niel Markwick, and others)
* added J2EE web app deployment and JSP support (GNU JSP) as a separate module
* support of filters and listeners, requested by Argan
* keep-alive support, requested by Torben Bruun
* err option to keep System.err unchanged or customize it, requested by Xavier
* many keep-alive fixes came from Martin Egholm Nielsen
* fixes in web app servlet most reported by Nicolas Prochazka
* supporting HTTP and HTTPS transports in the same instance
* exit out of serve() by André Kischkel
* thread pooling for servicing requests
* unavailable, and path pattern related fixes
* web app launcher including embedded .war
* JSP engine with spec 2.0/2.1 support as Japser