SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

You might have remote admin turned on in your linksys. You'll either need to disable it or redirect the port. It's in the standard 192.168.1.1 config site for the linksys, every model is slightly different, so I can't tell you exactly where, but it's there.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Thanks Crashless, actually the remote admin was changed to 8081 a while ago; sorry, forgot to mention that.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Sage User

Okay, just to knock out the default 8080 port, I changed the port to 8088 in honor of one of the earlier Intel processors It worked great! And just for the fun of it, I also opened the port for the STV client -- this too worked great, but obviously took a lot more bandwidth!

Happy Watchin'
Old 12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVWatcher
Okay, just to knock out the default 8080 port, I changed the port to 8088 in honor of one of the earlier Intel processors It worked great! And just for the fun of it, I also opened the port for the STV client -- this too worked great, but obviously took a lot more bandwidth!

Happy Watchin'
Great to hear it's working. Strange about your 8080 though, maybe your ISP is blocking it?

As for the sage client remotely - get Verizon's new FIOS fiber service and you'll be fine on bandwidth.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Can't get web server to start

Hi...

I followed nielm's instructions for installing the web server.

When I enter the http://localhost:8080/sage/Home , all I get is Page Cannot Be Found.

I have double-checked everything.

The only thing that might be suspect is the .jar file. I did what he said, no matter what i.e. tried to save the java class libraries as, I renamed it to servlets.jar (even though the .zip file is a valid ZIP file and will uncompress).

If you try to actually run the renamed .jar file, it gives an error saying it's corrup.

Did I do something wrong?

Stacy
Old 12-02-2004, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
When I enter the http://localhost:8080/sage/Home , all I get is Page Cannot Be Found.
Does accessing static pages (such as: http://localhost:8080/sage/sagelogo.gif work (should show a sage logo)
If so then there is probably a problem with the servlet startup...
Was there anything in the webserver log file (sagetv/webserver/log/AWS-date.log?

Quote:
The only thing that might be suspect is the .jar file. I did what he said, no matter what i.e. tried to save the java class libraries as, I renamed it to servlets.jar (even though the .zip file is a valid ZIP file and will uncompress).
If you try to actually run the renamed .jar file, it gives an error saying it's corrupt.
yep - thats normal (jar files are actually zip files with a different extension containing several .class files, and some can be runnable... This one is not -- hence the message).
Old 12-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Thanks for the quick response.

The GIF file doesn't show up.

And, there's no log file, OR log directory......

EEKK!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
BTW this works great still with the current 2.2.1 beta
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-02-2004, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Check the Trouble shooting guide -- there are a few things in there to diagnose where things are going wrong...
Old 12-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Ok.... on the CMD promot NET thing..... when sage server is running, it does show up as MEDIASERVER:8080 MEDIASERVER:0 LISTENING

So, I guess the webserver is starting?

However, this is NO log file at all.

Also, in the troubleshooting guide, it says:

check that there are directories Acme/Serve and net/st/sageplugins/webserver in the SageTV directory containing .class files

There is no "st", there is an "SF" directory where the troubleshooting says it should be an "ST" I tried to change the SF to an ST and it caused ALL sorts of problems with Sage loading. Then I checked the ZIP file for webserver, the directory structure has SF not ST.

I also checked the rights to the directory. I set all users to full access.....

EDIT: Also, in the installation instructions is says the \lib\ext file is called SERVLET.JAR, but the file actually downloads as SERVLETS.JAR (plural). Which one is correct?

What else do you recommend?

Stacy

Last edited by srothwell; 12-02-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

yes it should be SF not ST...
hmmm. bizzare.

What do you get if you browse to http://localhost:8080/
You should get a message 'There is nothing to see here' and be redirected to about:blank in 2 seconds...
If you get anything else, then that is not my webserver on port 8080

It's still odd that the log directory is not created - it should be created on startup, so I am guessing that my webserver is not actually being started...

Did you try enabling the debug console ? The webserver is started just before the Sage UI, maybe there is a message in there...
Did you also try starting the webserver outside of Sage?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Talking

Anyone remember that great TV commerical where the guy is interviewing for a job and the boss' nameplate says "MR. DUMASS" and they guy keeps calling him "DUMB-ASS" instead of his real name which is pronounced "Du-MAS"?

Well, feel free to call me "MR. DUMB-ASS"

Other than the log file not being there, there isn't a problem.

It never occurred to me that I had to open IE and select the web page from the SAME COMPUTER that Sage Server was running on!!!!

I was trying to get to it from another PC in my house............ (currently frying the egg that just sloshed off my face.... mmmm.. good

I imagine the next set of instructions tells me how to access it from another computer and the internet.....

Sorry to waste your time..........

Stacy
Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

LOL
The log file only gets created when there is a problem -- so when it is not there, it is either working fine, or has such a major problem that it cannot even get started
Old 12-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Has anyone used the web interface with PocketIE on a PDA?

I would love to see the entire interface available via the web browser, and I would then use my PDA as a remote.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I use my iPAQ to get to my Sage box via the web interface. It works great. There are a few pages that are a little squished but for most pages it shows up great on the PDA screen. It is really handy being able to set up a show to record from anywhere when I'm on the road since I have a GPRS internet connection on my iPAQ H6315.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Has anyone used the web interface with PocketIE on a PDA?

I would love to see the entire interface available via the web browser, and I would then use my PDA as a remote.
Pegasus - SageTV/HomeSeer Server: Core2Duo 1.8GHz, 1GB, 1.5TB RAID5, 2.25TB RAID5, Radeon X1050, (2) Hauppauge PVR250 (only used for security cameras now), SiliconDust HDHomeRun, Hauppauge HD-PVR, WinXP Pro
Prometheus - SageTV Client: Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 1GB, 500GB, GeForce 8400GS, WinXP Pro, 848x480 to InFocus SP4805 projector on a 78" screen
HD Theater (HD200) connected via HDMI to Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma
web server plugin | 2 MediaMVP Extenders | FiOS TV

Last edited by TakeFlight; 12-02-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Question Download File

Niel,

For version 1.2 or 2.0, what about adding a link that would download the file you're looking at.

If I select Sage Recordings, then select the show, it would be great to be able to click and download the file. Yes, I know it can be 3GB, but.....

Stacy
Old 12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFlight
Yes, I use my iPAQ to get to my Sage box via the web interface. It works great. There are a few pages that are a little squished but for most pages it shows up great on the PDA screen. It is really handy being able to set up a show to record from anywhere when I'm on the road since I have a GPRS internet connection on my iPAQ H6300.
I posted this a few days ago but YES works great on my Wi-Fi Palm Tungsten C
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-02-2004, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
For version 1.2 or 2.0, what about adding a link that would download the file you're looking at.
Already there
http://www.sage-community.org/index....rCustomisation
(2/3 of the way down: Direct links to video files)
Old 12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Got the translation working great with spaces and all.

One (last) question for the night.....

Is there some kind of file size limit on the webserver?

I can transfer over http (using Save Link as....) any of the shows that are <1GB (takes about 12 minutes). However, anything over 1GB will immedately transfer only 1KB of the file, then close it.

I've tried it on every recording and it fits all the time.... All the comments under throttle.properties are completey remarked out, as default.

If I just click on it, it will try to load the whole thing to play in a browser's Quicktime window.

Past this..... we're great!

And..... is there a way to remove the DELETE NOW (or better yet.... password protect it with an additional password) from the detail menu?

Thanks for all the help today!

Stacy
Old 12-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Sage Expert

Well I am mr dumbass then.

I created the no-ip account but I am getting stuck on how to get the sagetv webserver to update to that page.

Tags
web