SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
What should actually happen is that the program running the parser looks at the PUBLIC doctype ("-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.2//EN"), understands what this means, and points the parser to a local copy of the DTD that it knows about (in XML terminology, this is a custom EntityResolver). This is what my webserver does when importing the XML. The URL to the DTD is a fallback mode...

Anyway, I have contacted the owner of www.sage-community.org, told him that his DNS is screwed, and I will release a newer version of the webserver and XML plugins with the DTD hosted on Sourceforge...
Ok I will look at doing this Nielm, if you still want to push a new update that is up to you, but I will code my SageXMLLoader for meedio to use a custom entity resolver.

Thanks,

-Rob
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth View Post
Yes, it is odd. Maybe has to do with the fact I run win2k3, but I know others run 1.6 fine with Sage on it... When I install the webserver, the server runs but it won't accept a login. I've installed the webserver before, never had a problem getting it to work.
Anything in the webserver or Sage debug logging?
I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure your user/pass are correct, and that you restarted the server after changing them?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
Hi,
I used the export favorites, and tv shows to xml using the webserver, then I delted the wiz.bin and imported all the favorites and shows back.

The favorites are back great, and the shows seem to be there, and running, except that the timelline is corrupt.

It starts with a red bar (from 37 mins or 50 mins) and then a green bar with the correct amout of time.

But it will not save the position if I stop it, and it does show the red bar at the begining so something is worng.

Any idea how to fix all of my recordings?
I am guessing that you edited it the file, so that the file's duration/timestamp no longer match with what was in the imported XML...

This is something I need to do in the importer (fix up timestamps/durations), but as a workaround, you can edit show info to set:

file start time = 0 seconds after airing start time
and
airing duration = file duration.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

neilm - this plugin is so awesome. I loved sage before I put this on my server, but now that I can tweak things from anywhere in the world, it is just over the top!

One thing I'm trying to figure out is the RSS feeds that are available on the Recording Schedule and Recording Conflict pages. I was able to add these to my bloglines account, but they don't seem to be updating. I think it's because the bloglines server doesn't have the password to get to the server (I did open up the ports in my firewall(s) to allow access from the WAN).

Do you know of anyway to let an external blog / rss monitor have access to these feeds without giving up the username / password?

btl.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I love Google

feed url user password bloglines returns:

http://www.bloglines.com/forums/read.php?8,285

Which has:

Quote:
By 'secure freeds', you seem to be talking about HTTP Authentication, and yes, Bloglines supports this.

You need to embedd your username and password into the feed url, in this format: htp://username:password@example.com/feed.xml

(Replacing username and password with your u/p).

Last edited by bcjenkins; 09-04-2007 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Fixed smiley issue in quote.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

I did not edit any show info. this happend to all of my shows.
So I think the problem is global.

I will look into changing the show info on all of the shows.

As a request, would it be possible in the XML to also include how many mins before and after we started the recording?

So that data can be imported too, it would be of great help to us all.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Anything in the webserver or Sage debug logging?
I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure your user/pass are correct, and that you restarted the server after changing them?

Yes, pass is correct... Nothing of note in the sage debug log, other than it says the webserver is starting. I do get these warnings, but doesn't seem to be related. Where is the web server log file? I don't see anywhere where to enable it.

Tue 9/4 13:03:38.018 Loading startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.022 Loaded startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.029 Starting webserver with args: [-p, 8080, -root, webserver, -t, throttles.properties, -s, servlets.properties, -r, realms.properties, -a, aliases.properties, -nohup]
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.097 Acme httpd sage2003:8080 listening.
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.312 WARNING - MissingResource: "Graphic_Violence"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.312 WARNING - MissingResource: "Violence"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.313 WARNING - MissingResource: "Mild_Violence"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.313 WARNING - MissingResource: "Graphic_Language"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.313 WARNING - MissingResource: "Language"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.314 WARNING - MissingResource: "Adult_Situations"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.314 WARNING - MissingResource: "Strong_Sexual_Content"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.314 WARNING - MissingResource: "Nudity"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.315 WARNING - MissingResource: "Brief Nudity"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.315 WARNING - MissingResource: "Rape"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.316 WARNING - MissingResource: "NR"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.316 WARNING - MissingResource: "AO"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.316 WARNING - MissingResource: "NC-17"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.316 WARNING - MissingResource: "R"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.317 WARNING - MissingResource: "PG-13"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.317 WARNING - MissingResource: "PG"
Tue 9/4 13:03:38.317 WARNING - MissingResource: "G"
Old 09-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow...I'm impressed with the web plugin.

I didn't want to add a webserver but after adding it for the sagetray application I can't stop using it.

Last edited by gexi; 09-07-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth View Post
Yes, pass is correct... Nothing of note in the sage debug log, other than it says the webserver is starting. I do get these warnings, but doesn't seem to be related. Where is the web server log file? I don't see anywhere where to enable it.
yes, those missing resource warnings can be ignored.

The log is in SageTV/webserver/log and is auto-created whenever the first error is logged.

