SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Sage 2.1 Freeze with second PVR card connected

Hi,

I have my HTPC running with 2 PVR 150MCE cards installed, one of them is attached to my cable tv and the other is installed in the case with no cable attached. The problem i'm having is that when i split my calbe signal and connect to both cards with two different listings (comcast digital/comcast anylog) sage tv freezes about two minutes after. Right now i have a cable splitter splitting the one cable signal into two and sent to each card. I also have a cable box and when i configure it eighter way sage freezes. Is there somthing that i'm over looking or did i waste $74 on a second card so i can record while i watch another program? If someone could take the time and walk me through the setup step by step i would be greatful...i'm frustrated and this is the last problem i'm trying to overcome.

Thanks,
Extreme.Paradox
Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Sage User

I was wondering why knowone has posted on my link, has this not happened to anyone else.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme.paradox
Hi,

I have my HTPC running with 2 PVR 150MCE cards installed, one of them is attached to my cable tv and the other is installed in the case with no cable attached. The problem i'm having is that when i split my calbe signal and connect to both cards with two different listings (comcast digital/comcast anylog) sage tv freezes about two minutes after. Right now i have a cable splitter splitting the one cable signal into two and sent to each card. I also have a cable box and when i configure it eighter way sage freezes. Is there somthing that i'm over looking or did i waste $74 on a second card so i can record while i watch another program? If someone could take the time and walk me through the setup step by step i would be greatful...i'm frustrated and this is the last problem i'm trying to overcome.

Thanks,
Extreme.Paradox
I can speak to the 150's, but I have multiple 250's working just fine. One possibly dumb question ... have to tested each card individually just to eliminate a bad card scenario? Also, I have many splits on my cable even requiring an amp. I had a split that was not used and had to (terminate) cap it. Do you have any unused splits left open? Doubt this has anything to do with the freeze but thought I would share a but of my experience. Lastly, I assume you have downloaded the latest Hauppauge drivers.

Also, have you submitted this to Frey support?

Not sure if any of this helps, but at least you got one response ...

T.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Well, it is the weekend, so not everyone is around as much.

At what point does it stop -- what were you doing? Someone earlier today had a problem where SageTV appeared to freeze as it was trying to download the EPG lineup info. Is that what is happening with you? If so, perhaps teh SageTV EPG server is crawling along today & try letting it sit for quite a while.

If you mean the PC locks... ?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also make sure if your useing a dual channel board with dual channel memory that you don't accidently pull a bonehead move like i did and put one in the dual channel and the other in single channel. Or put a single stick in the dual channel slot.

I found out the hard way that it will cause freeze ups in sage with two tuners in this case.

Hey i make no excuses though i was tired and sick when i put the memory in i should have looked closer at the slots lol.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW
Old 01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedz
Also make sure if your useing a dual channel board with dual channel memory that you don't accidently pull a bonehead move like i did and put one in the dual channel and the other in single channel. Or put a single stick in the dual channel slot.

I found out the hard way that it will cause freeze ups in sage with two tuners in this case.

Hey i make no excuses though i was tired and sick when i put the memory in i should have looked closer at the slots lol.

Kudos for your humility and sharing the experience ... I can see myself doing the same ... Now I will keep it in mind!
Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey i wouldn't have felt so bad but it took me so long to figure that one out i thought the board was bad or something like that so i went out and got a different one and a new cpu (decided to go 64 bit) took a few months to save up for it. And only found the problem when i was pulling out a stick to try out the new board before setting it up.

It was like a Homer moment DOH!
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW

Last edited by Crazedz; 01-10-2005 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM

I'm running two 150MCEs and Sage Service (I guess) will crash after 10-60 sec.
I've tried both 2.1 and the 2.2 beta, but have gone back to the release.
The drivers are dated 11/11/04 and ver 2.0.18.22316
also using JRE 5.0, after trying 1.4.6

I'm pretty successfull with a BTV trial, although getting both tuners to record (on BTV) seems to be hit and miss.
I'm not impressed with either package's level of control or info regarding mult tuner operation.

running a Abit IC7-G (i875), 1gig OF 3200, and a R9700Pro.

I don't feel like spending the $80 for BTV, so I hope Ex.pdox and I can get it fixed.