SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Thanks, that worked perfectly.
Please use my repeated background image for future releases, that way I don't have to change it again when I upgrade.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

willdo...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
I am afraid you will have to work with what little documentation there is, combined with following what your browser is doing (firefox's liveheaders plugin may help)
Bummer, ok hunting around it is then
Quote:
Add &confirm=yes to the URL (see the source of the delete confirmation page)
Sweeet. I'll give that a go, thanks.

UPDATE:
I installed liveheaders in Firefox and still all I see is a pop-up asking me to delete and nothing refering to the web command sent I'll just tinker around and see if I can get the '&confirm=yes' in the right place.

OK, I just added it to the end and it worked. Thank you!

Last edited by kricker; 06-19-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Sage User

So installed the latest Nielm Webserver, got the same error as the guy a few posts back, so I installed the latest java, 1.6, and that error is gone. However, my same error when trying to "Edit Show" is still there (see page 79 of this thread). I'm the guy using SageTv 2.2.8!

I thought you had mentioned adding some backwards compatibility with this release, but if not, then I will patiently await that glorious day!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

Question

I'm getting a command not sent error when I try to add a favorite through the webserver v2.14.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It got implemented in the latest version 2.15 (sorry, should have posted in the other thread)

you need to create XML files of the format listed here, which in the simplist possible form, would look like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageShowInfo PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.2//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/sagexmlinfo/sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd">
<sageShowInfo version="1.2">
    <showList>
        <show>
            <title>My Show Title</title>
            <episode>Episode Name</episode> 
            <category>Category</category> 
            <subCategory>Subcategory</subCategory>
            <description>This is a short description of the show</description>
            <airing 
                    duration="3600" 
                    startTime="2006-03-21T17:00:00.00Z">
                <mediafile
                        type="TV">
                    <segmentList>
                        <segment 
                            filePath="C:\TV\Manix Series 01\S01E01.MPG"/>
                    </segmentList>
                </mediafile>
            </airing>
        </show>
    </showList>
</sageShowInfo>
The only odd criteria is that the file timestamp must be equal to the start time + duration, otherwise it looks like the show was recorded very early or very late.
I plan to work around that in a future version, and in the meantime it can be fixed with edit show info...

Each file will have a corresponding Show element...
I've been tinkering with a way of bringing numerous data sources together to frankenstein an XML file that can load into your webserver. It has been an adventure to just get the XML working right (will be burning DOM in effigy once I get this working). I've got a file that meets the criteria above, but when I import it gives me a "Failed to parse XML for airing: sageDbId "" is not a number" error. Should I put a dummy sageDbId in as a placholder?

PS - Is there a trick to getting the !DOCTYPE to generate in the MSXML calls?

TIA for any help you can offer.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 06-27-2007, 05:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
It has been an adventure to just get the XML working right (will be burning DOM in effigy once I get this working).
I know what you mean...
Quote:
I've got a file that meets the criteria above, but when I import it gives me a "Failed to parse XML for airing: sageDbId "" is not a number" error. Should I put a dummy sageDbId in as a placholder?
Sorry, thats a bug in my importer... yes, just put a dummy number there (0). (There are enough checks to see that it does not clash with a real number)
Quote:
PS - Is there a trick to getting the !DOCTYPE to generate in the MSXML calls?
No idea, sorry (I use Java's DOM to build my XML.), but googling for DOCTYPE MSXML gave some hints...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
I'm getting a command not sent error when I try to add a favorite through the webserver v2.14.
Can you be a bit more specific? How are you adding favorite? How is the error reported?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

It seems to be a combination of the settings that generates the error. I couldn't get any one option to 'crash' it. Actually added, deleted, and re-added that show 4-5 times with different changes before I got the error. This is the typical set of options I use though.

Went back to check some other combos before I posted and now I can't get it to error using the attached options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fave-setup.jpg (129.5 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg web-error.jpg (61.0 KB, 272 views)

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Playing transcoded streams on Pocket PC

At the moment, I can only do this via Orb.
I'vce had to uninstall Orb as it uses 100% CPU once an hour and casues sage to lock up sometimes.

