SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
oops! I will have to look into how to fix that!
Check the docs for a couple of ways to debug this..
Its not a case-sensitivity issue as Windows filesystems are not case sensitive

DUH!!!!! Didn't see CHANNEL LOGOS ENABLED Option...within the browser options....Nevermind!

Again, I really have to sing my praises with this plugin.. it is FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!! Frey should take this plugin and cayars latest STV and make it part of the core package! Then again, I guess having SageTV extremely simple out of the box leaves enhancements like these possible. Just would be such more of a selling point if all of these functions were out of the box.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-26-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problems with SSL

Hi,

first and formost, this has got to be one of the best tools going for Sage! Thanks nielm for all the hard work

Now the bad news, I've tried a number of different posted solutions, but for some reason I get the same error message no matter what I do:

[Couldn't create custom socket factory Acme.Serve.SSLServerSocketFactory or call creation method. Standard socket will be created. java.lang.ClassCastException]

my .keystore file is in it's default location, but I have tried to put the absolute path in to the propities file to no avail.

Any help appreciated.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Sage Expert

I am such a geek! I hit a wi-fi spot while shopping today and programmed my sage from my Palm. Works great using my Palm's Web Pro
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 11-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature....

I just found the Custom Channel-Grid option. I really like this because although I have nearly 100 music channels defined in Sage, I don't need them to be displayed by the webserver.

Is there a way you can make my selection the default for future visits to the Guide? (I use Grid View). Currently I have to re-select my displayed lineup every time I visit the page. I guess a 'reset' option to reselect all channels would also be in order.

Andy.

Last edited by AndyS; 11-27-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
I just found the Custom Channel-Grid option.
Is there a way you can make my selection the default for future visits to the Guide? (I use Grid View).
either set it as a traditional bookmark (making sure that the startdate/starthr URL arguments are not set) or add it to your menu.properties:
My Channels Grid=EpgGrid?Channel=x&Channel=y?Channel=z
You can of course then add
My Channels PrimeTime=EpgGrid?starthr=18&Channel=x&Channel=y?Channel=z
etc etc etc...
Note that process running the webserver needs a restart to re-read menu.properties.
Note also that you need to avoid that your text editor word-wraps the line
Old 11-28-2004, 04:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron.smythe
[Couldn't create custom socket factory Acme.Serve.SSLServerSocketFactory or call creation method. Standard socket will be created. java.lang.ClassCastException]
I have never even tried running SSL on my system, but a quick look at the code has me stumped, and I know others have this working! Which Java JRE are you running?
Old 11-28-2004, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Recordings that need parental code input dont prompt you from the browswer. The prompt just sits at the TV and you cant remotely start programs from that point on.
Quick question on this:

Does this occur when setting a program to record, or does it happen when starting to watch a live or pre-recorded program via the web browser...

(if the latter, then I will not do anything about this! -- its the same type of issue as when you start watching a program and don't have enough spare tuners: the UI will present a pop-up that has to be handled by the UI)

(parental restrictions do not work for me as I dont have the EPG data that includes the restrictable categories, so I cannot do any testing on this)
Old 11-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Quick question on this:

Does this occur when setting a program to record,

or does it happen when starting to watch a live or pre-recorded program via the web browser... (if the latter, then I will not do anything about this! -- its the same type of issue as when you start watching a program and don't have enough spare tuners: the UI will present a pop-up that has to be handled by the UI)

(parental restrictions do not work for me as I dont have the EPG data that includes the restrictable categories, so I cannot do any testing on this)

Never tried when setting a program when it records.

Yes it is the latter, but the problem is it SHOULD prompt you because you can not control the tuner remotely from this point on. Sometimes one doesn't know if there is a parental restriction on a recording until this prompt pops up
Old 11-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Sage Expert

Another request I have is to be able to search the EPG for any phrase.
I believe right now you can only search program titles but I would like to be able to type in an actors name and find all programming related to him/her. Is this possible in future releases?
Thanks
Old 11-29-2004, 01:17 PM

Webserver port

First of all thanks for the great addon. However my company blocks port 8080 and I've tried to edit the sage.properties file "nielm/webserver/port" to a different value, but everytime I restart sage tv it revert to 8080. I believe I did it correct in word pad no wrap and even reopened the file and it is correct, but restart tv services and it's 8080 again. Works fine from a compute on my network. I would like to schedule from workl
thanks
Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi nielm,

I'm running 1.4.1_02, woops time for an upgrade I think!!

