SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Minimize button

Hi,

I use the dynamic menu STV, and was wanting to add a button that would reduce Sage to just an icon by the clock, but can not see how to do it.

Thanks,

Simon.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Sage Expert

you can turn the screensaver off when sleeping and put it to sleep
Old 11-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Administrator

There should be a "Sleep Mode" menu item, or you could assign one for the "Power Off" command. You could also simply assign Power Off to a button on your remote. Since your comments in another thread mean you are using the Hauppauge remote... that command is already in the irremote.ini files in links #1 & #3 in my sig lines.

Edit: Oh right. As was mentioned above, if SageTV is full screen & you have "Screen Saver on Sleep" enabled in Detailed Setup -> General, then it will not sleep in the system tray. Disable that first & then it will minimize.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have used the power off menu item as there isnt a sleep mode one. Works fine, thanks.

Andy, I am using the USBIRT thingie with the silver remote.
Next I will be teaching my pronto the buttons.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Administrator

power off = sleep

And, obviously you can ignore the ini files I mentioned. Since you are planning to use a pronto + USB-UIRT, you don't really even need to worry about the Hauppauge remote. Just program the remote with whatever codes you want for all the commands you could possibly desire to use and toss the old remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep, I went to remotecentral, got a cff of a philips dvd player (something I will never own) and have used the IR codes to teach Sage.