SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage User

REMOTE THAT WORKS WITH SAGE!!!!!!

Hello all,

I'm very upset with my FireFly remote and would like to know of a remote that works with SageTV 2.1. When i say "works" i mean every button on the remote works with Sage not just a few. I purchased my FireFly from www.pcalchemy.com as a bundle with the Pvr 150mce tuner card and upon installing the following buttons didn't work:
BACK, ENT, MENU, REC, PLAY, STOP, REW, FWD, PREV, PAUSE, NEXT, A, B, C, D. I have posted here yesterday to try and solve the problem but all the help from everybody had no effect. I think that i'm tired of messing around with this remote and want to find one that works!! I have noticed that Sage TV has support for IR remotes and you can map the keyboard keys to them, this sounds better than editing XML files. I spent over $1000 on this HTPC system and i should be able to pause live tv but i can't. PLEASE...advise on what i should do or buy to correct this issue and of course thank you for all your inputs.

extreme.paradox
Old 12-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

I use a OneForAll 6131 universal remote in combonation w/ a USB-UIRT IR reciever. The 6131 has all the buttons used with Sage and is easy to set up. Check it out here. You can also pick one up locally at most retailers but BluDo sells a JP1 modified version you can find by following the link.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Did you see this thread: Installed 2.1, lost my Firefly?

From the first few posts there, it sounds like you are getting hit with the fact that a window class name was changed & it isn't detecting SageTV now. It may need to be changed to "sage.SpecialWindow"... but I don't know where you change that in the firefly files.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Yea,

I saw that post but i'm wondering if Sage 2.1 or FireFly 1.2 is causing the problem. Do you know where i can get an older copy of FireFly? I have sage TV 2.0
Old 12-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Oh -- I thought you said you had v2.1, above.

For the SageTV FireFly setup, what window class name is it currently using? If it is already using the newer class name, maybe someone around here remembers the old class name for v2.0. (I _think_ it might have been "sage.d".)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Sage User

My last post was saying that maybe i should switch to the older version of sage which was 2.0 to fix the problem. I am currently running version 2.1. I will look for the file name you mentioned and try to make corrections. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

If you are using 2.1 then try this: (snagged from the firefly forum)
Quote:
i think you have to change the sagetv profile .xml file

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Snapstream\Firefly\Profiles\SageTV-FreyTechnologies-1.4.xml

when i was doing an sagetv upgrade to 2.1.10, i added this line to the .xml file towards the beginning of the file:

<Identifier ClassName="sage.SpecialWindow" WindowText="SageTV" FileName="C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\SageTV.exe" />

the ClassName= has been in past as sage.d or sage.s or sage.t or sage.ae in addition to sage.SpecialWindow -- so i have also kept additional multiple Identifier tag lines for each of those ClassNames in my firefly profile for sagetv. i've rolled back to sagetv 2.0.19 because the tv picture wasn't resizing properly (or quickly enough) when going between a menu with a TV pip and fullscreen tv (and vice versa) on my system. so by my keeping the other lines in the xml file, then the firefly continues to work no matter what version of sagetv that i'm using. also specifying the FileName and the WindowText helps, but even if being redundant helps me to make sure it works no matter what.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Sage User

Thanks ToxMox,

i ended up doing that with the one on the sagetv disk and it fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:23 PM

Well read my post in the first place and download attached File SageTV-FreyTechnologies-1.4.zip and copy the file to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Firefly\Profiles\
Then try your remote it should work