SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
That page is editable -- edit SageTV/webserver/webroot/sage/menu.html
Remove everything between <script> and </script>
Remove the <noscript> and </noscript> tags.
Fallback menu should work now.
It does, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I am fully aware that the web browser dows not work well on mobiles. I have 3 issues with modifying it: I dont have a pocketPC or Symbian smartphone, and my mobile data tariff is EUR 0.50/100kb, which makes testing expensive, and simple lack of time to create low bandwidth pages!
I'm sure no-one expects you to put a lot of time into this, I understand the issues. Personally, there's no way I would use a machine with such a poxy little screen if there was a PC nearby!

Thankfully, with 3G and Edge more and more common, bandwidth is less of an issue, just width...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,
While doing some SageTray testing with media files, I noticed the following two things:

1) No "Currently Watching" status is reported when a client is viewing a photo.

2) When viewing a DVD, the "Currently Watching" status shows "<unknown airing>" with a filesize of 0 and some odd start and end times. Although this is odd, the more concerning issue is that the XML feed is completely empty, since SageTray then thinks that something is wrong with the connection.

I don't know if this is the intended behavior, but it would sure be nice to have some information in the XML feed for these two cases.

Thanks,
k10ck3r

P.S. - It would also be nice if there was a way to get a list of the tuner cards - maybe at the start of the "Currently Recording" XML feed. In a similar manner, it would be nice to get a list of the clients at the start of the "Currently Playing" XML feed (I currently scrape the html to get this information).

Last edited by k10ck3r; 10-20-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM

Playing a playlist in SageTV

This Web interface is an awesome capability, works great! I've been searching for a way to start a named Music playlist in Sage to play in SageTV. Any way to do this via the web server?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by jpme; 10-22-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage User

the latest webUI (v2.20) doesn't work with sagetray and SageTV 2.28. i don't know if its a problem with sagetray or webui. the last release to work properly is WebUI 2.14.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage Expert

Are there any plans to make this web interface work properly with mobile phones such as Blackberries? I can get to the website with my Blackberry but the Javascript menus at the top do not appear at all and therefore I can't navigate to all of the valuable pages within those menus.

Any update here?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Are there any plans to make this web interface work properly with mobile phones such as Blackberries? I can get to the website with my Blackberry but the Javascript menus at the top do not appear at all and therefore I can't navigate to all of the valuable pages within those menus.

Any update here?
Is your Blackberry enabled to use Javascript?
...Pilfered from from the blackberry forum:
Quote:
There is a difference between "Java", "JavaScript" and "Java Applet".

Fortunately, "JavaScript" IS supported.
Unfortunately, "Java Applet" is not supported.

Go to Browser->Options->Browser Configuration->Scroll down->Enable "Support JavaScript"->Save Options

This will enable JavaScript in your BlackBerry Internet Browser.
Also, make sure you have at least BlackBerryOS Version 4.0 or later (not 3.7 or older). You can see the version in Options->About.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
The SageTV Plugins WIKI also says:

"Menus do not work, so instead of navigating to the root page, navigate to the menu.html file: so your URL would be your.IP.address.here:8080/sage/menu.html" This gives you access to the menu in list form.

Disclaimer: I am not a crackberry addict but I do run a support group for clients that have dependency issues. Sad, really.

Last edited by Conejo; 10-24-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
"Menus do not work, so instead of navigating to the root page, navigate to the menu.html file: so your URL would be your.IP.address.here:8080/sage/menu.html" This gives you access to the menu in list form.
I do have JavaScript enabled but when I open the menu.html page, I get an error "Error in menu_items.js -- check syntax" and then the menu.html page does not show me any links. Any ideas?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Sage Expert

iPod Touch

Has anyone used nielm's webserver with the iPod Touch?

I know the video streaming/transcoding won't work, but how about scheduling/navigating the interface etc?

Thanks.

-Peter
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post

I know the video streaming/transcoding won't work, but how about scheduling/navigating the interface etc?
I've used it on my iphone, should work the same on the ipod touch. No problem scheduling a recording. The drop down menus work fine too. Don't recall finding anything that didn't work, except streaming media files of any kind.

Streaming would have been awesome.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Sage User

Archos 605 WiFi

Has anyone used the webserver with the Archos 605 WiFi ?

Streaming would be fun

/Kenneth
Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post

Thanks.

