SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

2.16 problems :(

I installed 2.16 and ran into a brick wall. help!

IE6 SP2 works just fine.
FF 2.0.0.4 - Problems!!

1) the min-width issue of disappearing show information is still true.
2) Click on a show and WOAH - major issues. The menu on the left is incomplete and there is a bunch of error messages:

Quote:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.contains(Ljava/lang/CharSequenceZ
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:979)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:95)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1567)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1542)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1429)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I don't get it I've reinstalled the websever, flushed caches and reloaded many times to absolutely no avail.

I've attached a screenshot of Problem #2.
Attached Images
File Type: gif javaerror.gif (43.0 KB, 308 views)
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani View Post
I installed 2.16 and ran into a brick wall. help!

IE6 SP2 works just fine.
FF 2.0.0.4 - Problems!!

1) the min-width issue of disappearing show information is still true.
2) Click on a show and WOAH - major issues. The menu on the left is incomplete and there is a bunch of error messages:
1) do a CRTL-F5 to force a refresh of the CSS/JS
2) enable referer logging as a workaround (it uses referer logging to return to a previous page after a delete)
Old 06-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

2.16 IE6 affected too

No amount of reloading has fixed it.

I just also noticed that I was wrong about IE6 - It is affected as well. It appeared the first time I used it I looked at an upcoming recording show's detailed information. Those are correct in both IE6sp2 and FF2004.

However, IE6sp2 shows the same java error messages as FF when looking at the detailed information for a show thats already been recorded.

Quote:
Exception while processing servlet:
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:979)
at java.lang
I don't get it. I do not allow Java updates on the Sage box since people were posting warnings about Sage not liking any java version other than the one it ships with. Any idea of whats going on or should I just downgrade back to 2.15?
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani View Post
Any idea of whats going on or should I just downgrade back to 2.15?
I used the java function string.contains which is not in java 1.4.. you will either have to upgrade java (1.6 works very well) or use webserver 2.15.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I used the java function string.contains which is not in java 1.4.. you will either have to upgrade java (1.6 works very well) or use webserver 2.15.
Whoohoo! that (upgrading Java) fixed it. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:05 AM
Sage User

Using Diferent CSS files

I would like to use one CSS file for my desktop and one for my pocket PC. How do I setup the server to have 2 home pages? default would go to the desktop CSS, and then adding a switch, or referencing a diferent home.html file would route to the PPC CSS.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2007, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestshakleton View Post
I would like to use one CSS file for my desktop and one for my pocket PC. How do I setup the server to have 2 home pages? default would go to the desktop CSS, and then adding a switch, or referencing a diferent home.html file would route to the PPC CSS.
It's not currently possible, but it is something on my to-do list...
Old 06-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
What is the cleanest way to uninstall the webserver in order to start over? I am testing things out with the XBMC script and I need to back up a couple version to see where things went screwy, and I want it to be as clean as possible.
I guess I just install an old version over the new one to go backwards?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

I just upgraded from 2.13 to 2.16 and something is wrong or a setting is wrong in 2.16. The SageTV Recording page would list a series of recordings with the same title but in multiple folders. What is going on here? In 2.13, it places all series with the same title in the same folder. I did not change any of the listing options. Is this a bug?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I guess I just install an old version over the new one to go backwards?
Yes - to go back with the installer based versions you simply install over the old one. It is nice enough to ask if you want to keep your user+pwd settings.

If you want to go back to earlier versions you unzip the archive in the SageTV directory. You will get a JAR and Webserver folder. In the webserver folder you have to copy your realms.properties to keep user+pwd settings.

Stop and start Sage to load the new version.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I just upgraded from 2.13 to 2.16 and something is wrong or a setting is wrong in 2.16. The SageTV Recording page would list a series of recordings with the same title but in multiple folders. What is going on here? In 2.13, it places all series with the same title in the same folder. I did not change any of the listing options. Is this a bug?
Are you seeing multiple folders on the same page, or is it over multiple pages?

If it is the latter, then this is normal: the grouping into folders only occurs after the data has been split into multiple pages.