I'me using the 256Kbit de-interlace 1/3rd size stream which, according to the webserver log, should give me a WMV stream. When I try to play this stream on my mobile, I get 'Unspecified Error' on the player. The line in the log is: -
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I dummy --dummy-quiet --quiet --no-sub-autodetect-file "\\netstore01\PUBLIC\(TV Recordings)\Kids\Shaun\Shaun the Sheep-Bull and Saturday Night Shaun.avi" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=192,scale=0.3,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2,threads=2,deinterlace}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=127.0.0.1:8000}}

Has anyone got this to work?

I get this error if I'm using WiFi or HSDPA on my mobile. If I use my laptop media player, it work well.

Last edited by motobarsteward; 06-28-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
It seems to be a combination of the settings that generates the error.
I cannot be sure but I suspect a Firefox bug... There is no code path that will lead to the page being generated without specifying a 'command'...

Next time it happens, can you hit 'Back' in your browser, and then retry 'Save' without changing any other options. If it works, it is likely to be a FF bug. It it still generates the error, can you attach the page source of the page with the 'Save' button...
Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Howdy,

I'm sure this was probably asked somewhere but in 84 pages, I didn't find it with a quick look....

Is there any way to view a list of Imported Videos like I can view them within Sage? THe only thing I see right now is that I can do a Search on the Imported Videos but can I just get a folder view?

The way I see it in Sage is I have folders setup for my various topics and then the files inside there so I don't just get one huge list of files which is what I do get when I do a Search on the files and just leave everything blank.

I'm sure I can make do but it'd be really helpful to get a folder view.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

kelemvor: No..

Last edited by nielm; 06-28-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

?
Quote:
No..
Nielm, Is this the reply to MotoBarStewards or kelemvor's post?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

kelemvor's -- I dont have a pocketPC so cannot help...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I know what you mean...Sorry, thats a bug in my importer... yes, just put a dummy number there (0). (There are enough checks to see that it does not clash with a real number)
No idea, sorry (I use Java's DOM to build my XML.), but googling for DOCTYPE MSXML gave some hints...
Thanks for the tip. I had to use XMLLOAD as a brute force workaround to get the !DOCTYPE node generated. After making a few attempts, it appears that the duration attribute is also required on the mediafile and segment elements. I was able to get a working import file and it is attached.

When I look up the show in the websever, I don't see the new information in the Show Info. Am I missing a step to get the info associated with the file in Sage?
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageShow.xml.txt (893 Bytes, 231 views)
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Sage User

RSS

I have been reading and saw that there is a compatibility issue with java 1.6. When I click on rss there is an error downloading. I am using ssl and port 443. Will this work. Do I need to forward another port? I am running sage 6.19 and the latest webserver. I don't know much about rss. I
Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Using a Pocket PC to watch live TV

It can be done! I've sussed it! You can't use the PocketPC built in windows media player. You use TCPMP and configure that application to be the fefault player for *.wvx files. It only works with with the following streams: -
256kbit deinterlaced third-res
480kbit deinterlaced half-res
896kbit deinterlaced full-res
Select the wvx download and away you go!
You can get TCMP from http://www.tcmp.com
It's taken me a long time to get this working and I had the solution on my pocketPC all along!

One small downside, vlc doesn't seem to want to product a stream below 64Kbit
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I know what you mean...Sorry, thats a bug in my importer... yes, just put a dummy number there (0). (There are enough checks to see that it does not clash with a real number)
nielm - I will come to Belgium (actually I'll meet you at the end of the last train stop from Den Haag Centraal my next time over) and buy you a beer if you can point me in the right direction. I'm still searching for the import2archive holy grail.

I think I've got an XML file to import correctly (at least no parsing errors show up on file load). Yet when I search for the title (only shows up in imported videos), none of the information I've imported (title,episode,category,subCategory,etc.) is associated. Is there a good way to verify that an XML import attaches information to the right filename?

Jumping ahead, I can see where editing the data will generate a new epgid and rename the filename accordingly. This will cause the file to show up in archived listing. Is there a bulk way to do this (assign new epgid and rename target filename)?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
You can get TCMP from http://www.tcmp.com

Just a quick correction...

http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

This is the latest 'free' version... 0.72RC1

CorePlayer (non-free) is now at 1.1.1...

http://www.corecodec.com/forums/index.php?topic=227.0

-Jason

Tags
web