SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-02-2005, 08:47 PM

Running Sage Fullscreen on a secondary monitor

Hey all -

So I got a new monitor for my HTPC so that I didn't have to turn on my TV for everything. No sense turning the TV on and off just to kick off a DVD burn or something. (BTW - Samsung 15" Analog LCDs are $200 AR at Best Buy this week.)

So I got it pretty much working the way I want to, I have the LCD Monitor plugged into the VGA output, and an ATI Component Dongle in the DVI output that goes to the TV. this is in a 9800Pro BTW.

The only problem is that when I go to enter Full screen mode on Sage, it will only enter fullscreen mode on the monitor I have selected as my Primary monitor. This is fine, except for when you launch any other application, it also launches in the primary monitor. So I tried making the tv the secondary monitor, putting Sage over there and entering full screen, but it just came back up on the LCD Monitor.

So I guess my problem is this. I want to make my TV my secondary monitor, and still have Sage enter Full Screen on it. I want to keep the LCD Monitor my primary monitor, so that when I launch anything other than Sage, it launches on that monitor. I don't actually really care which one is primary and secondary, so long as Sage launches into Full Screen on the TV (DVI Out) and PC application launch on the LCD (VGA Out), I'll be a happy camper.

FWIW, I've tried a couple things. I tried the suggestions in this thread: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...screen+primary
but to no avail. I've tried resizing the Sage window to fullscreen so that the overscan hides the borders of the window, but then not all of the Sage window is displayed, and it's godawful slow.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, and software I should try out, configuration changes, whatever, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Andy
Old 01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

It's supposed to go fullscreen on whatever monitor it is on, if it's not, I'd submit a bug report (and/or try the newest beta if you aren't using it already).
Old 01-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

Here ya go http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=9084

The only problem I was not able to solve, is that my Streamzap remote only will control whatever window has focus, which makes doing things on the LCD difficult if I am mashing on the remote alot. It is nice though, if say I want to watch a movie and do some other lengthy task (like rip/transcode a DVD), so long as Sage has focus on the LCD and the other app is minimized or not in the foreground.

You might have a different remote and not this problem.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas
The only problem I was not able to solve, is that my Streamzap remote only will control whatever window has focus...
The answer is girder (there's a link in my sig).