SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Java Exception

I'm getting this trying to view the description of the "currently watching" show in the webserver

Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.contains(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.contains(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Z
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:979)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:95)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1567)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1542)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1429)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
What does it mean?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
It can be done! I've sussed it! You can't use the PocketPC built in windows media player. You use TCPMP and configure that application to be the fefault player for *.wvx files. It only works with with the following streams: -
256kbit deinterlaced third-res
480kbit deinterlaced half-res
896kbit deinterlaced full-res
Select the wvx download and away you go!
You can get TCMP from http://www.tcmp.com
It's taken me a long time to get this working and I had the solution on my pocketPC all along!

One small downside, vlc doesn't seem to want to product a stream below 64Kbit
Can you make a step-by-step guide how I can watch recorded MPEG2-files per streaming on my PocketPC?

I have VLC installed on the server. What must be configured? Webservers transcode.properties? Which keys?

And what settings do I need in TCPMP? To what URL do I have to connect? What port? etc.

Thanks for a quick guide!

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
Java exception

nielm,

I've been using the area for edit show info and found a problem. I've done hundreds of shows that I've imported quite successfully and added the show info to but today I accidentally added a show with identical air times and recorded channel. I can only assume that sage didn't like the duplicate showings with different show titles being recorded on the same channel/time. The result was a java exception and both the entries in the guide being quite messed up (I wound up deleting both and reimporting with different show times). I figured you'd want to provide for the error handling since it was really a data entry problem on my part that caused the problem in the first place and once I figured out what I'd done wrong it was simple enough to resolve.

Mike
Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Angry

This is happening for previously recorded shows as well. It looks like this junk has replaced the delete option. I have attached a screenshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
I'm getting this trying to view the description of the "currently watching" show in the webserver

Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:979)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:95)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1567)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1542)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1429)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
What does it mean?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (193.1 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by BlueH2O; 07-05-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
Can you make a step-by-step guide how I can watch recorded MPEG2-files per streaming on my PocketPC?

I have VLC installed on the server. What must be configured? Webservers transcode.properties? Which keys?

And what settings do I need in TCPMP? To what URL do I have to connect? What port? etc.

Thanks for a quick guide!
Note: I don't have a PocketPC to try this on.. But it sounds like you need to download TCPMP, install a recent version of Nielm's webserver and configure your PPC device to use TCPMP as your default player. And when you would navigate to your SageTV webserver, open the recording and choose watch streamed. It would work with one of the wvx stream types.

B
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
This is happening for previously recorded shows as well. It looks like this junk has replaced the delete option. I have attached a screenshot.:
It's a bug in the current version that means that you need Java v1.6 -- It will be fixed in the next release
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Smile Possible Addition

Just wanted to say thanks, I have been using this for a long time now. With very positive results. But, I was wondering if you could look at making an addition to the view recording page. I would love to able to start a compression job from within the webserver. Anyway Thanks again for a great Addon.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

Any idea if the java server supports byte-range requests?

Thanks,

B
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Request for Nielm (or any other web formating guru):

Any chance to make a pocket-pc friendly browser? I've gotten this working to stream live and recorded shows to my Samsung blackjack but the web interface is so cludgy on the tiny screen. It takes like 9 clicks to get to the proper streaming screen.

Thx
Old 07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
\Any idea if the java server supports byte-range requests?
yes (for static files-video/music/pics)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

In what file would you post mime types for the web server?

In particular: video/mp4 mp4

Thanks,

B
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Its hardcoded for the moment. I will add it for the next version
Old 07-30-2007, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

Parsing favorites based on actors. It appears that it doesn't like the element <person>. I was able to parse it by commenting out your second line in the XML code. Maybe there is something in the sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd that is causing the error.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageShowInfo PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.2//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/sagexmlinfo/sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd">
<sageShowInfo version="1.2">
    <channelList/>
    <favoriteList>
        <favorite favoriteId="3878855">
            <person>Julia Roberts</person>
            <firstRun/>
            <reRun/>
            <autoDelete/>
        </favorite>
    </favoriteList>
    <showList/>
</sageShowInfo>
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

nyplayer: yep I noticed this one -- a person needs a role in the dtd -- It will be fixed in the next version
Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question Restriction in size of exported playlists to 30 items

I clicked the button in my SageMC interface to form a playlist containing all the music on my system (>4000 tracks). When I click the 'export playlist option on the web interface, I only get the first 30 or so tracks in the playlist. Is this a feature or bug?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Nilem,

I do a lot of moving files to my import directory at certain times of day. I do not like to refresh my import folder automatically. Is there a way that using your web browser I can issue a refresh command to the import folder.?? I currently use your web browser to detect when sage is not recording for an extended amount of time... I use this time to move files and would like to resfresh then.

Thank You.

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-01-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

MOTOBAR Steward...

I loaded TCPMP to my pocket PC..I made it my default...

I navigate just fine to the web interface...and select a video to watch or music to listen to.

When I press watch stream...I just get

Sage Media Player and the name of the selection..but no video or sound.

So, I tried clicking on one of the settings you suggested and on WVX in external player and I get an error that ends in VLC...and the error says, "invalid file format"...

I know I have VLC as my default on my server, but not on my PPC.

Also, I just tried networking over to my server and playing the files. When I clicked on the video files, they came up in TCPMP, but an error said, can not play MPEG-2...

Any help?

Gary Ellis

Last edited by garyellis; 08-06-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
MOTOBAR Steward...

I loaded TCPMP to my pocket PC..I made it my default...

I navigate just fine to the web interface...and select a video to watch or music to listen to.

When I press watch stream...I just get

Sage Media Player and the name of the selection..but no video or sound.

So, I tried clicking on one of the settings you suggested and on WVX in external player and I get an error that ends in VLC...and the error says, "invalid file format"...

I know I have VLC as my default on my server, but not on my PPC.

Also, I just tried networking over to my server and playing the files. When I clicked on the video files, they came up in TCPMP, but an error said, can not play MPEG-2...

Any help?

Gary Ellis
Make sure that you are trying to play a WMV stream. I havn't sytematically tested the other coding streams but I do know that it TCPMP won't play 3gp or MPEG2. But it plays the 256 and 480 Kbit WMV streams. I had a play around with the setting file on the server and I was able to get my pocket PC to play down to 64 KBit but nothing lower. I don't think the VLC codec will encode to lower bit rates than 64 KBit.

I don't understand what you are asking about having VLC standard on the Server but not the PPC? VLC encoder is installed on your server when you install nielm's Web server. You don't need to make any changes on your server for it to work. When you install TCPMP on your pocket PC, all you need to do is to make TCPMP the default playe for WVX files (the files that tell the media player the format of the media stream)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I clicked the button in my SageMC interface to form a playlist containing all the music on my system (>4000 tracks). When I click the 'export playlist option on the web interface, I only get the first 30 or so tracks in the playlist. Is this a feature or bug?
Nielm, is this the case, do you restrict the playlist generation to 30 items?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nielm, is this the case, do you restrict the playlist generation to 30 items?
Sorry, forgot to answer you when I tested. No there is no restriction (I just created a playlist of all my 6000 tracks). Check the webserver logs for any output, and check the playlists themselves to see if any java exception junk got dropped into them...

Tags
web