SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
I had a play around with the setting file on the server and I was able to get my pocket PC to play down to 64 KBit but nothing lower. I don't think the VLC codec will encode to lower bit rates than 64 KBit.
What setting did you play around with on the server? Where do I find them?

The error that I am getting says "unknown file format"....sounds like to me the player is not recognizing the WVX file type or that the webserver is not sending a WVX type..I checked and the player has WVX associated to the player. Also, when I go to imported music, I click on the selection (mp3 file) and it does not start the player.

Thanks for explaining the VLC thing...I am set up properly for that. And I am using WVX...It just won't play, yet...

Thanks for the help...

Gary Ellis

Last edited by garyellis; 08-07-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
It's a bug in the current version that means that you need Java v1.6 -- It will be fixed in the next release
Any word on when this will be fixed -- I think I have Java 1.6 on my server system and I'm still seeing this issue.

- Jeff
Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
What setting did you play around with on the server? Where do I find them?

The error that I am getting says "unknown file format"....sounds like to me the player is not recognizing the WVX file type or that the webserver is not sending a WVX type..I checked and the player has WVX associated to the player. Also, when I go to imported music, I click on the selection (mp3 file) and it does not start the player.

Thanks for explaining the VLC thing...I am set up properly for that. And I am using WVX...It just won't play, yet...

Thanks for the help...

Gary Ellis
I'm at work at the moment so can't remember where the config file for the VLC transcoder is in the web server. I'll get that info for you this evening.

In the mean time, the server should work 'as installed'. I didn't have to change anything on the server at all. My breakthrough was using TCPMP rather than the Microsoft media player. I'll double check the server config file again tonight but I'm pretty sure it's unchanged. Several other people have got it to work. My ontly other thought is that TCPMP may use the microsoft codec on the Pocket PC. It's possible that your Pocket PC has an older / different version of the Microsoft codecs on it. My machine has 10.2 Build 14955 on it. It's a 2005 sersion OS.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Sage Expert

The dell Axim is pretty old and I have never really updated anything on it. It does have windows media player 9, though...

I'll keep playing around with it, but, I'm still stuck...

my OS says 4.20.1081 (build 13100)

Thanks for the help,

Gary Ellis

Last edited by garyellis; 08-08-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The dell Axim is pretty old and I have never really updated anything on it. It does have windows media player 9, though...

I'll keep playing around with it, but, I'm still stuck...

my OS says 4.20.1081 (build 13100)

Thanks for the help,

Gary Ellis
VLC streams MS Video 9.0. Your problem may be related to the audio stream?

Anyway, I don't have a WindowsMobile 2003 machine anymore with Media Player 9.0 so I don't think I will be able to help you, sorry.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Sage Expert

yep..I'll keep trying things..

Its funny because I can network over to my server using the PPC and I can play an MP3 file using TCPMP....but, when I tried to play it using the Web Interface...I click on Stream and it doesn't even go to the TCPMP program...

Gary
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
yep..I'll keep trying things..

Its funny because I can network over to my server using the PPC and I can play an MP3 file using TCPMP....but, when I tried to play it using the Web Interface...I click on Stream and it doesn't even go to the TCPMP program...

Gary
Ohhhhh. I don't know about that. All my experiments were to get WMV streaming to work. MP3 should work using windows media player.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to answer you when I tested. No there is no restriction (I just created a playlist of all my 6000 tracks). Check the webserver logs for any output, and check the playlists themselves to see if any java exception junk got dropped into them...
OK, looked at the logs and I have thousands of entries like :-

[Wed Aug 08 21:05:53 BST 2007] /sage/PlaylistGenerator: ExportAiring: No mediafile for airing: A[1155724,1155723,"Highlights of War of the Worlds (Musical)",0@0925.22:50,4]

But all differrent (I'm not sad enough to have thousands of copies of War of the worlds! )

The 30 odd files that do make it into my playlist don't have errors, and infact are not even mentioned in the logs.

I have checked. My entire CD collection has not disappeared and all of the files do exist.

Any ideas nielm?

EDIT: Just dleted my Playlist in Sage and re-created it. Everything now works! No errors in the log file. I have a feeling that I may have created the playlist some time ago with a different version of sage and/or SageMC. It moves around with the WIZ file.

So, problem has gone away. Down to user stupidity!