Maybe that's the issue.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:19 PM

webserver port revisited

I guess just threatening the computer to post scares them. I did find an autoback of sage properties and changed both to a different port and of course it worked.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Laurion
paths bug?

Here's an apparent bug:

# http URL to aliased path to video directory -- see aliases.properties
# note that host name is not specified to build a relative URL
# d:\sage-video\=http:/video/

Only, it doesn't work that way in Safari on my mac. It works fine under Firefox on the PC, but the mac gives me http:/video/filename ... which is exactly what the web server is passing it, so why should it treat it like a relative URL? Is there some way instead that the webserver could take a webroot address as an argument, and build a full URL off of that? Or should I just edit my line to read the equivalent of

d:\sage-video\=http://myhostnameorip/video/

?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurion
Only, it doesn't work that way in Safari on my mac. It works fine under Firefox on the PC, but the mac gives me http:/video/filename ...
Thats a bug in Safari, but you have already figured the workaround:
Quote:
Should I just edit my line to read the equivalent of
d:\sage-video\=http://myhostnameorip/video/
?
yep..
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Yes it is the latter, but the problem is it SHOULD prompt you because you can not control the tuner remotely from this point on. Sometimes one doesn't know if there is a parental restriction on a recording until this prompt pops up
You have the same problem if a tuner is recording something, or if you have run out of tuners and you remotely start playback of livetv -- these both put popups on the UI screen...

The thing is, even when you are remotely shecduling it, someone is sitting there watching the TV, so I would assume that they could cancel the popup...
Old 11-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You have the same problem if a tuner is recording something, or if you have run out of tuners and you remotely start playback of livetv -- these both put popups on the UI screen...

The thing is, even when you are remotely shecduling it, someone is sitting there watching the TV, so I would assume that they could cancel the popup...

OK thanks
BTW, I've been using it everyday for the last 5 days and it works great.
I'd like to be able to search for wildcards when doing program search and lastly is there a way that I can view my photos with the web browswer without having them copied to my local sage machine? I was hoping I could use the network path for photos like the way Sage is currently accessing them.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
I love this plugin, I wish it had also some streamer capability to watch video trough the web... I know that there are some java applications that do stream video out trough web... Yes, I am not looking for God knows what quality, but just simple way to watch something trough the web interface... Example, I am at work and I recorded some news broadcast, wouldnt it be nice to be able to watch it at work in a small window? yeah that would be awesome....

Problem that I can see is only probably the conversion to a streaming format... oh well, it was just a thought and something that would be just an extra feature....

Great job, this is amazing, I think this plugin should be standard installation of Sage, it shouldbe part of Sage....

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

I second chrysek's suggestion. I had just finished typing out a similar request. I can think of how I might watch something using using WM Encoder and girder to trigger to encoder to start streaming but it would be cumbersome and would not allow streaming of live TV. I would also like to watch news over the webserver if it is possible.

Lain
Old 11-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

If it were possible to remotely trigger a compress routine (that is already integrated to a lot of STVs) one could set the destination to a mapped folder and view it remotely that way. It wouldn't be streaming per se, but it would require MUCH less work to implement.

The only part missing is the trigger from the webserver.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Connection reset when attempt to access server from Internet

Hello,

First, let me join the chorus in saying the is ONE TERRIFIC plug-in - should definitely be a part of the core!! Lookin' forward to more!

I installed webserver, picked up on the zip -> jar file issue. I'm able to access the webserver from my internal network, but errors out when attempting to connect via the Internet. I am using Linksys and have forwarded the default 8080 port to the SageTV PC. No prob with Linksys forwarding other ports for other apps (VNC, Remote Desktop, etc.) Below is the only info that is reported in the webserver\log file:

[Fri Nov 26 16:39:49 EST 2004] Reading request: Connection reset

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Tags
web