SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I found the speed test page humorous. See attachment. You may want to add a third reason for high speed. A really kicking internet connection. (I love my FiOS)
How did you get to the speed test page? I can not seem to find it. Using ver. 2.13
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Click on Watch (Streamed)
and then at the top of the list of transcoded modes there is a link to the speed test page
Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Haven't tried the new version yet, will do when I get home tomorrow.

One query: is it possible for the homepage, when it shows what is playing on the extenders, to show whether they are playing or paused? The kids have a nasty habit of leaving livetv shows paused, which means we keep recording all subsequent shows. If I could see it was paused, I could make it a manual recording and stop playback, stopping it using one of my few tuners for the next three days solid...

Or I could just threaten to take the MVPs off them.

Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post

One query: is it possible for the homepage, when it shows what is playing on the extenders, to show whether they are playing or paused? The kids have a nasty habit of leaving livetv shows paused, which means we keep recording all subsequent shows. If I could see it was paused, I could make it a manual recording and stop playback, stopping it using one of my few tuners for the next three days solid...

Thanks!
You can use the web remote and kill the playback with the stop button too.

B

EDIT: Any way to friendly name your extenders? Tried as I might I can't memorize the units' mac addresses.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You can use the web remote and kill the playback with the stop button too.
Thanks, yeah, knew that. Problem is, I don't want to do that if they are actually viewing, just if they've paused it and gone off to school etc.

Quote:
EDIT: Any way to friendly name your extenders? Tried as I might I can't memorize the units' mac addresses.
Nope, but I have two extenders (so far) and only two kids (ever), and I know that the extender with a "C" in its MAC belongs to the kid without a "C" in her name...when I get the next two MVPs (if they ever come back into stock) I'll be lost...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks!
Okay.. Try two!

If I read this correctly, http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...59&postcount=1

And you're a programmer, you could build a query in studio and add it in to the web server as a module.

HIH

B
Old 03-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
And you're a programmer, you could build a query in studio and add it in to the web server as a module.
I am a programmer (amongst many other things) but I was kind of hoping that someone else would do it for me...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am a programmer (amongst many other things) but I was kind of hoping that someone else would do it for me...
Well.. If it is any consolation, if I knew how I would. Seems to be a useful feature. We have the now playing, shouldn't be too hard to get current status of now playing.

IsPlaying

public boolean IsPlaying()

Returns true if the MediaPlayer is currently playing back content (i.e. content is fully loaded and not in the paused state)

Returns:
true if the MediaPlayer is currently playing back content, false otherwise

If there is a web control for that API, is it what is needed?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having trouble with UPnP port forwarding. I am trying to connect using spysurfing.com proxy and it fails. If I manually forward port 8080 it works fine. I know UPnP is working on my router because xfire and utorrent are both successfully using it. I checked the box to use UPnP when I upgraded the webserver and Windows Firewall is disabled.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the diagnosis. The properties file had not been updated. FTR - I used the zip file so I didn't overwrite my realms.properties file.
The installer is intelligent enough not to do this

(do you really have a 5Mbit uplink?!)
Old 03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
This reminds me, will the new installer respect my additions to menu_items.js?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage User

hey, i was about to post how I have vlc http interface and http streaming
working fine from my htpc/sage webserver thru my office firewall/proxy

At my office, I can only use ports 80, 1080, and 8080, and it has to go thru the proxy

webserver on port 80
vlc http interface on 8080
vlc http stream on 1080

this is my vlc transcode setting that works very well, i only have @ 666 kbps up...

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=256,scale=0.5,acodec=mpga,ab=96,channels=1}:std{access=http,mux=mpeg1,dst=:1080}

my server is a p4m 2ghz laptop, and doesn't seem to have much trouble transcoding with the above setting.

I was thinking how I could get the vlc http interface embedded into the web server...
which would allow pause/seeking.

I'll install 2.13 soon , and start tweaking..

thanks for 2.13
Old 03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This reminds me, will the new installer respect my additions to menu_items.js?
Unfortunatly not... (it is mentioned in the Installation instructions) I cannot see any way at the moment of keeping user-modified menu items when adding new menu items..
Old 03-22-2007, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
Minor complaint... I spent some time reworking the web remote and it wasn't added to the package.
Sorry, I completely missed this when you posted it!
It will be in 2.14...

As will Extender MAC Addr->name translations, and an indication of 'Paused' on the home page
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I cannot see any way at the moment of keeping user-modified menu items when adding new menu items..
It's not possible to have an include in there for a separate file? That would be great...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I'm having trouble with UPnP port forwarding. I am trying to connect using spysurfing.com proxy and it fails. If I manually forward port 8080 it works fine.
UPnP piggybacks onto Sage's Placeshifter UPnP, so can you go into Detailed Setup/Server/Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection/Configure, and check that it UPnP Automatic is enabled.
You may need to restart the server if it is not.

You can also check the UPnP page on your router webadmin to see if the ports are forwarded.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
As will Extender MAC Addr->name translations, and an indication of 'Paused' on the home page
Fantastic!
But I wonder where the extender naming happens?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
UPnP piggybacks onto Sage's Placeshifter UPnP, so can you go into Detailed Setup/Server/Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection/Configure, and check that it UPnP Automatic is enabled.
You may need to restart the server if it is not.

You can also check the UPnP page on your router webadmin to see if the ports are forwarded.
So I need to have version 6 for UPnP? I'm still running version 5.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

(do you really have a 5Mbit uplink?!)
Verizon Fios 30mb dn / 5 mb up

Last edited by bcjenkins; 03-22-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: fixed a momentary lapse of thinking
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Verizon Fios 30mb dn / 5 mb up

Tags
web