SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
NO upcoming recordings at all (in big trouble with wife)

Last night before bed I added about a dozen new favorite items to via my favorites manager and re-sorted it accordingly. This morning I just noticed that NOTHING is scheduled to record at all (old or new, NOTHING). No upcoming records listed in any view.

Favorite manager is correct, live TV works fine, pre-recording shows play back but the scheduling system has totally died. I rebooted and also moved a favorite up/down to make Sage re-scan the favorite list and nothing seems to work.

What did I do!?!? I have 38 favorites listed via the favorite manager, did I push the limit of something? My wife is going to kill me if I dont get this fixed FAST.

Thanks a million for any suggestions you might have.

Phil
Old 12-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Also verified tuners are working fine, and I can manually record shows with no problems.

If I schedule a manual record from the live guide, it will record for a while then STOP recording before the show is over. The partially recorded show will remain in the video recorded library. "Upcoming records" just blanks out as soon as it happens (before it said what it was recording when the manual show was set to record).

If I go back into the guide, the manual recording program is in "red" indicating it should be recording, the detail options show its recording but the "REC" icon is not lit.

Last edited by pciccone; 12-21-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've seen this a few times... but restart usually fixed it. If you are running as a service... be sure you stop sage, restart the service and then restart sage and that has fixed it in the past for me.

Check you epg data too... make sure you have some for the next coupld days!

Good Luck

Mike
Old 12-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

The only time I had something like that was because my zap2it subscription had expired and I hadn't noticed until it was too late. Do you have EPG data ?

Gog

Last edited by Gog; 12-21-2004 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30
I've seen this a few times... but restart usually fixed it. If you are running as a service... be sure you stop sage, restart the service and then restart sage and that has fixed it in the past for me.

Check you epg data too... make sure you have some for the next coupld days!

Good Luck

Mike
Looks good Mike, guide is looking good and even shows stuff I know should be recording in the next hours. Restarted WHOLE sageTV PC with no luck.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog
The only time I had something like that was because my zap2it subscription had expired and I hadn<t noticed until it was too late. Do you have EPG data ?

Gog
Yes, EPG looks good. I even looked through it a couple of hours ahead to see favorite shows actually in the list like the soap operas my wife records in 3 hours from now. I navigated into the soap opera and the favorite icon is lit (I run Cayers15).

I have made no changes to the software at all except adding new favorites. (which I have since removed)
Old 12-21-2004, 09:21 AM

Have you tried running the Origional STV yet?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Have you tried running the Origional STV yet?
Yeah, about 15 minutes ago. Same results in all aspects.

I have a backup of the wiz.bin from 2:30AM that the software made. When I install that one the recording scheduler does come back about 60 seconds after the software loads.

I am also seeing 100% CPU utlization on the wiz.bin that is not working. I am still troubleshooting now to see whats going on....
Old 12-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I added 6 "category" favorites last night, but set the recording cap to either 5 or 10 for each category. Could this have "overloaded" sagetv? I am thinking this is also part of the 100% CPU utilization issue. I am removing them now to see what happens.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I am 100% sure now this is the problem. It has to do with "category" favorites i.e. broad match recordings + the number of schedule days to look ahead being set to 14. I moved it back down to 2 days, I am waiting to see if the schedule comes back still running at 100%. I need to find the "happy medium" without overloading the scheduler process it seems.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:10 AM

Nice find!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Nice find!
Sadly, it seems Sage cannot handle most categories. Even just selecting "Movie" with a timeslot of 8PM produces 750 or so entries which it seems to not be able to process.

Since I know what it is now, I wonder if anyone else has some insight on this? What "should" SageTV be able to handle from a scheduling point of view on a 1.8ghz PC?

Thanks

Phil
Old 12-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Don't forget to mention the problem to Frey, though with a 14-day lookahead instead of the normal 3-day setting, it sounds like perhaps the schedule calculations simply could not get completed before it started over. (Just guessing.)

Also, so you know: when you set a recording cap for a fav, it affects how many shows will be kept, not how many will be scheduled: it schedules all those favorites that it can; once the recording limit is reached & if autodelete is off, then it will stop scheduling more of those shows.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Sadly, it seems Sage cannot handle most categories. Even just selecting "Movie" with a timeslot of 8PM produces 750 or so entries which it seems to not be able to process.
750!? It is probably also trying to generate lots of conflicts. Maybe it should have some sort of cutoff.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Don't forget to mention the problem to Frey, though with a 14-day lookahead instead of the normal 3-day setting, it sounds like perhaps the schedule calculations simply could not get completed before it started over. (Just guessing.)

Also, so you know: when you set a recording cap for a fav, it affects how many shows will be kept, not how many will be scheduled: it schedules all those favorites that it can; once the recording limit is reached & if autodelete is off, then it will stop scheduling more of those shows.

- Andy
Right, my goal here was to record some "extra" stuff almost like the intelligent recording feature but speciailize in categories that we watch. Limit of 10, no auto-delete was the idea. So we can browse, watch and delete and the slots would then fill up again.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
750!? It is probably also trying to generate lots of conflicts. Maybe it should have some sort of cutoff.

- Andy
Yeah my thoughts as well. Feature/bug report maybe....

I got it to work with a 10 limit, no delete, 8PM only, Movie category but so far thats it. If I expand my categories further it goes back to the same problem.

Thanks again!

Phil

Last edited by pciccone; 12-21-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you report that to Frey if you haven't already.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Make sure you report that to Frey if you haven't already.
Will do...

Phil