SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

I know this is off topic, but anyone know the answer to this question?

"Where's Nielm?"

He's either been really busy since December or is taking a vacation from the SageTV forums. I miss his amazing coding and help on the forums
Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"Where's Nielm?"
I thought I saw him the other week but it turned out to be Elvis!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know this is off topic, but anyone know the answer to this question?

"Where's Nielm?"

He's either been really busy since December or is taking a vacation from the SageTV forums. I miss his amazing coding and help on the forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I thought I saw him the other week but it turned out to be Elvis!
Actually I think he might be around, but somewhere with waldo (of where's waldo fame)

Just hoping to hear that he's busy and will be back soon
Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Early March was the last time I saw him chime in on anything. I hope all is well.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone know him outside the forums? Would be good to know he's okay!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Web Interface clock off behind by 1 hour.

Hello,

My web interface clock is behind by an hour. What I mean is all the show times are off. For example, the evening news airs from 11:00 PM to 11:35 PM, but the web interface says that it is 10:00 PM to 10:35 PM.

If I set up a recording by clicking on the showing, it records correctly and it has the correct times through the SageTV interface. I haven't tried yet, but I think if I set up a manual recording based on those times, it would be wrong.

I set up my server (including the web interface) in February of 2008, before daylight saving time shifted forward in March. This seems like a daylight saving time issue.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running Sage Webserver version 2.22 on SageTV server 6.3.5 on Windows XP Pro

Last edited by redondo_se; 04-29-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to add version info
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Would it be possible to increase the value of the MAX_FORM_LENGTH constant in Serve.java for the next release? A user of my SJQ plugin has hit the max length, which causes data corruption in my plugin. Ideally, this const would be removed all together, but an increase to, say, 100,000 should be more than adequate.

More details of the problem encountered can be found here.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Hello,

My web interface clock is behind by an hour. What I mean is all the show times are off. For example, the evening news airs from 11:00 PM to 11:35 PM, but the web interface says that it is 10:00 PM to 10:35 PM.

If I set up a recording by clicking on the showing, it records correctly and it has the correct times through the SageTV interface. I haven't tried yet, but I think if I set up a manual recording based on those times, it would be wrong.

I set up my server (including the web interface) in February of 2008, before daylight saving time shifted forward in March. This seems like a daylight saving time issue.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running Sage Webserver version 2.22 on SageTV server 6.3.5 on Windows XP Pro
What service pack do you have? MS made a patch for that, you probably just need to install it.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
What service pack do you have? MS made a patch for that, you probably just need to install it.
Oops, didn't have instant notification turned on. Thanks for responding.

I have XP service pack 2. All updates were installed as of 2/4/2008. My system clock is correct, and it automatically adjusted correctly for daylight saving time in March 2008. The clock in the SageTV client is also correct, it's just the clock in the web interface that's off.

Are you saying there is a windows hotfix released since 2/4/2008 that would fix this for me?

Thanks,
Sean.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Has anyone tried the power off with the HD Extender? I did, and it seemed to hang.

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Same thing happened to me.

-Peter
Same here.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Oops, didn't have instant notification turned on. Thanks for responding.

I have XP service pack 2. All updates were installed as of 2/4/2008. My system clock is correct, and it automatically adjusted correctly for daylight saving time in March 2008. The clock in the SageTV client is also correct, it's just the clock in the web interface that's off.

Are you saying there is a windows hotfix released since 2/4/2008 that would fix this for me?

Thanks,
Sean.
Sorry, I'm not sure what is causing your issue..
Old 05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is anyone else having trouble with the web and/or external VLC player not doing ff/rew? I cant get it to go forward more than a few seconds and then it just hangs. Most of the time the web player controls just seem to do nothing at all.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I am sure I prosted a reply to this, but I do not see it any more...
Quick explanation of the format:
Code:
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,write:only
[Browser Prompt]=[web-path to protect],[username]:[password]
note the name of the prompt does not matter - but the browser uses it to internally reference a user/password...
Multiple users can be defined for the same path.
When checking for access, a more detailed path overrides a wider path (ie a user defined on /sage/Command overrides a user defined on /sage)

So if you want allow a guest user (with password GPASS) access to everything, but only an admin user (with password APASS) is able to change things, then you should have something like:
Code:
# Guest user acess to normal screens
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:GPASS

# admin user access to info screens
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:APASS

# admin user access to commands/actions
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:APASS
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:APASS
(note that there is an extra line in there in comaprison to the realms.properties file)
I saw the above old post about setting guest and admin account. Is this still the correct way to do it? I tried it and it doesn't work. This is my realms.properties file:
Code:
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:guest

# top level user:password
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:admin

#Admin user access to commands/actions
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/GlobalCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,admin:admin
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,admin:admin
It is not working, guest account still gets full control of the web server, including file deletions. What am I doing wrong?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Request

Nielm or Wheemer-

Would it be possible to get a rough estimate of the current position the Extender is on when watching a show?

i.e., the "Currently Watching" section on the start-up page shows the Sage Extender playing back a particular show....is there a way to show a progress bar on this rectangle? (updated only upon refresh or something)?

I would love this so I know how much more gaming I can do before the wife finishes Desperate Housewives....

-M
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what is causing your issue..
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks.

I'll guess it's a java error... what version(s) are you running?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

mayamaniac,

It should look like this. This works.
You will see the option to delete in guest but when you try to delete it will ask for the admin user and password.

Code:
# admin user access to commands/actions
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ForceEpgUpdate,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EditShowInfo,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/EncodeCommand,admin:password
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/FavoriteCommand,admin:password

SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:password
# admin user access to info screens
SageTV Web Actions=/sage,admin:password
Old 05-15-2008, 02:37 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks nyplayer. That worked.

I'm testing SageTV in Vista 64. I have UAC off and my sage.properites is in the SageTV directory. But the webserver is not loading in the browser. Is there any tricks to get webserver 2.22 to work in Vista?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Look in the virtual store directory. That's probably where you'll find the sage.properties file that needs to be edited.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Look in the virtual store directory. That's probably where you'll find the sage.properties file that needs to be edited.

Gerry
It is not, first place I looked. It's in the SageTV directory as I said before. I know it's the correct one because the modified date updates each time I restart SageTV.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Then maybe it's the firewall blocking port 8080 if you went with the default settings.

Gerry

Tags
web