SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Then maybe it's the firewall blocking port 8080 if you went with the default settings.

Gerry
Not it either, already tried disabling the firewall. Also, http://localhost:8080/sage/home does not work either.

If there isn't any special instructions for Vista, besides UAC moving the sage.properties, then I might have to do a manual installation to see if that works better.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Nothing special I'm aware of. Had it running on Vista (32bit) before with no issues.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Sage Icon

Odd that its working after I change the IP of the "miniserver/forced_server_ip" line in the sage.properties file. It was on the wrong IP. This line was to force the SageTV server to use a specify IP for communicating with the extenders. I'm not sure why it affects the webserver, but its working after changing that value.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
Hello,

My web interface clock is behind by an hour. What I mean is all the show times are off. For example, the evening news airs from 11:00 PM to 11:35 PM, but the web interface says that it is 10:00 PM to 10:35 PM.

If I set up a recording by clicking on the showing, it records correctly and it has the correct times through the SageTV interface. I haven't tried yet, but I think if I set up a manual recording based on those times, it would be wrong.

I set up my server (including the web interface) in February of 2008, before daylight saving time shifted forward in March. This seems like a daylight saving time issue.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running Sage Webserver version 2.22 on SageTV server 6.3.5 on Windows XP Pro
Found a solution for now. In sage.properties I removed the time zone setting.

Changed

time_zone=EST

to

time_zone=

Times are now correct in both the web browser and Sage Interface. I hope it stays that way when the clock moves back an hour in the fall.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is a little shocking that Sage relies on this guy to produce and maintain the web interface to their product. This is now a standard feature for any PVR (or even DVR) software. And yet, it is not created in house by Sage. If Neilm totally abandons this project, as is totally within his rights, Sage's web interface will quickly become old and outdated.

I mean...yea, when this was first created, it was great that a user created the feature. But as soon as it because a standard feature, Sage should have picked it up themselves, by buying out Neilm's project or something.

P.S. One example of something that is now sorely needed: a complete, functioning mobile phone version of the interface. i.e. something that is made for phone specifically and not just a work around.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
It is a little shocking that Sage relies on this guy to produce and maintain the web interface to their product. This is now a standard feature for any PVR (or even DVR) software. And yet, it is not created in house by Sage. If Neilm totally abandons this project, as is totally within his rights, Sage's web interface will quickly become old and outdated.
I'd just like to hear that Neilm is okay. Haven't seen him around since early 2008 which isn't like him at all - he was very, very active on these forums so something must be wrong. (EDIT: I see he posted as recently as April - just not very active this year thus far...)

Also, I think the SageTV web interface that Neilm has developed is excellent and can do more than most (if not all) competing HTPC products.

That being said, I would like to see the SageTV folks get more involved in the web interface realm - especially if Nielm has left the project. Placeshifter-type features for the mobile device/phone would be a good start. Also the ability to change settings via the web interface would be nice as well.

Last edited by Brent; 05-27-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'd just like to hear that Neilm is okay.
Ditto... something must be up given there hasn't been an update to this plugin since December 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That being said, I would like to see the SageTV folks get more involved in the web interface realm - especially if Nielm has left the project. Placeshifter-type features for the mobile device/phone would be a good start. Also the ability to change settings via the web interface would be nice as well.
Completely agree. I think there is an opportunity to totally crush the competition here... SageTV is clearly ahead in many features... if a web UI was built in to Sage that is easily configurable it will be yet another key differentiator.

When I used VMC some time ago, I was a huge fan of the WebGuide plugin... very slick UI with very good placeshifting type features.

WebGuide: http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide/
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Sage User

Hoping someone can help out...

Hi all:

Just got an HD100 to control SageTV 6.3.10 running on my Windows Home Server, and found out about the most excellent web interface plugin. Unfortunately I can't' get it to serve correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting info from Neilm's site (I too hope he's OK being MIA for so long), so I'm hoping someone else might have some ideas for getting the web server running. I don't have any log files (can't figure that one out either), but if I try to launch the webserver from a command prompt I get the following:

> C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>java -cp . Acme.Serv.Serv -p 8888
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Acme/Serv/Serv
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Acme.Serv.Serv
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Any help anyone can provide will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by eliu01; 05-28-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I am around, thanks for the concern, just been lurking for a while. Most of my plugins work as well as I need them to do, so I havn't really needed to make updates. When I find some motivation, I will probably release something...

Mobile phone interface would be cool, but not something I want to do myself right now -- mobile data tariffs are huge where I live, making testing expensive and I would have to spend a lot of time reworking every page to get it mobile-happy... That said, if someone else wants to write a set of mobile-compatible pages, I would be happy to include them

Eliu01: the sage webserver can't no be run from a command line like that - firstly you need to reference the nielm_sagewebserver.jar in the classpath, and secondly, the sage-specific stuff needs to be run from within sage. If you post more details on the problems you were having...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I am around, thanks for the concern, just been lurking for a while.
Good to hear it. After I posted that I did notice you had posted a recently as last month. I just knew you were pretty involved last year (and many before that) so wasn't sure if anything was up.