-Peter
I've used it on my iPod touch, its great. I'd love for it to be able to stream though or watch a local file even!
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 ghz, 6 gigs of RAM, 1 WesternDigital 750 gig hard drive partitioned in 75 gig/675 gig, 1 Seagate 2 TeraByte Hard drive: 1 HDHR Prime-CC, 1 Hauppauge HD-PVR with Hauppauge 45 button remote with blaster to control 1 Explorer 4640HDC, Windows 7 64bit SP1 all updates applied, SageTV 9.1.7.757, Java v1.7.0_79, SageTV Webserver v3.3, SageTV Mobile Web Interface v2.1.0.47, 2 Hauppauge MediaMPVs & 1 Helius MPV.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeZy View Post
the latest webUI (v2.20) doesn't work with sagetray and SageTV 2.28. i don't know if its a problem with sagetray or webui. the last release to work properly is WebUI 2.14.
Interesting. The only difference I see between your setup and mine is the version of SageTv. I am using the latest version of SageTv with no problems. This may be a good clue for nielm to check into.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Empty Playlists????

Okay, I think I've tried everything... Can anyone help me out?

I got the webserver working no problem. I am able to stream individual files through the browser, and it works great. What I would like to do is stream an entire album, so I started trying to stream playlists, and that's where it all fell apart for me...

I go to export playlists, and I have 3 columns, Even through the heading don't really line up for me, I'm guessing that the first 3 file options are streaming, and the second three are files. No matter what I click on I get an empty playlist. The content column states that I have all files, and they can all be found, the playlist works in sage fine, but for every playlist I get something like the following when I open the playlist in notepad:

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=0
Version=2

What would be causing it? Do I need to re-add my music using UNC paths instead of drive letter assignments? I tried this for one directory, and it did the same thing.

One item that I have, that could have an impact on this is that I use a plugin to play music through winamp instead of the built in Sage player. Would that cause this issue? I would rather not turn that off, but if that's my only choice, I guess I would think about it.

Thanks for the help,
flips
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a weird problem w/ the webserver and I'm not sure what the cause is.

From Meedio I launch my recordings through a two step process:
1) Use Send Message w/ "-C SageApp -N SageWin -m 1258 -W 0 43 28" to get Sage out of the system tray and to the home page
2) Use webserver command to send file to play in sage.

The file plays, BUT what happens is I see the home page, see the file play, see the home page again, then back to the file for the duration.

IF i just go to sage and through my web browser click on a file to play in sage it works flawlessly, but only if sage is out of the system tray.

I'm wondering:
1) What am I doing wrong to cause this
2) Can you nielm built something into the webserver so that when a play command is sent, you also bring sage out of the tray if it is not

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Proxy through Apache RSS feed wrong port

Hi Niel,

Proxying through apache the link to the media within an RSS feed is for the wrong port. Is there a way to set the port number the RSS servlet writes URL? The URL is otherwise okay with proxying.

TIA

B
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Help with streaming through webserver at work?

Hey guys,
Webserver seems to work great when I am at home, and connecting via internet at home seems to work good too through 8080 etc. I can watch streamed tv and videos. However, when I get to work, placeshifter doesn't connect and webserver doesnt stream videos either. It will occasionally stream music, and I can view photos. Any suggestions on a work around?
Would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mo
Old 11-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Webserver and ShowAnalyzer

Quote:
1. ... Commercial Detection
ShowAnalyzer can integrate with nielm's Webserver to customize commercial scans.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...90&postcount=1
Does anyone know if this feature is still supported in the webserver ... I have yet to see any options in the server to support this action

-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Sage Expert

Streaming With iPod Touch

I just got my iPod Touch a couple days ago, and it's working great with nielm's webserver.

I think there might be a possibility of getting video streaming working with the iPod Touch (and iPhone).

The new version of EyeTV for the Mac apparently supports this for compatible h.264 files (see video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBn5pZRK2o)

Also, the Youtube application built into the iPod Touch doesn't use flash, it streams the videos in h.264

Nielm's webserver supports streaming transcoded files in h.264... is there a possibility of getting this to work with the iPod?

-Peter

Edit: Just found this on the Apple developers site for streaming video: http://developer.apple.com/documenta...TP40006514-SW1

Last edited by peternm22; 11-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom View Post
Does anyone know if this feature is still supported in the webserver ... I have yet to see any options in the server to support this action

-Craig
The option is in SA-not in the webserver.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
The option is in SA-not in the webserver.

Gerry
Thanks ...

Ok .. So no option in the webserver to manually run comskip on a recorded program ??

( So it appears at the current time .. the webserver does not support Comskip .. I don't see the comskip icon on my programs)

thanks again
- Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2

Tags
web