SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone have No Focus Girder Configuration for Sagetv?

I have tried using hauppauges IR.EXE software with the updated ini to control sagetv without focus but it only seems to work for a certain period of time and then it stops working. I was wondering if anyone had a preconfigured girder file for sagetv and the hauppauge silver remote that would control sagetv without the focus so I could try that for comparison? Thanks, Rob
Old 12-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

robdmb- i have a girder .GML file posted @ www.mostlyfodder.com (click to page 3, the last page). it uses windows sendmessage to control sage. i think the sendmessage command GML initially came from user stranger89. i don't use keypresses anymore to control sage or meedio; it's all sendmessage. (sage uses the sendmessage utility posted on these forums; meedio uses the girder sendmessage plugin.)
-fodder
Old 12-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDMB
I have tried using hauppauges IR.EXE software with the updated ini to control sagetv without focus but it only seems to work for a certain period of time and then it stops working.
Does it stop working in the middle of using SageTV, or after a wake/sleep cycle? If it just stops at any time like a few people have mentioned, then it will be interesting to see if the Girder plugin for this remote also quits because the IR receiver is no longer responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyfodder
(sage uses the sendmessage utility posted on these forums; meedio uses the girder sendmessage plugin.)
For SageTV, you don't mean from within Girder, do you? If it is inside Girder, that should be Girder's sendmessage plugin, not the SendMessage.exe utility.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah it just quicks at random times. I am using the pvr 350 tv out and find that when I put sagetv to sleep sometimes the remote will work for a little then it stops working. Also I find sometimes the menus become extremely sluggish but thats a whole different story. How do I use that girder GML? Do I simply run that and then program it for my remote and then it will control sagetv without focus?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried downloading girder. That program appears way too complicated to me. I wish sagetv just had an option to directly access the IR remote so that IR.EXE wouldnt even have to be running. This option is in GB-PVR and it seems to work alright.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDMB
I tried downloading girder. That program appears way too complicated to me. I wish sagetv just had an option to directly access the IR remote so that IR.EXE wouldnt even have to be running. This option is in GB-PVR and it seems to work alright.
Come on now, it's not that complicated. Yes it CAN be complicated if you want, but when you start off with the Sage sendmessage GML, and use the correct girder plugin for the remote you're using, then all you need to do is select each Sage function you want, click "Learn event" and press the button on the remote. Done.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Go to the sage-community site, I've got instructions for setting up girder with for use with Sage (the link is in my sig).
Old 12-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll give it one more try. Just a quick question. Does the 2.019 GML work with the new 2.2 beta?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't changed my GML in as long as I can remember, so it should work.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I set up girder but now Im having a whole new list of problems. When I am on the main menu in sagetv and I press down to choose a menu option instead of just going down one it only goes from either the most top choice or the most bottom choice on the menu skipping the ones in between. I'm not sure why this is happening. Also is it ok to assign a button to two functions. Like on the hauppuage silver remote can left be both volume down and left in girder? Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok after further investigation I found that the down button works correctly if I unprogram channel up/down (leaving them blank) and only assign the button to up or down. However if I try to assign a button on the hauppauge remote to do both then it doesnt function right. Is there anyway to program it so that the down button is just normal down on the menu screen but channel down when viewing livetv?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think so, but you might want to look, there are two channel up/down commands.

Try using the "Up/Channel Up" and "Down/Channel Down" (these are the two right after volume up/down if I didn't name them well) commands instead of the "Channel Up/Page Up" and "Channel Down/Page Down" and then try not mapping "Up" and "Down"
Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

That fixed it thanks. It's working great now. I'm really liking this sagetv setup with the pvr 350 tv out. The hardware decoder makes my not so new pc still usable for other things and I can now use the remote without the focus. The girder setup seems a little more reliable than the nofocus IR.exe setup
Old 12-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

opus4-
yes you're right thanks for clarifying it. the sendmessage plugin for girder is sending windows msgs to sage. i use the sagetv sendmessage utility posted on these forums to send msgs from meedio to sage.