Quote:
Most of my plugins work as well as I need them to do, so I havn't really needed to make updates. When I find some motivation, I will probably release something...
I totally understand.

Quote:
Mobile phone interface would be cool, but not something I want to do myself right now -- mobile data tariffs are huge where I live, making testing expensive and I would have to spend a lot of time reworking every page to get it mobile-happy... That said, if someone else wants to write a set of mobile-compatible pages, I would be happy to include them
I'll begin the hunt for volunteers to work on this. What developer capabilities would such a person need?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am around, thanks for the concern, just been lurking for a while.
The man, the myth, the legend....neilm!

As a fairly new Sage user, I am glad to see you are well and lurking around. I discovered customizations after your (previously) most-recent post, and I feared that you would be this legend who created all of these great plug-ins and then was gone....

I would love to contribute to all of the customizations, except that I have absolutely no knowledge of how to write code. Now if it was all in BASIC programming, circa 1987.... I'd kick some serious booty. Heck, I don't even know what language this is... and I used to be the type that "kept up" with things like that. But that was... sigh... about 15 years ago. I learned some very simple HTML in the mid-90s when the web was taking off, and haven't followed up on learning any programming since then (stupid job and marriage! ). Is there a "dummies" instruction that I could read, that would give me enough knowledge to contribute?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Eliu01: the sage webserver can't no be run from a command line like that - firstly you need to reference the nielm_sagewebserver.jar in the classpath, and secondly, the sage-specific stuff needs to be run from within sage. If you post more details on the problems you were having...
Hi Nielm:

Thanks for replying! I know I can't launch the webserver from the command line, but I did so based on your troubleshooting steps. The output was in my previous post.

Can you be more specific with your recommended fixes? I'm a Java novice - at best a cut-and-paster when it comes to Java coding. Please tell me exactly where to put the nielm_sagewebserver.jar reference in the classpath. Also, what do you mean by "the sage-specific stuff needs to be run from within sage"?

To backtrack a little bit, I first used the .exe installer, and it gave a couple of errors (which I unfortunately did not write down), but installation completed "successfully". I did switch the port to 8888 and the exception is present in the Windows Firewall configuration. However, navigating to http://localhost:8888/sage/Home gave a "host not responding" error. Going through the manual installation steps (in case the .exe installer missed something because of the errors I saw), I did have to edit the load_at_startup_runnable_classes line of the Sage.properties file, and I made sure it had no spaces as directed.

I did install Java 6 update 6 from Sun, but not until after installing the webserver plugin the first time. After installing Java, I tried reinstalling the webserver, but it still did not work.

Lastly, a little more info on the system running Sage - it's a Windows Home Server with Sage 6.3.10.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Sage User

Well, tonight I took a look a the web interface plugin config again to see if i could find anything else wrong. I didn't see anything obvious based on nielm's recommendations, but I thought I'd try the web interface again for the heck of it. Lo and behold, it works! I have no idea why, but I am glad it works, and glad to have this functionality.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What exactly needs to be done? Is it just a matter of a formatted webpage? If so where's the one currently being used now? I've dabbled a bit in raw html and could try to work some magic!

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 05-29-2008, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Todd3835:
Its all java servlets calling Sage APIs and then generating HTML... Because of this, the java code for even the simplest pages gets messy very quickly...

As an example, the code for displaying the detailed info page is here (yep, a 1000 line function containing mostly print statements. makes my skin crawl just to look at it)...
Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

nielm: hopefully my email didn't drag you back kicking and screaming, but thanks for letting us know everything is fine

I'll post more soon, but I could do some work on a mobile version. It sounds like demand is building enough. I don't know if I'll be able to get the streaming features working, though. Hopefully somebody out there could get it working. And if there are any web page designers out there, your input is welcome, too.

I managed to get the web server working with Jetty a while back. It's a different server engine and would allow creating pages with JSPs rather than servlets. That would ease page development a lot, and maybe revive work on the "desktop" version of the web server, too. It would change the setup, but hopefully resistance to that would be low. It also would separate the web server engine from the application so others could write plugins (e.g. web services or other web-based applications) and drop them into the server.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Sage User

I suppose I spoke too soon - while the web interface to the Sage server is working, it cannot see my HD100 extender. What do I need to do to get it to appear? Is it a Sage config thing or a webserver plugin thing?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage User

Well, I tried the one obvious thing I hadn't tried yet - turn on the HD100 before accessing the web interface, and there it was! I should have known there is no way to turn the HD100 on via IP.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any reason to ever turn an HD100 off ? Just ordered one and I want to drive it via nielms plug-in since that's how I control all my sage clients (IP via Pronto TSU9600).

Nielm, do you have a paypal or other method of thanks? I've built a big piece of my remote functionality around what your plug-in allows me to do with Sage.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Is there any reason to ever turn an HD100 off ? Just ordered one and I want to drive it via nielms plug-in since that's how I control all my sage clients (IP via Pronto TSU9600).

Nielm, do you have a paypal or other method of thanks? I've built a big piece of my remote functionality around what your plug-in allows me to do with Sage.
Power costs. There's a reason.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Tags
web