SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question Harmony Remotes & Sage

OK, I know there are a bunch of posts about the Harmony Remotes and having them work with Sage, but I was playing around, and found some of the listed profiles basically for sage on the Harmony site.

I went in to add a PVR, and there were to relative manufacturers: Frey Technologies & Hauppauge. Now under these two manufacturers there were the following choices after I just slopped around and entered a 2 under the model number box:

Frey Technologies:
PVR-250
Sage 2.0
Sage TV 2.0
Sage Tv V2
v2.0

Hauppauge:
NOVA-S
PVR 250MCE
PVR250
WIN 250
Win 250 PVR
WINTI-PVR350
WinTV PVR-250
WINTV PVR-250 (Model 980)
WINTV PVR-350 (Model 990)
WinTV-PVR-350
Win TV Nexus S

Now, something I found out was that these lists weren't actually complete, they were only partial and apparently reflected a list dependent on your original input, as I got different lists if I put in a 1 instead of a 2. Anyway, I also decided to just try out 2.1 and Sage TV 2.1 for the model number input, and the page, instead of giving me a list seemed to just accept that as the model number and get ready for me to continue. I found this odd.

So, my main question is, does anyone know what these profiles listed as Sage TV are? Does Sage really have a registered set of IR codes, or are these codes for one of the many remotes that can control sage? I am excited at the prospect that these could be actual registered IR codes that have a code for every sage function, and if not work with sage right away, can all be programed to be recognixed by sage. Anyone have any insite on this?
Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I continued on a little futher after writting this post. It asked me if I had a remote for this product, as I would assume it wanted to see if it could recognize the remote, but when I told it no, it recomended the 'Frey Technologies Sage TV 2.0 PVR" So I selected that. I also looked at the button setup to see what functions were assigned to buttons, and some of the buttons were not used, but I don't know if Sage would use them or not.

Button:----------------Function Assigned:

Up----------------------DirectionUp
Down-------------------DirectionDown
Left---------------------DirectionLeft
Right--------------------DirectionRight
Select-------------------Select
Exit
Info----------------------Info
Menu--------------------Menu
Guide--------------------Guide
Volume Up
Volume Down
Mute
Channel Up
Channel Down------------ChannelDown
Prev---------------------ChannelPrev
0------------------------0
1------------------------1
2------------------------2
3------------------------3
4------------------------4
5------------------------5
6------------------------6
7------------------------7
8------------------------8
9------------------------9
+*
Enter
Skip Forward
Skip Back
Page -
Page +
Rewind------------------Rewind
Play---------------------Play
Fast Forward------------FastForward
Record------------------Record
Pause-------------------Pause
Stop--------------------Stop

LCD custom buttons:---Function Assigned:
Advance----------------Advance
Display------------------Display
InputNext---------------InputNext
PwrOff------------------PowerOff
PwrOn-------------------PowerOn
PwrToggle---------------PowerToggle
Replay------------------Replay
SlowForward------------SlowForward
TvVideo-----------------TvVideo

So, does this seem off to any of you Sage users out there? I guess having nothing assigned to channel up seems wierd to me. Don't know if exit gets used or skip forward and back. I guess this still doesn't really get me any closer to knowing if this is specifically Sage or if it is a remote that would just work with Sage, then I worry it wouldn't have all the functionality that is available elseware.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:50 AM

[I]Trying[/I] to keep it simple.

As for these different Harmony setups...
These are mostly just different poeple's setup(what they taught their Harmnony) for the Hauppauge PVR remote. The PVR250 ones are likely for the older black remote(too few buttoms in my opinion). The PVR350 ones/one are likely for the second gen Hauppauge grey remote. I don't think anyone has yet entered a profile for the newest(3rd gen) 45 button Hauppauge remote. If someone who has a Harmony and the new 45 button remote has set one up, maybe they will post they exact title. This would give you the most codes to work with, if you plan to use the Hauppauge IR reciever.

Some of the setups could relate to a specific(nonHauppauge) remotes the users choose to use with Sage. This would occur when they were using another IR reciever than the one builtin the Hauppauge cards. ie Using a USB-UIRT as the IR reciever.

As for a default set of codes for SageTV...
The only real set of IR codes that Sage regonizes out of the box is the ones used by the Hauppauge remote/remotes. Even then there is a alot of customizing of the button/code layout you can use, due to the way the Hauppauge IR software is setup. See Opus4's thread for all you can do with the Hauppauge IR software.

As for all the different commands Sage can understand...
check the manual pg 153. Any of these commands can be mapped to an IR signal. Although the the proccess varies depending of wheter you're using the Hauppauge remote codes and reciever OR using a USB-UIRT and any remote. Both are talked about in the manual.

In your case...
Since you decided to get a USB-UIRT(from you other thread), you can use the remote codes for any remote you want. Just make sure the IR codes aren't being used by any of you other devices(Exampie:You don't want the remote control the TV and Sage and the same time). Once you set the Harmony up with a profile that has enough IR codes for your liking. Then you can map them to the desired SageTV commands. You do this in Detailed Setup>Commands>Link Ifrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command. Once again the 2.1 manual(pg 144) has the steps layed out, with pictures.