Last edited by motobarsteward; 08-08-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Playlists are a bit wierd -- when files are removed (eg when you re-import) they stay referenced in the playlist, but as a 'ghost' file. Sage only chechs for the existance of these 'ghost' file, and tries to map them to real files when you play the playlists.

Recreating the playlist, or just playing the playlist should fix the problem.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

new version 2.17

New version 2.17 released:

v2.17 08 Aug 2007
BUGFIXES:
  • Picture Detailed Info: restore pre V6 compatability
  • Edit Show info: Restore pre SageTV v5.0 compatability (another attempt)
  • remove width: auto CSS (triggers Firefox rendering bug)
  • make detailed info work with JRE 1.4 again
  • make 'all' items per page work.
  • fix XML importing where showID, AiringID is blank
ENHANCEMENTS
  • use mayamaniac's improved tileable bkg image
  • add css file for 'handheld' mediatype (default file just disables bkg image for the moment: enhancements welcome!)
  • add experimental support for custom css ('theming')
    -- to set, at the Home page, enter in address bar: javascript:SetCookie("custom_css","my_custom.css")
    -- to clear, at the Home page, enter in address bar: javascript:DeleteOptionsCookie("custom_css")
    -- file must exist in webserver/webroot/sage directory
    -- (please post any custom CSS files -- if there is enough positive feedback, I will make this option more user-friendly!)
  • add mime.types file (with mp4)
  • Show media library info on Home page, and include media library rescan function
  • Add video conversion management.
    -- Individual Conversions can be started from detailed info, and grouped conversions from recordings lists
  • Add ability to power off or reboot an MVP from the webserver.
  • Add ability to exit a placeshifter client from the webserver.

Thanks to wvpolecat for ficuring out how to power off an MVP remotely!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Play time again

Looks great, I haven't tested it all but my main page gets the following error at the top under 'currently watching'. (waiting to hear a doh!).

The hidden domain name is deliberate

Thanks for the continuing good work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (69.7 KB, 271 views)
Old 08-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice Update.

Thanks!

technazz
Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Looks great, I haven't tested it all but my main page gets the following error at the top under 'currently watching'. (waiting to hear a doh!).
D'oh!

I fixed that just before delivering -- and forgot to rebuild! (I actually delivered this last night, then forgot to post the update here! Double D'oh)

As of the date of this post, the download has been updated to fix this (no new version number or anything...) The 25 people who have already downloaded it will have to get it again... Sorry...

Last edited by nielm; 08-09-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

cheers, I'll download it now
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
New version 2.17 released:

BUGFIXES:
  • Picture Detailed Info: restore pre V6 compatability
So far, so great! No issue whatsoever with the new version. The only thing I have found so far is a minor issue. This appears on the "Detailed Information" page, the left column, under the "Archive" tag segment. I have no idea what should be there, what was there, and what the error means. (It appears underneath the main detail frame, but copy/paste got the data here.)

Hope this is helpful. Thanks again nielm! Great work!

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "CanFileBeTranscoded" numargs=1
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "CanFileBeTranscoded" numargs=1
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:20)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.booleanApi(SageApi.java:144)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.DetailedInfoServlet.doServletGet(DetailedInfoServlet.java:1016)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:82)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1501)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1476)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1363)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at sage.d$d.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.d.a(Unknown Source)
... 11 more
Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrgh! CanFileBeTranscoded() requires Sage v5.1... I thought I had wrapped all those calls behind a version check, but apparantly not...
(are you still at V2.2?!)

one more bug for the todo list...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Was VERY excited with this release becuase of MVP power-down! I am cheap and purchased two licenses with 2 MVPs and my laptop on the road and my wife and kids always leave both MVPs powered up so there are no licenses left.

When I try to power down an MVP via web server I get:

404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.24 $

And it doesn't power it down.

Stacy
Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
Niel,

Was VERY excited with this release becuase of MVP power-down! I am cheap and purchased two licenses with 2 MVPs and my laptop on the road and my wife and kids always leave both MVPs powered up so there are no licenses left.

404 Not found

Stacy
I do as well.

B
Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
Niel,

404 Not found

Stacy
Me three! I am running JRE 1.4.2_13 if that helps. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

MVP powerdown=404...

Did you use the installer or zipfile?

If the zipfile, make sure you unpacked it correctly -- you need to overwrite all the files in the webserver directory tree apart from realms.properties (which contains your user/pass).

Specifically in this version you need to overwrite mime.types and servlets.properties in the SageTV/webserver directory.

Tags
web