SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Something is still odd with the duration, as it seems to grow to values larger that the show duration.
What you see with the duration=recorded so far for currently recordign files is normal -- it represents the current file duration.

It should also grow to more than the airing duration when you are using padding... (airing duration is duration in EPG, there is nothing that shows scheduled recording times including padding)
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

I have a "little/tiny" feature request: Jump to Live streaming.

I have gotten streaming to work to my windows mobile phone using TCPMP but when trying to check on a football game during a wedding, it isn't practical to watch from the beginning all the time.

Just an idea, the simple fact that it works at all and I have been able to ditch Orb is amazing in and of itself. Thanks nielm!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
What you see with the duration=recorded so far for currently recordign files is normal -- it represents the current file duration.

It should also grow to more than the airing duration when you are using padding... (airing duration is duration in EPG, there is nothing that shows scheduled recording times including padding)
Ok, I see different behavior for this field when playing back recordings from file vs. watching live tv. When watching live tv, this field contains the number of seconds that have elapsed so far. However, when playing back from file, this field contains the total file duration. Would it be possible to change the file playback to work the same as live tv? This way, I can provide status on playback for both types.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

This field shows the number of seconds recorded so far for files currently recording, and the recording duration for previously recorded files.

There is nothing in the webserver that can give you the current playback position... (this is what getstatus was for, and by using a persistant TCP connection, it can do it a lot more efficiently than regularly querying a web server)
Old 09-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

ok thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Feature Suggestion

Would it be possible to 'send message to console'.. what I mean is for you to be able to send a text message to a tv via the webserver... for example, I see my sons are watching something on one of the MVP's right now.. I want to remind them to take a jacket to school today.. would be pretty neat if I could send a popup type message that said so...

Just a thought..

Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage User

not working with WHS version

Hi Nielm,

I've got the 6.2.8 version of the WHS server and for some reason I can get the plugin to start... here's what I get in the log files:
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:10 IST 2007] Problem reading throttles file: java.io.IOException: malformed throttle line: ?I?'
[Sun Sep 23 01:10:10 IST 2007] Unexpected problem creating servlet: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletContext(GenericServlet.java:205)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.log(GenericServlet.java:300)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.log(SageServlet.java :50)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.MediaFileServlet.<init>(MediaFileServlet.java:67)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance (Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.addServlet(Serve.java:518)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.readServlets(Serve.java:421)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.access$0(Serve.java:347)
at Acme.Serve.Serve$1.run(Serve.java:305)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[Sun Sep 23 01:10:10 IST 2007] Unexpected problem creating servlet: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getServletContext(GenericServlet.java:205)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.log(GenericServlet.java:300)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.log(SageServlet.java :50)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.MediaFileServlet.<init>(MediaFileServlet.java:67)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance (Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.addServlet(Serve.java:518)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.readServlets(Serve.java:421)
at Acme.Serve.Serve.access$0(Serve.java:347)
at Acme.Serve.Serve$1.run(Serve.java:305)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any clue ?

Thanks,
Tomer.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya View Post
Problem reading throttles file: java.io.IOException: malformed throttle line: ?I?'
Your SageTV/webserver/throttles.properties file appears to have some corrupt data in it, and there are bugs in the routine logging this, causing a total failure on startup...

Either empty it, or replace it from the zipfile (I think the file needs to exist otherwise you may have other problems)
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Sage User

Right on the money!

I had my hard drive rescued from an unfortunate accidental format couple of weeks back and some of the files "returned" corrupted.
When I installed the webserver again (the new 2.19 version) I though that it would overwrite any problematic files... well, as you can guess - it didn't.

So, I removed it completly and re-installed - now it works like a charm.

Thanks nielm!

Tomer.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release

V2.20 7 Oct 2007 For SageTV 2.2-6.2

BUGFIXES:
  • Fixed failure to start with corrupt throttles file
  • Use playlist name as filename when exporting playlist
  • Include Media File URL as Enclosure in RSS feeds (enables podcasting)
  • Fix video conversion auto file-naming (was always using old filename+ext)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

Can anyone help me get this EPG search to work?

I'd like to search for a combination of title/episode information. That is, there is a value that must exist in the title, and, separately, one that must exist in the episode.

Is there a way to get the webserver to allow such a search?

Searching the EPG for both terms doesn't return any hits. Searching for one or the other does.

Matt
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Sage Icon

I just used this from my phone for the first time in months (normally used from PC). Last time I used it on the phone, the javascript menu didn't load but there was a fallback menu at the bottom of the screen. Now the fallback menu doesn't appear. Was it dropped?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
I just used this from my phone for the first time in months (normally used from PC). Last time I used it on the phone, the javascript menu didn't load but there was a fallback menu at the bottom of the screen. Now the fallback menu doesn't appear. Was it dropped?
Fallback menu is at:
http://mediaserver:8080/sage/menu.html
You should be redirected to that page from
http://mediaserver:8080/sage/
if your browser does not support javascript.

(the fallback menu at the bottom of each page got removed in V2.0, Dec 6 2005)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I'd like to search for a combination of title/episode information. That is, there is a value that must exist in the title, and, separately, one that must exist in the episode.

Not currently.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I put that into my browser, I get the SageTV logo with the text "Main Menu" underneath. Nothing else, no menu...

Quote:
You should be redirected to that page from
http://mediaserver:8080/sage/
if your browser does not support javascript.)
No, I get the standard page but with no menu. Although I must admit, I don't *really* know that my browser doesn't support javascript, I'm just assuming it because I don't get the menu...
It's IE on Windows Mobile 6.

Quote:
(the fallback menu at the bottom of each page got removed in V2.0, Dec 6 2005)
Really? Wow, I didn't know I'd been using Sage that long.
I have a new mobile contract with lots of data included, so I've started using IE on the phone a lot more.

BTW, this is surely the greatest Sage add-on ever, don't know how I'd manage without it!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

maybe try opera mobile?

b
Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, your browser seems to support some javascript, but not enough to make the meny bar work, and enough to convince my code that it does! (I include a whole load of checks for JS version, but not enough it seems. God I hate cross browser web development!)

That page is editable -- edit SageTV/webserver/webroot/sage/menu.html
Remove everything between <script> and </script>
Remove the <noscript> and </noscript> tags.

Fallback menu should work now.

I actually lied about the fallback menu at the bottom of the page. Pre 2005, there was a hardcoded (html) menu which was repositioned to make the menu bar. After 2005, there was some JS code that auto-creates the fallback menu if the main menu fails, and this JS is also failing. The same JS is used to create the items in menu.html, so both were not working...

I am fully aware that the web browser dows not work well on mobiles. I have 3 issues with modifying it: I dont have a pocketPC or Symbian smartphone, and my mobile data tariff is EUR 0.50/100kb, which makes testing expensive, and simple lack of time to create low bandwidth pages!

Last edited by nielm; 10-12-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

You could also check out an emulator too, if you were interested.

B

Note: I don't have a WM6 phone, just a BB.. Maybe should have linked the BB emulator instead!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Can anyone help me get this EPG search to work?

Searching the EPG for both terms doesn't return any hits. Searching for one or the other does.

Matt
Quote:
Not currently.
I found that I can create a keyword favorite containing both search terms, and it will correctly locate the shows.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

what can I expect if I use:

Code:
/sage/MediaFileCommand?command=WatchNow&context=SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI&FileName=xxx
AND Sage is minimized to the tray?

Currently nothing happens. Is there a way to get Sage to maximize and then play?

Tags
web