You can disable the paging by setting the 'results per page' option to be a large number, but this may slow down the response...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Webserver version 2.16

Picture files ...
I cannot get the preview image option to work. Currently no image is displayed in the detailed Information page once the search results thumbnail has been selected

I am currently using the Java 1.6 as you indicated earlier and I have refreshed a number of times as well as test with both IE 7.0 and Firefox 2.0.0.4.(Sage v 5.xxx)
Below is the error message I receive when I use the Preview Image or View Preview link.

I tried with all the Preview Image Width: all to no avail
Quote:
Exception while processing MediaFile Servlet:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sage/media/image/ImageLoader
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sage/media/image/ImageLoader
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ResizedImageServlet.doServletGet(ResizedImageServlet.java:86)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
thanks
Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Picture preview only works with Sage 6 or higher -- there should be code to test this and use the thumbnail if V5 or earlier, but I guess it is not working... I will look into it...
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Are you seeing multiple folders on the same page, or is it over multiple pages?

If it is the latter, then this is normal: the grouping into folders only occurs after the data has been split into multiple pages.

You can disable the paging by setting the 'results per page' option to be a large number, but this may slow down the response...
the latter, and I set it to 500 per page and that works, now it displays the groupings like in previous version. Oddly, setting to "All" does not change anything, its still showing multiple pages.

Just curious, what criteria does it use to separate groups when set to multiple pages?

Lastly, this is a feature request, is it possible to add options to send Video Conversion commands to the server? Will we see this feature in future versions?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
the latter, and I set it to 500 per page and that works, now it displays the groupings like in previous version. Oddly, setting to "All" does not change anything, its still showing multiple pages.

Just curious, what criteria does it use to separate groups when set to multiple pages?
. Ah. "All" doesn't work... One more for the bug list

For grouping when paging, it first sorts all recordings by the sort criteria, then splits them into pages, then groups them. So it a set of recordings spans a long time, and you are sorted by date, it will have several groups over several pages, but the datespan of the recordings in one page will be coherent.

I avoided paginating the Recordings for a long time because of the apparant wierdness of this grouping. There are 2 options:

Group then page -- 1 large group may be split over many pages. Looks really odd when sorted by date as older files will be displayed on pages before newer files.

Page then group -- you see smaller groups on several pages, but the dates within a page are coherent.

If you are using intelligent sort, then it probably looks very wierd... Probably best to use date sort as the default...

Quote:
Lastly, this is a feature request, is it possible to add options to send Video Conversion commands to the server? Will we see this feature in future versions?
At some point, yes. Along with a feature to dynamically convert and download a file...
Old 06-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Playback of music files from external application

I saw this command in your docs:

"http://localhost:8080/sage/MediaFileCommand?command=WatchNow&context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI&FileName=c:\Sage-Video\Film-1419604-0.mpg"

I am able to play music files by passing the filepath. Works great !!! even to a MVP.

I would like to send commands to playback from a selected playlist/genre/album.

How can I accomplish this ?

Anymore documentation on commands supported by the webserver ?

Thanks.

Jamie.

Last edited by OHDino; 06-13-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

nielm, is there a way to make the background image repeat itself? It looks odd when the browser window is wider than the background image. I modified the original image so that it repeats without border edges, I'll attach it to this post. It took me 20 minutes to do, mostly spent on figuring out Gimp (almost like Photoshop) on Ubuntu. Feel free to use it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Background.jpg (22.2 KB, 313 views)

Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a setting that lets me bypass the delete confirmation?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Sage Icon

I am trying to get the delete function for the XBMC script working again, but the additional confirmation prompt is causing it to fail. Is there a command I can send to immediately delete the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDino View Post
Is there a list or can you make one that documents the commands?

Last edited by kricker; 06-15-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDino View Post
I would like to send commands to playback from a selected playlist/genre/album.
How can I accomplish this ?
Not currently possible...
Quote:
I am afraid you will have to work with what little documentation there is, combined with following what your browser is doing (firefox's liveheaders plugin may help)
Quote:
nielm, is there a way to make the background image repeat itself?
2 pages back
Quote:
Is there a setting that lets me bypass the delete confirmation?
Add &confirm=yes to the URL (see the source of the delete confirmation page)

Tags
web