If you are using Vista (ugh) these files may be either in the directory tree at: c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ or in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Actually, if you have not already, check both locations for a realms.properties file and verify that it has the correct user/pass

(Which of these gets used depends on whether you are running sage as an app or as a service, as a real user or as an admin/LocalSystem, and whether you have UAC enabled or not... Whoever in MS thought that creating the VirtualStore was a good idea for app compatability should be shot.)
Old 09-10-2007, 01:07 AM
SageTVaholic

version 2.19 released

V2.19 Sep 9 2007 For SageTV 2.2-6.2

BUGFIXES:
  • Video conversions: remember last format name/quality and display full format name
  • Video conversions: fix page title
  • Video conversions: Show status of replace original and view converted file info
  • XML export: use different DTD URL
  • Playlist export: indicate number/type of pl segments
  • renamed conflictIcon.gif
Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Heh, i hate when I do stupid things like this, but I had capitalized the user name in the realms file... or maybe it comes like that in default and i just didn't notice.

Quote:
yes, those missing resource warnings can be ignored.

The log is in SageTV/webserver/log and is auto-created whenever the first error is logged.

If you are using Vista (ugh) these files may be either in the directory tree at: c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ or in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Actually, if you have not already, check both locations for a realms.properties file and verify that it has the correct user/pass

(Which of these gets used depends on whether you are running sage as an app or as a service, as a real user or as an admin/LocalSystem, and whether you have UAC enabled or not... Whoever in MS thought that creating the VirtualStore was a good idea for app compatability should be shot.)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Small Bug:
I think I found a small bug. In the EPG grid view if I have the HDTV markers set to "Same as SageTV" it does not display them even if they are enabled in SageTV. If I force it to "enabled", it displays them.
I am using sage 6.1.9.135 release, webserver v.2.18, and JRE 1.6.0_2 (I just switched from 1.4.13 today)
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question How do you use WebServer or gain access to it... On another Network PC

How does this work after you installed it... By-the-way you might want to have install ask if you use Windows Firewall it still prompts me for that box after I had uncheck it.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
access it via
Code:
http://servername:portnumber/sage/Home
or even better
Code:
http://username:password@servername:portnumber/sage/Home

Last edited by kricker; 09-17-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
access it via
Code:
http://servername:portnumber/sage/Home
or even better
Code:
http://username:password@servername:portnumber/sage/Home
Thanks! That was quick! It works! Wow!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Found bug in mediafile XML info?

Nielm,
I am in the process of updating SageTray to use the WebServer plugin exclusively (and remove dependency on the getStatus plugin). I noticed the following odd behavior for the mediafile duration attribute in the XML feed
(It looks like the duration is random. I would expect something like the 1800 + pad time. In this case, I ran a test with 24 minutes of start pad. The mediafile start time looks good, but the duration has me confused. I have tried several tests and it really seems to be random at this point.)

Ideas?

<airing channelId="15719" duration="1800" favoriteId="656753" sageDbId="602221" startTime="2007-09-18T15:30:00.00Z">
<parentalRating>TVPG</parentalRating>
<stereo/>
<closedCaptioned/>
<mediafile duration="13" sageDbId="656754" startTime="2007-09-18T15:06:00.02Z" type="TV">

Oh, would it also be possible to include the tuner number for recordings in process? This is the only other piece of information I lose when moving from getStatus to the webserver.

Thanks.

Last edited by k10ck3r; 09-18-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
...The mediafile start time looks good, but the duration has me confused. I have tried several tests and it really seems to be random at this point.)..
Ok, I figured out the XML info - the duration is telling me how much time has elapsed so far for the recording (and not the duration of the show). So, I suppose I will need to do some math to add in the favorite padding and then check to see if any recordings follow (which will then remove post padding). Unless there is an easier way to get this info?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Record stopped working afer installation

I am using Sage 6.2.8 - Installed the latest Web Server 2.19 - Web Server works fine but nothing appears in the recording schedule. I had both favorite and manual recordings set. Any help appreciated - Doug
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Ok, I figured out the XML info - the duration is telling me how much time has elapsed so far for the recording (and not the duration of the show). So, I suppose I will need to do some math to add in the favorite padding and then check to see if any recordings follow (which will then remove post padding). Unless there is an easier way to get this info?
Something is still odd with the duration, as it seems to grow to values larger that the show duration.
On a good note though, it turns out that processing the favorite information wasn't too bad at all, so that is taken care of.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwycoff View Post
I am using Sage 6.2.8 - Installed the latest Web Server 2.19 - Web Server works fine but nothing appears in the recording schedule. I had both favorite and manual recordings set. Any help appreciated - Doug
I have never seen this (with many tens of installs/reinstalls during testing), but as the webserver installer modifies the sage.properties file, it is possible that your properties file may have become corrupted

Check to see if your tuner source(s) are configured and work (try viewing liveTV), and that you have a program guide.

There should be a sage.properties.prewebserver (or similar) in your sage directory to revert to if things got messed up)

Tags
web